• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

o3caudata

First Post
Beaming, Eskard claps the boy on the back with a blood soaked hand and walks to the boar for a meal.

[sblock=oc] Ready to go, sheet is good.[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
After retrieving as much meat has he can, Eskard follows the others on their continued journey to the Free City.

[sblock=oc]So michaelnoah has a baby and might never post again, but we might as well get to a point where we need him to post.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Finishing Day 34

[sblock=OOC]I spoke with m_n today. I figured he was going to post...

Once you are done with today, you will have covered 66/85 miles; assuming Neth keeps the boots, you still travel 18 miles/day (given the terrain). I'm still assuming that you will push the last day.[/sblock]
The young lad looks at Erdolliel with amazement. "Well, 29 of the silver was mine. I had to save for months." He scratches his chin and meekly looks at his boots. "I... I didn't expect to get my money back. Now that I have it... Well, I was trying to leave the Free City..."

worthley

First Post
Bazrim, interested in the boy's motives looks at him quizzically and then asks. "What are you fleeing from? We aren't going to be arrested once we hit the gates if you are by our sides, are we?" Bazrim obviously ignores that the boy feels he might have a choice in leaving the group.

TiCaudata

First Post
"Well that purse will get you alot further than 29 silver would. It's yours if you give us a tour of the Free City.

"Your choice though..."

Dichotomy

Explorer
The lad's mouth drops open at Bazrim's words, but Nethezar interjects before the boy says anything. "Just because you manage to irritate every being you meet doesn't mean this boy has to flee from those that know him," the scholar notes dismissively.

The boy completely forgets about both Nethezar and Bazrim, however, when Erdolliel offers the whole purse. "Really? The whole thing?! You have a deal, milady!"

The boy suddenly realizes that he has Eskard's bloody handprint on his back. As Eskard returns with what meet he could find (which was very little), he sees the boy craning his neck to see his own back.

michael_noah

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, sort of settled down now. Damn mid-term, no more light-beds, etc. Since we have no record of the extra xp Kushnak got from being lower level, I'll just live with that total for now - but lets record his xp awarded there too for future encounters?[/sblock]

"Hmmrff..." Kushnak dismisses the dead trolls. "That does seem a good deal... We'll need to be able to find these folks fast, as well as someone to buy our treasures."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Day 35

[sblock=OOC]Feel free to keep talking if you want.[/sblock]
With the lad in tow, you finish your jaunt for the day. You make preparations and set watch for the night, but it passes without incident, which might not be surprising now that you are so close to the city.

You make your way on the last leg of the journey. As you get even closer to the Free City, you meet many more people on the road: farmers bringing wares to sell, simple traveling folk, and even a brigade on patrol.

As the sun sets and dusk turns to twilight, you push yourselves a little further. Kushnak's body slumps with the strain, but you manage to reach the Free City.

Perched on the banks of a broad, slow-moving river, the Free City, glowing even at night, comes into view. Larger than any other, this city is home to tens of thousands, living together with the hope of a better life. Tall spires and gabled roofs crowd together and peek out over the high stone walls that surround the bustling metropolis, while smaller, less opulent buildings spread from its walls in nearly every direction. Even at this hour, common folk, along with carts and wagons laden with wares for market, form a line slowly trudging toward the nearest gate. You can only imagine how much more would be there during the peak of day.
[sblock=OOC]Forced march CON checks, DC 12
K: 1+ fail; 5 nonlethal damage; fatigued
R: 15+ success
S: 4+ success
B: 19+ success
N: 16+ success
Boy: 12+ success

Anything before you head in? Given the line, you'd guess at least an hour's wait.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Bazrim states what he feels is obvious, but needs to be said anyway. "As it is already quite late, and many of the shops are already closed, it is probably best we find rooms for the night, and start fresh in the morning." He then looks to the boy, "Lad, where is a place with cheap rooms, but decent ale?"

Remove ads