D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"You asked to see me?"[/B] said Commander Breakbone more amiably than his previous tone.

"I did," says Miss Imogen, nodding with a tight bow.

"Within this package are some dispatches for you, and letters for your men. They were given me by Undril Silvertusk, to be delivered to your hands."

She holds out her hand, containing the watertight package. "She did not come herself, choosing to remain with Ser Alastar. May you find their contents salutary."

She waits to be dismissed, and then leaves.

OOC: Whew! That was almost 8 months ago. Minor quest finished. :D

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Thank you. I am glad to see that your group has decided to serve." said Commander Breakbone to Miss Imogen. Before dismissing her he offered her a small bag of sixty gold to share with the sticks, "As compensation for your canoe. Should it return, I will give it back to you, and yet you may keep the coin."

Captain Perne added Chrysagon's letters to a stack that would accompany the sick downriver.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen does not know if taking the money is accepting a contract on behalf of the Sticks or not. Nevertheless, she has replenished her quiver, and she knows she is going.

"I'll confirm with the others, and return the coins immediately if they choose not to sell," she says, taking the purse and leaving. She wants out of the room. She knows she might anger the man again with this, just as he must know that he is putting her in the middle of something that was not fully decided.

As if she had any authority.

She heads straight to Chrysagon, and hands the unopened purse to him. "Breakbone says there's 60 gold here, for the the canoe, whether or not it comes back," she says. "I trust I haven't mis-stepped."

"I'm ready to leave at any time. I suspect we can give them, the camp I mean, some water form the jug for today, with your permission. It seems to replenish itself every day, and it's providing enough for us comfortably, at least."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo answered - "I think that it will have to do.... And I think we should take, once we return, a slightly smaller fee as a gesture of good will. We aren't in this to get rich... but we do need coins too so... anyway, I'm ready to go. "

He turned around and added "I'm glad you are feeling better Master Dellrak. This place... it can get to you."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Chult/Camp Vengeance
Afternoon
Round 0

Dellrak grunted. “‘Tis a bluidy jungle. Only crazy folk wuild live ‘ere.” He looked meaningfully at the residents of Camp Vengeance, but then distracted himself by sharpening the dwarven greataxe he had found in the armory with the crossbow. There was a bit of rust, as the blasted humidity in this place took its toll, and the humans didn’t know how to really properly care for a fine weapon like this like a dwarf would. Of course, there was much less wear than had it been of human make, the dwarf thought proudly.

[sblock=Dellrak Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 HD: 3/d10+2

Bolts: 20
Bolts used:
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet
Nameless - male human monk
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb spent some time working on his katas. The new weight seemed to be throwing him off slightly and he stopped twice to readjust straps before he seemed happy.

Once finished with that, he turned to his companions. "I am ready to depart."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen approaches the Scoutmaster. "Mister Rygor? I am Miss Imogen."

She looks at the supplies that have been gathered, including the water she had just poured out for the sick, in the same jugs now assigned for the Scoutmaster's use. She smiles, and offers to carry some of his supples. The Sticks are travelling light, and she wants the whole expedition to move quickly.

As she lifts the first of the assorted skins, she suddenly notices the condensation forming on the outside. She wipes her hand through it, pulling it away -- more fresh water moistening her hand, which she then pulls through her hair.

"The jungle is not kind, but we have encountered many of its dangers now. We all want to come back."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When at last the Sticks were ready to leave Camp Vengeance on their mission to map the area from the view upon the cliffs of Mbala, Scoutmaster Wulf Rygor introduced them to their other travelling companions: The cartographer Tarri and her husband, Kasqa. Tarri was a woman of mixed human heritage - her father had been an Amnish merchant and her mother a Chultan native. Her husband was a warrior from a Chultan tribe that lived far to the south, near the Sanrach mountains.

An hour after the group set off on foot following the River Soshenstar it stopped raining. It had rained very nearly non-stop since the Sticks had first arrived in Chult. There had been brief moments here-and-there where the rain had been a nearly imperceptible mist, or where it was not falling directly on their heads but could be seen "over there", but this was the first real respite.

"This is an ill omen for our mission," said Kasqa enigmatically.

Not long after, the travellers were beset by a non-stop plague of biting insects. These swarms were so determined that they were unfazed by the herbal repellent that the Sticks had been wearing since leaving Port Nyanzaru.

OOC: Everyone is going to have to make a dc11 Constitution Saving Throw. For now, failure will just mean that you have a bad congregation of itchy bite-marks... but it may get worse from there.

Last edited:

Remove ads