D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: OK... Intelligence (Arcana) - [roll0]

Well then...

If it proves that the circle was one way, I say we check out the fallen tower for now. Should provide some cover at least.

Creamsteak

Explorer
[sblock=Whisper]The gateway definitely appears to have once been used in multiple directions, but it has been shut off. Something holds this place in check at the moment.[/sblock]

As the unlikely pair walks across the desolate landscape a spicy almost cinnamon scent seems to hang in the air. It seems it will take quite some distance to reach the tower. Along the way you must cross through a large plain of low ground.

[sblock=Whisper]You sense something off in the hills and with the smell. Six large cats are on your trail. They've even maneuvered to cut you off. You get to act first in the surprise round.

purple.png[/sblock]

[sblock=Koregar]Six large strange cats appear around you. Koregar was surprised during the first round, so I'm waiting for Whisper's action.

purple.png[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
Whisper wasn't about to wait to see if the cats had hostile intentions. She certainly did.

OOC: I assume I just spotted them and didn't get to get the drop on them, right?

Attack - [roll0], Damage [roll1] (if SA somehow applies [roll2]
Move: None
Bonus Action: Dodge

Creamsteak

Explorer
Whisper shoots an arrow into one of the approaching animals. It wounds the creature who seems to have little reaction.

A voice can be telepathically heard to both of you, "I will dine well tonight. I will defile the flesh of the living and then drink your souls. Feel great pride in yourselves, you will sustain me."

The pack pounces.

Two miss Koregar, but one critically strikes the dwarf for 12 points of damage.

One strikes Whisper successfully for 7 points of damage.

Parties turn.

Attachments

• purple.png
    purple.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 507

Forged Fury

First Post
"I think this is it," Whisper rasped. Deftly, she slipped away from the creatures facing her and joined Koregar. Dropping her bow, she drew her shortsword and set to work.

OOC: In case it changed anything, I was dodging last round. I like how the bastards lined up specifically to deny my SA damage. Smart cats!
Bonus Action: Disengage
Move: AB68
Action: Attack cat at AC67 - [roll0], Damage - [roll1] + SA [roll2]

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar looks at the same creature Whisper attacked, and whispered a Vow of Emnity against it (advantage on attack rolls against it for one minute). Then he set to work with his trusty Axe!

OOC: Attack Roll [roll0] or [roll1]. Damage: [roll2]

Creamsteak

Explorer
[sblock]Dodge helped, as the second two cats to pounce had advantage from pack tactics.[/sblock]

Whisper lands a cut on one of the felines. Koregar, however, does not.

One more cat lands a cut on Whisper for 8 more damage.

One lands a blow against Koregar for 4 points of damage.

Attachments

• purple.png
    purple.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,415

Remove ads