• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: I don't think Instant Death is a variant rule. If you are brought to 0 and the remaining damage is more than your HP max, then you dead. With that said, is the 35 damage with or without her resistance applied?

Here's a Death Save in case it was not already applied: [roll0]

OOC: That was without. Forgot the halflingness.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Naeris whips round after seeing the light show the bow in his right hand "What in the name of......." Naeris stops dead as he sees the scene behind him the human is frozen solid and the halfing covered in green liquid pooling on the floor, he runs over to the frozen human dropping the ornate bow on the way "What did you do! I told you to leave it" Naeris trails of into elven curses as he trys to figure a way out to free the human from his predicament.

Forged Fury

First Post
A rainbow of death blasted out from the chest. A sickly green ray struck Whisper full in the chest, knocking her down. Crippling pain seized her insides and she writhed on the ground for a moment. I'm dead, I am so dead, she thought as the pain wracked her body. Seconds later, she was utterly surprised to find herself still alive, although greatly wounded. Taking a deep breath, she pushed herself up off the ground and took a deep breath. "Sorry about that folks, but don't worry, I'm ali..." she started to say before spotting the frozen statute that was once Siljar. "Not the mage!" she croaked.

In response to Nearis, she replied, "Well, I warned everyone to leave the room while I was working on the chests. Not my fault if people don't take good advice."

Azurewraith

Explorer
" And i warned you to leave it so don't talk to me about good advice aaarrrrrrggghhhhhhhhh" Naeris screams with rage "This.... this arguing is pointless we need to get out of here now. Whats done is done hes dead nothing we can do about it... Dead is... Dead just like my.... Captain always said.... At this point Naeris's hand begins to shake as he clenchs into a fist "You cant help the dead move on, focus on the living. The dead earned there sleep" Naeris grabs the bow tests its draw before slinging it over his shoulder "Dwarf tunnel figure it out now. Fool how bad are your wounds" Something switches in Naeris as his once childish remarks are gone his face becomes stern as he takes charge

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar jumped at the sound behind him, and turned in time to see the wizard freeze and the Halfling fly back.

"By Moradin's Hairy Arse!" he yelled back, "I didn't tell ye to get us all killed to death!"

Hearing the elf's command to find a tunnel irked him. He didn't take commands from an elf.

"If the trap was sprung, the chest might be safe to open, now. If we get something that can help, then the wizard won't have died in vain."

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Most traps i have encountered vaporize the contents, there's also no knowing if it resets itself or not. Focus on the tunnel we need to get away that trap could have alerted its owner" Naeris shall inspect the Humans corpse to see if anything is salvageable.

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar goes to the halfling to help her up. "It were a good try," he said to her.

He he then started examining the area for another way out.

Creamsteak

Explorer
There's the tunnel back where you came from, or digging for likely another hour towards the west. Or the stargate, if it's a stargate and not just gonna kill you.

Siljar's belongings are mostly eradicated, including the books he was holding, however the wand seems fine, though cold.

Remove ads