D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Forged Fury

First Post
With one hand free, Whisper used her remaining manacled hand to swing herself over to the next captive, wrapping her legs around their chest once she gained purchase. Judging by the solidness and stoutness, not to mention the voluminous beard and peculiar smell, she guessed that she had landed on a dwarf. "Hold still," she rasped and applied her lockpick to the lock.

OOC: Not sure if that would require an Acrobatics check as well, but I'll include one for good measure.
Dexterity (Acrobatics) = [roll0]
Dexterity (Thieve's Tools) w/Disadvantage = Worse of [roll1] or [roll2]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Whisper manages to completely free herself. Siljar and Koregar both have one hand free after that.

For the thing in darknesses action, it manages to pry the lid off it's tomb. None can see what is within, it does not move that quickly.

The whole group has actions at this point.

Presumabily the dwarf, one hand bound, can make an athletics check to break his remaining binding (which will free one hand for the drow). If Siljar's action still stands, he can cast light on the room.

Azurewraith

Explorer
"I suggest you hurry it up little lady, our host will be with us shortly by the looks of things. I fear with both my hands bound. Other than warn you of the impending doom that you cannot see"

OOC: Is there anyway to get an angle to see into the coffin. Prehaps using the chains to pulling on the chains to gain a higher vantage?

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar feels the Halfling’s legs wrap around his chest, and flushes, “Dagnabit, ya durned fool! Now ain’t the time fer playin!”
When his manacle comes off, he swings from his other one, spinning in circles as he tries to orient himself. A number of curses in Dwarvish and Common come flowing out of his dirty beard as his armor scraps against the pillar.

Creamsteak

Explorer
So Siljar casts light (on what?), illuminating the room.

Did Koregar want to take an action of some sort? Athletics to break or something?

Azurewraith

Explorer
Naeris recoils from the bright light,"Stand ready im going to assume what ever is in here with us will not take kindly to the light or the bearded ones language. We must defend the child so she can free the rest of us" Naeris barked over the sound of dwarven curses and metal scraping upon the flag stones.

Naeris suddenly breaks out in a cold sweat as his left hand begins to shake there's only one time Naeris has felt this helpless before and it all comes flowing back.

Uller

Adventurer
Siljar holds aloft his orb, whispers an eldritch command and it begins to glow with an internal bluish white flame.

He then moves more behind the column so the light can be shed both toward the coffin thing and so anyone working on picking locks can see.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Remove ads