• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part II

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Apparently I also can't read. Undead didn't go into the wall, it stepped next to Llry to attack him and is still there[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Viktor drops his torch and axe where he is and continues is move east, along the north wall, while drawing his bow, and firing at the one in the purple robe at the far corner.
[sblock=ooc]10' more of movement, drop stuff draw bow and shoot. dodge against 2[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Bub snaps out of his reverie to the agony of tiny spider bites. Practically roaring out a growl, he proceeds to bear down on his enemy with a mad gleam in his eye. Llyr reels in mental agony, but maintains the presence of the swarm. He then withdraws to the same room as Viktor while focusing on the swarm.[sblock=oc]Bub goes into a rage (+4 to con and str, -2 to AC) and continues to attack 2. Llyr moves 30' into south room, specifically the south side of the room, right next to the second pillar.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
Vitkor moves, grabs his bow, and fires a shot. However, it seems that some magic force protects the man from the arrow.

Llyr takes a step and concentrates on maintaining the swarm.

Bub, in a mad frenzy, lashes a claw at the man to the south. He tears a nice-sized wound in the man's side.

The swarm follows Bub, its prey, and hundreds of spiders bite both the wolverine and the man next to him. The man seems to weaken a bit from the spiders' poison.

While Brannak remains enthralled by the inane babbling, Alexis channels divine energy once again, however, she simply cannot muster the force of will to drive this undead away.

The undead creature takes a swipe at Llyr again. Fortunately, this time, its aim is wide. The thing then sinks into the floor.

While only Bub can see it, a man steps through the door to the north and you can all hear the casting of a spell beginning.

The purple-robed man that had opened the door moves back toward the swarm and Bub. With an incantation and a gesture, a wave of flame leaps from his outstretched hands. While Bub is only minorly burned, the swarm of spiders is nearly fried to oblivion.

Dav glances at Alexis, at his magic sword, at the man in the hall to the east, and finally at the floor. Gripping the magic short sword, he waits for the incorporeal undead to return.

The purple-robed man skirts by Bub and, from a scroll he'd already had in hand, casts a spell. A think mass of webs covers the corner, almost stretching as far as to where Viktor is.

[sblock=OOC]Given my failure to realize that Llyr had moved, I adjusted a little bit to account for it. Aside from actually changing the map to show where both L and 3 should be, I've also slightly changed where D went, and decided that he dropped his bow and drew the magic short sword while moving. I assume you guys are okay with that.

Oh, and I didn't explicitly mention it, but this whole place is lit. The map is also messy. If you need help with it, let me know. The swarm is in the second place now. I accidentally made it on the background, rather than its own layer... oops.

Viktor: drops stuff; moves and draws; shoots 2, 12+4=16, miss (note, the pillars provide cover)
Llyr: 5-foot step E; concentrates
Bub: rages; moves; attacks 2, 18+, hit, 6 damage
Swarm: covers U and 2 (AoO by Bub, but he can't hurt it), auto damage, U-1, 2-2, poison saves: U-17+, success; 2-2+, fail, 1 STR; nauseation for next action saves, U-19+, success; 2-17+, success
Brannak: poor thing
Alexis: 5-foot step; turn attempt, 1+, fail (total suck)
3: attacks L, 2+, miss; 5-foot step into the floor
6: (oooh, someone new) 5-foot step; casting a 1-rd casting time spell
1: moves; casts burning hands at U and Swarm; ref saves, U-20!, 2 damage, Swarm-9+, fail, 7 damage
Dav: readies
2: moves (U used his AoO on the swarm, but, if it makes you feel better, he would have missed, 5+); casts web (you'll need to read it), U ref save, 18+, success

Status & Init:
Dav: protection from evil, 18 rounds remain; readied
2: 8 damage; 1 STR damage
Viktor: dodge against 2
Llyr: 3 wisdom drain
Bub: 6 damage (raging)
Swarm: 7 damage
Brannak: affected as hypnotism
Alexis
3: (is actually in the floor)
6:

All allies: +1 to saves vs charm and fear; +1 to attack and weapon damage rolls; 4 rounds remain
[sblock=SPECIAL SBLOCK JUST FOR ME!!!]Enemy actions
4, 5: mage armor
6: casting summon mon III

Enemy Status:
4, 5: shield of faith +3 (58 rds); protection from arrows (30/30 damage); mage armor
2: as 4 (-1 rd duration)
1: as 4, minus mage armor
3: 5 temp hps
6: mage armor; shield of faith +4 (118 rds); false life (11 hps)

Hypnotism: 1 round remains[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

o3caudata

First Post
"I don't understand this...." Alexis stares intently at the place where the incorporeal being disappeared into the floor.

[sblock=OC]Ready to turn.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Viktor puts his bow back into it's place on his back, steps over and picks up his axe once again. "Bub's trapped, and the guy went back up." Shouts Viktor, informing the others of his encounter.
[sblock=ooc] sheath my bow, 5' step west, then pick up my axe[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Bub viciously fights through the webbing to continue his assault on his foe. Llyr steps south and starts casting again.[sblock=oc]Bub keeps attacking #2. He moves N, NE, N, N and attacks. If the webs hinder he keeps trying until he gets to #2. Llyr takes a 5' south and starts casting SNA II[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads