D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Forged Fury

First Post
Whisper glowered at the drow and shot back, "I think you need to get yourself under control and you're definitely not fit to lead us, so don't give me any orders. I survived the trap. I've been around a lot of them and am still alive. So maybe when it comes to traps, since I happen to be the expert, you can listen to my advice. You may stay alive longer She nodded in appreciation to Koregar to help her up. "I should be fine if we were to take a short break, although here might not be the best place to do it."

Whisper examined the chest again to see if the spell appeared to still be in effect. She agreed with the dwarf, hopefully something in the chest might be able to help them and Siljar wouldn't have died in vain, or at least less in vain.

OOC: I'm not sure if I can detect that or not... or what kind of check that would be.

Here's a straight D20 roll [roll0]

Forged Fury

First Post
Seeing Naeris starting to drag Siljar's corpse out of the room, she rasped, "Maybe we can really make sure he didn't die in vain... I mean, he won't care at this point. Maybe we should toss him on the amethyst and see if it takes him somewhere..."

Creamsteak

Explorer
The chest appears to have been unlocked. Five robes of various patterns are found within.

One decorated up like a beholder costume.

One decorated like a rainbow.

One decorated like a beautiful night sky.

One regal in white and gold motif, not unlike a priests or wizards vestments.

One that looks like it was made out of a terrible set of blinds with a bunch of different seemingly random artwork on it.

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Listening to your advice got this poor man killed, yes you survived but when you have killed me and the dwarf and are left alone in the darkness how long will you last then? as for throwing him into the purple rune we dont know what it it is, it could lead to some guard post or anything and before we know it where up to our eyeballs in it. Look at that he died for a bad wardrobe.... Look we tried things your way it didnt work out so great, perhaps its time to try things my way"

OOC: Now that im in possession of the bow does it appear to be magic or just fancy shmanchy

Creamsteak

Explorer
The bow seems anathema in your hands at the moment, like a cursed thing that threatens with its touch. It requires attunement to use.

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Possible insight roll to figure out if it feels curse due to curse or whether its due to the fey being Naeris sworn enemy and the spirit of one is inside. Insight [roll0]

tglassy

Adventurer
"I say we rest a while. A good long rest. That'll refresh us, get some food in our belly, and we'll be better able to tackle the dangers this place has." Koregar said, stretching his arms.

Forged Fury

First Post
Turning to Koregar she asked, "Is he addled? My advice was to get out while I worked on these, wasn't it? Maybe he just doesn't speak the Common tongue very well. I'll use smaller words next time."

Pulling out the vestments, she rasped, "Found some robes." She liked the look of the black robe., it was her favorite color.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Possible insight roll to figure out if it feels curse due to curse or whether its due to the fey being Naeris sworn enemy and the spirit of one is inside. Insight [roll0]

You get the feeling the statement in the book about there being another soul moving within was not a lie, and you would need to commune with it to either establish control or be controlled, requiring atunement during a short rest.

Remove ads