• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"You must return the ring to me," said Artus Cimber, supporting himself on Dellrak's sturdy arm, "I have kept it under control for a hundred years - and out of the hands of those who would abuse its power."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb held back at the woman's words, she wasn't too far away for him to catch. But only if she didn't flee farther into the jungle. Indeed, he could catch her eventually even then. But not without potentially putting them both in greater danger.

"Remove the ring. If you make any other move I may be forced to subdue you."

The monk held off, but just barely. He was ready at any moment to dash in and strike.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Wait!" she repeats, staring at Harb specifically.

"Stand down and step back, Harb. You are the one who has attacked me. I have said I am in control now, and I am. Stop your threats, step back, and we can talk."

She waits for Harb to step back, so that he is beyond immediate striking distance (45'). If he does not (or if there's an apparent attack from someone else), then [readied action] she will leap into the woods as before.

If he does, then:

"Rodrigo, I am fine. I appreciate your concern, but I would like to learn more before I do anything."

She turns to Artus.

"Mr. Cimber. You have been keeping secrets."

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"I have done no such thing. Your actions are that which are suspect here. Every one of us harbors "secrets" here, there has been no expectation of anything less. I will not give you the opportunity to finish your attack. Lay down your bow and the ring. Or I will subdue you."

Harb stood his ground, ready to strike should she attempt to flee or make any hostile action.

Fradak

Explorer
"What is this curse?" asked Chrysagon to Artus with an inquisitive look.

Imogen was clearly fighting the ring and Chrysagon was tempted to believe she made it. The woman always showed a strong will. But what if the ring was tricking us? Why take that risk? He wanted to give her a chance. But what the Paladin feared the most was Dragonbait's reaction, once he's done with the bear...

Chrysagon called for his God once more and protected Cimber with a Sanctuary. Then he stepped in front of Cimber to shield him. Then he tried to wake her up.
"IMOGEN! You strike him, you kill me. Call back the bear and let's talk!"
Then he whispered to Dellrak, "Vær klar til å ta henne ned før øggen dræper henne"*.

"Artus, you know the ring better that anyone. Can we force her to reason or are we wasting our time?" said Chrysagon, talking over his shoulder.

OOC: Action: Sanctuary on Cimber (Wis save 13 to bypass)
Movement: in front of Cimber

*Be ready to take her down before the lizard kills her.

Maybe, a strong dilemma (like killing one of her companions) could give her a new chance to regain control over the ring.

[sblock=StatBlock]HP: 4/28 HD: 3/3d10

AC: 18 (Resist Nec & Rad)
PP: 10
=============
Divine Sense: 4/4
Lay on Hands: 14/15 hp
Healing Hands: 3/3 hp
Channel Divinity: 0/1
Spell slots:
1st: 1/3
Concentration:
=============
Equipment:
Javelins: 5/5
Health Potions: 0/0
Coins: 29 gp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
(Third try).

"Chrysagon, talk to *me*. The bear is doing nothing. I am not commanding it; to do so would be to use the ring. I am my own self, an dI'm in control. Please call Harb back now and we can talk." Her voice is calm and precise.

She turns to Harb. "Stop this, please."

OOC: If Harb does not back away immediately, Miss Imogen flees into the forest, and up into the trees (readied action).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dragonbait & Rodrigo vs Ice Bear

While others spoke, Dragonbait was going toe-to-toe with the rather large bear made of Ice. The ice-beast chomped down hard on the Saurial's shoulder and scratched at his back with its claws. At the same time, the strange knight hacked chunks of ice off of the summoned creature with his sword grasped in both of his green, scaly hands.

Rodrigo stepped in and skewered the ice-beast, knocking out a chunk, but it kept on mauling.

Artus Cimber thanked Chrysagon for his aid, though he was still too weak to help his friend. He nodded that he would try and he called to Miss Imogen "I have been an honest friend to you. I have had a century to learn to control the ring, you must return it to me. As I suspect you know, many factions covet the ring, to the peril of the world. You should not have taken it from my finger!"

GM:
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Ice Bear 11, 12 & 7
(PCs) None
(NPCs) Dragonbait 14 & 14
[sblock=rolls]
Ice Bear vs Dragonbait
Attack: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
1D10+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10
1D10+5 = [9]+5 = 14

Poor Dragonbait. Crit.
Crit: 1D10 = [3] = 3

Dragonbait sword vs Ice Bear
Attack: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
1D10+5 = [7]+5 = 12
1D20+8 = [11]+8 = 19
1D10+5 = [2]+5 = 7

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend

End Round Two; Begin Round Three

GM:
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Chrysagon (AH26) AC18* HP 4/28 (Resist Nec/Rad)
Dellrak (AI28) AC15 HP 28/28 & ProEvil
Imogen (AG11) AC14 HP 12/25
Nameless (Harb) (AB18) AC15 HP 21/21 & 5/5 TPH
Rodrigo (AH23) AC17* HP 28/28
[/sblock]
[sblock=NPCs]
Artus Cimber (AH27) AC14 HP 1/82
Dragonbait (AG24) AC17*(15) HP 54/120
Qawasha (AM24) AC11(16) HP 3/27
Kupalue (Weed) (AM23) AC13 HP 9/9
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]