D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Forged Fury

First Post
"I mean to get out of there. The room with the plant creature has a one-way door, remember? Or we could try to figure out the teleportation circle..." Whisper started to make her way toward the smashed mirror, examining the door along the east-west corridor before moving onward.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: The four faces door?

You make your way past the door of four faces, it seems unchanged. Four different knockers in different colors with different animals still in place.

The mirror is still smashed. It still leads towards the plant room.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Assuming you go clockwise...

[sblock=Koregar]The next mirror you look at you cannot see through like the first one. What you do see is your own haggard unwashed self. You see your failures in your eyes, your mistakes. Every one of them weighting you down, drowning. You want to look closer, to remember what it was like then.

OOC: You find that you've walked 10 feet towards the mirror. At that point you break the compulsion effect on a save and can see that this is no mirror, it's a combination of an illusion and an enchantment... there's no telling what is "behind" the mirror, but that it wants to pull you in perhaps does not bode well?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Whisper]Koregar seems to be locking his eyes with the mirror in the eastern hallway and slowly inching forward.[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
"You see something, Koregar?" Whisper rasped. When he didn't respond, she repeated her question a little louder. She was used to people not hearing her due to her injury.

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar looks away from the Mirror. "It's some kind of enchantment," he says, spitting the word. "Not sure what's behind it, but it was trying to get me to come to it. Why don't you check the other mirror. If you start acting funny, I'll keep you from walking in to it."

Forged Fury

First Post
Whisper shrugged. "If you sure you're OK..." she waited to see if the dwarf was able to back out of the hallway. Once he did, she rasped, "Meet me on the other side of the last mirror." Walking around the circular hallway, the halfling looked for a rock or pebble that she could use to throw at the mirror to test it out. She also took off her rope and proceeded to tie it around her waist. Once she reached the southern passageway leading to the final mirror, she tossed one end of the rope across the intersection to Koregar. "Make sure there isn't any slack, just in case." Once secured, she first tosses the rock she found at the mirror, to see if it is solid. If nothing happens as a result, she turned into the passageway to check out the last mirror.

OOC: It's probably going to shoot lightning at me.

Forged Fury

First Post
Whisper carefully inspected the mirror diligently. She then reported back, "I think it's just a mirror."

OOC: Not sure if needed and not sure if Perception or Investigation, just going to use a D20:
[roll0]

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar seems to remember they had, at one point, been chased by a thing with big hands. He looks around to make sure it's not sneaking up on them. Or anything else for that matter.

OOC: [roll0]

Remove ads