• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

worthley

First Post
Bazrim gathers his things and mumbles to himself. The others make out that he is weighing the possibility that the worgs were sent to attack them versus the scent of fresh meat drawing them to the area.

o3caudata

First Post
Obviously not satisfied with driving the worgs off, Eskard drops his sword, draws his bow as he moves closer to the retreating animals and looses an arrow.

[sblock=oc]Drop, move 40' toward them while drawing bow, shoot 2. +9 / d8+4[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Eskard pursuing the fleeing worgs, shooting as he goes. With an excellent shot, the warrior drops the wounded of the pair. The remaining worg begins sprinting away.

While Erdolliel begins gutting the corpses again, Nethezar uses his wand to distribute some healing. "Need a new one soon..." he mumbles.

The elf, meanwhile, hits paydirt this time. In the stomach of one of the worgs, Erdolliel finds a white opal.
[sblock=OOC]Eskard: moves; shoots 2, 19+ hit, 12 damage, drops

Let me know if you intend to keep pursuing the last one. It is 260 feet away from Eskard.

Kushnak gets 3 hps, Erdolliel gets 4 and 7 (11 total) hps, and Nethezar gets 5 hps.

For ease (and so as to not forget later), the opal is worth 1,000, but you don't know it yet.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel digs a wand out of her pack and hands it to Nethezar. "You're better with it than I am anyway." She mutters awkwardly.

Thinking for a second, she goes through the pack again and pulls out a club. Bringing it to Nethezar as well she gruffly says, "We still haven't figured out what all this stuff is either."

o3caudata

First Post
"YES!" shouts Eskard as he raises his hands above his head and jumps up and down a little.

He stows his bow, retrieves his sword and continues on with the others.

michael_noah

First Post
"This trip has been... eventful," Kushnak muses as the travels begin again. "Are any of you familiar with the city? I wonder what else we might accomplish while there."

TiCaudata

First Post
"I have never strayed that way before, but I imagine we will be able to 'accomplish' just about whatever we like, provided we can pay..." Erdolliel settles into a rhythm for the long walk ahead.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Finishing Day 33

As the last of the worgs continues its flight, the group gathers again to head out on the road.

Travel is largely uneventful. However, you do begin to notice a bit more traffic on the road: merchant's wagons, occasional farmers, and a troupe of halflings. When you pass the latter, Nethezar takes a moment to quietly talk to them. You see a pouch and some coins exchange hands, but the cleric deflects any questions.

You eventually come to a halt at the end of the day. As you make your preparations for the evening, you see that Nethezar apparently purchased some type of tobacco or pipe weed from the halflings. It has an extremely pleasant and mellow aroma.
[sblock=OOC]I'm going on a limb and assuming you don't randomly attack travelers...

As always, feel free to talk more.

You've now covered 48/85 miles; assuming Neth keeps the boots, you still travel 18 miles/day (given the terrain).

Status
Bazrim:
Kushnak: 7 damage
Eskard: 6 damage
Erdolliel: 5 damage
Nethezar: 5 damage[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
As the road becomes more crowded, Erdolliel gets more wary of the travelers around you. She keeps herself in check however, trying not to give any offense to the innocent passerby. "We'll have to decide if we want to push a little harder one of these last days or not. I'm in favor of spending the second night from now in an inn."[sblock=oc]for all you arithmetic majors out there 85-48=37 37/18= 2 days with a remainder of 1 mile. IF we decide to push for the extra mile one day it would be a force march con check right? However, the rules check by hour of progress. If we only have to go a mile that's only a little under half an hour of forced march. So do we automatically succeed in making it the extra mile, but still run the risk of fatigue? In which case we just shouldn't fight anything until the morning.[/sblock]

Remove ads