• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

worthley

First Post
Bazrim does his best to keep pace with the others. When the road gets crowded, his gaze moves down to the belts of his friends in front of him, making sure no pickpocketting happens just below is natural eye level.

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Dichotomy said:
I decided to assume that you guys have watches. I have also decided that, unless Neth is on watch, you don't use any light sources. I also just randomly determined the watch order to decide that it was Eskard's watch. If that doesn't work... umm... then you should say something when I ask if you want to do stuff.
That was meant to be a hint, in case there was any doubt. I'll keep just randomly determining how you guys take watches and such, if you'd like.

Also, if possible, I'd like to get at least a bit closer to that post per day thing. It seems like we only ever do so during combat.[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
Kushnak settles in and asks Nethezar, "You wouldn't be willing to share a sample of that, would you?"

"We've been on the road so long now, I'm beginning to enjoy it just for the sake of it. I never thought I'd find so much of a fight just wandering about. I do wonder though, how things are fairing with the mage and those back at the fort...

For that, I like your plan, woman. Let's get to town as soon as we can."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Nethezar, more laid back than usual, smiles at Kushnak. "Your god doesn't forbid you life's simple pleasure, does he?" the scholar jokes as he retrieves another pipe.

"Getting to the Free City will do well for us, I think,"[color] Nethezar comments. "We have plenty to sell, and questions to answer. I just hope this Eligos can tell us something."

worthley

First Post
Bazrim lays back an enjoys the smell coming from the pipe. He smiles and thinks of times when his best friend was a fresh pint, and his worst enemy was the bottom of a mug. All while only pretending to listen to the others he is camping with tonight.
[sblock=ooc]I am ok with random shifts for watch. If any sort of order is needed, I think Bazrim will suggest he goes last.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel scrunches her nose slightly as the pipes are lit and moves upwind. She makes no comment against the act though. "We musn't forget to petition on behalf of the lizardfolk either. They shouldn't be punished more for one piss poor leader."

As night settles in she offers to take either first or last watch.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Day 34

[sblock=OOC]I'm going to assume there won't be anymore said on the subject, and I'm moving on accordingly.[/sblock]
"'Piss poor,'" Nethezar muses, as he smokes his pipe. "Such an odd turn of phrase. Must originate from the orcish tongue, don't you think?" the scholar playfully chides Kushnak.

Cognizant of the dangers camping on the road can be, the group takes care and sets up watches.

Fortunately, the night's rest is uninterrupted, save when one watch ends and the next begins. You awake in the morning refreshed and ready for the next day. Even the bright sun seems to think this is a good day for travel.

You are clearly getting closer to the Free City, as your travel is now routinely intersecting the travel of others.

Almost precisely at lunchtime, you come near a small (but not tiny) inn on the side of the road. The sign on the roadside reads "Able Carter Coaching Company Inn," clearly indicating that it is a branch of the same coaching company stationed in Diamond Lake. Judging from the outside, it looks like the place as a few small room and a larger common room. As you'd expect from a coaching company, there is a stable attached to the inn that is nearly as large as the inn itself.
[sblock=OOC]You all heal from the night's rest. You should tell me, just in case the fatigue matters, whether you want to push the extra mile today or tomorrow. Or if you just intend to change plans entirely.[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
"If it won't slow us down much, we should get one real meal in before the long march tomorrow."

Kushnak keeps an eye out for any thugs that might have received word from Diamond Lake, but approaches the inn.

[sblock=ooc]I believe the plan was to push on the last day.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Bazrim sniffs the air, and lets the smell of food that hasn't sat in a musty pack for days consume his nostrils. He then responds to Kushnak as he pushes his way to the door of the inn. "And if it does slow us down, we should at least be drunk enough not to know the difference."
[sblock=oo]I agree with the last day for the extra mile[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
"A decent meal would be a pleasant change, and we'll have made the money back in a day." The elf observes as she follows the dwarf into the inn. [sblock=oc]last day woot[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads