D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Explorer
The downed fish-man has four vials on him, three empty, one full of a white translucent liquid. Closer inspection reveals that whatever is inside of it seems to be moving around. He also had a shark-tooth dagger of some sort and a climber's kit. From what you can tell he's a human male who has been transformed by something to have gills, fins, scales, and clearly smelly yellow bile and blood. The nature of it looks like it wasn't some quick change, and it isn't reversing upon death. It already seems to be decaying... quickly.

The half-orc can be found, tall and in his trunks. He looks at Bella with bloodshot eyes. "Bella, what's going on? Four of my players are sick. I did not feel well myself..."

The crowds thin and a few guards approach, as well as healers of a few sorts.

[sblock=Gul]The fluid in the vial is likely a parasite of some sort, created or enhanced via some arcane means. It was likely added to the pool at some point, allowing it to spread and dilute. Perhaps it was also used in other water supplies to cause illnesses elsewhere. That there was one vial left implies there might have been another target. You do not see anyone else in the crowd immediately suspicious.[/sblock]

The town watch begins to show up and starts asking questions. They don't seem overly suspicious at the moment.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
So the party surrounds the invisifishman. Davaros cuts the creature bleeding yellow.

"Brrberglerrberrr!"

The creature, still invisible, the creature takes a hide action. A few seconds later, a body fades into visibility on the ground where the creature disappeared. It is humanoid-ish, blue-green, covered in barnacles, and it's blood is yellow. It's convulsing and foaming at the mouth with a putrid bile coming up.

As the body appears, Davaros kneels and touches it, his hands seem to glow for a brief moment. The warrior then stands, and readies his sword at the creature's neck.

OOC: use lay on hands for 1hp

Shayuri

First Post
As the crowd thins, Ilshana darts over to see what everyone's up to. She is taken aback by the fish-man though...far weirder than even SHE had expected!

"What...IS that?" she asks, aghast.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Here," says Bellalalalalinda to the swim team, "try one of these."

She reaches into her pouch and retrieves a handful of goodberries and pours them into the halforc's hand.

"I don't know if it will stop what's afflicting you, but it's the best I can do right now. Stay here with Whistler."

She closes his massive hand around the tiny berries to prevent any from spilling, and then starts moving towards the healers, looking for one that might be able to help.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Davaros stabilizes the body, which then takes damage on its next turn unstabilizing it.

The half-orc is thankful and somewhat confused. Some healers arrive and ascertain, "Whatever caused this is a disease, not a poison or a curse, if anyone else can lend a hand."

A dock-hand walks up to Ilshana and offers, "That dagger and that appearance, you rarely see it in civilized places, that man wears the colors of the Kraken Society. They are known to the fishers and sailors as ones not to mess with, praising some drowned god and performing piracy for religion and not profit."

OOC: Pace seems to have slowed up. Partially me. If the party wants to summon up the energy to rekindle things and set us off on a new course of action that's fine.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros stabilizes the body, which then takes damage on its next turn unstabilizing it.

The half-orc is thankful and somewhat confused. Some healers arrive and ascertain, "Whatever caused this is a disease, not a poison or a curse, if anyone else can lend a hand."

Davaros touches the body again, healing energy flowing through his hands.

OOC: Davaros will use 5hp of lay on hands to cure the disease, then 1hp to stabilize him. Total lay on hands consumed to date: 7hp.

Regarding the game slowing down, I'm fine exploring what is going on here. I think we can get back into it if we increase our posting rate. ;-)

Yavathol

Explorer

Gul overheard the dock hand and asked, "You heard anything about where their base is? Seen any in Waterdeep or did you hear about them in some far off region?"

Looking over at the fish creature, he shrugged, "I don't know it's language, but good job keeping it alive! Hopefully we can communicate with it in some way and try and find out more."
OOC:
I'm keen to keep going:) I think if we get in another fight, the immediate course of action is clearer, it's harder when figuring out what to do with so many options!

[sblock=status]Gul hp 30/30 Temp.hp 5

Str +0 Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +0(+3 Saves), Cha +2(+5 Saves)

Arcana +6, Religion +6, Investigation +6, Stealth +5 (disadvantage), Survival +3, Concentration +1

AC 18

Inspiration: no
Concentrating:

Spells/day: 4/4 2/2

Pact Magic(1st): 2

HD: 3d6+2d8/3d6+2d8

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ng-s-Thunder&p=6897185&viewfull=1#post6897185
[/sblock]

Remove ads