D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen stands by the open door, at the far end of the corridor, bow ready, as Chrysagon appears with the log, answering Rodrigo's question for her. When the door does open (with the spike firmly in place at the door beside her, she will run down the corridor to help with the anticipated battle.

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Harb sneaked down the newly-revealed passageway which split into three directions. The obvious way was straight forward - a bamboo ramp led down into a dirt pit. Across the pit, Harb could see a male halfling, half-crazed with zealotry, yelling "By Azuth, my sacrifice will unlock your secrets! Come my creatures and feed on these innocents!"

The halfling stood on top of a wooden crate against a high ledge on the opposite side of the pit. In front of the crate were three bound prisoners, poorly treated and terrified. The halfling waved his hand and cages opened, releasing the zombies that were within.

Begin Round One

OOC: The dark parts are solid walls, so currently no-one can see the zombies on the left. There are two bamboo ramps leading down, both of which look old and rickety. It's true that the party can't tell that the passageway goes around to the ledge on the far side of the pit, but it's easier to just show the map than to be cagey about it. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

GM:
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Chrysagon (N4) AC18* HP 17/20 (Resist Nec & Rad)
Dellrak (M5) AC15 HP 16/20
Imogen (K3) AC14 HP 18/18
Nameless/Harb (N7) AC15 HP 15/15
Rodrigo (L4) AC17* HP 18/20
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
Viplo (J17)
Zoombie1 (G13)
Zoombie2 (G14)
Zoombie3 (M13)
Zoombie4 (M14)
[/sblock]

FeedPit1.png

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"We definitely need to resort to battering rams more often. Well done".

As they penetrated the ... temple? ... Rodrigo heard the crisp, crazed voice of the cultist, and the moans of the zombies.

"Miss Imogen, if you could please put down this dangerous fool... The rest, to me!"

As he stepped forward, Rodrigo saw immediately a number of problems. Those ramps didn't look safe to linger on. But haste was needed... but too much haste would over extend him.

"Well there are fewer than last time..."

Rodrigo drew his blade and charged forward

OOC: Action surge to get a dash, move to M14, which doesn't provoke AOO

He swung his blade around trusting to and fro furiously ... but the goal was not offence. It was defensive, building a wall of steel around himself.

OOC: Take dodge - I'll distract them for now while you catch up!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As Rodrigo rushed down the bamboo ramp, it made an ominous cracking noise. It didn't fully collapse, but Rodrigo's foot went through a section, and he stumbled...

OOC: Make a dc14 Dex save, or take [roll0] damage and fall prone. If you fall, you can forego your dodge to get up (and finish your move).

Fradak

Explorer
"At last we face this necromancer.
At last we will destroy those aberrations.
Lord, give me the strength!"

Chrysagon rushes to the bamboo ramp and jumps over it.
Landing in the dirt, he rises and facing the first zombie, ignites his flail. "Come on, sunshine!"

OOC: Movement: L11
Action: Dash
If I remember well the jumping rule: Strength score = distance in feet. So I think it's ok for the bamboo ramp (STR 16) but Chrysagon lacks 5 feet to get a dodge action in the pit. (but he can cross his fingers)

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb looked into the room and considered it for a moment, judging distances. The hall nearest to him seemed to head in the same direction he needed to go and he was curious, so he took a side-step and looked down that as well. It seemed to end at about the same place so he decided to take a risk. "I will attempt to catch him by the flank." And with that Harb dashed down the peculiar hallway coming to a momentary stop at the edge of the wall to peer into the room from his new vantage.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
Dellrak took in the ritual and grimaced in disgust. He spit as a sign of what he thought of the halfling wizard and his zombies, and then he did something really stupid.

Running straight for the bambo ramp he heft the handaxe in his throwing hand. Before he reached the old contraption though he leapt down into the pit where the zombies were just starting to emerge.

"Ro'do dar drak!"

Once he had his feet under him he took and targeted the zombie right in front of him, and let his handaxe fly.

OOC:
Move: Run 10' to M7, then jump 15' to M10
Athletics: [roll0]
Action: Attack - Zombie3
[roll1]
[roll2]
Bonus Action: none

[sblock=Combat][/COLOR]
AC: 15 (scale, dex)
HP: 10/20 HD: 1/2 (1d8+2)
Speed: 25'
Saves: STR +5, DEX +3, CON +2, INT +0, WIS +2, CHA -1
Features: spellcasting
Special Defenses: advantage save vs poison, resistance to poison damage

Combat:
battleaxe +5, 1d8+3, versitle (1d10)
(2)handaxe(melee) +5, 1d6+1, light
(2)handaxe(thrown) +3, 1d6+1, light, thrown, (range 20/60)
longbow +5, 1d8+1, ammunition (range 150/600), heavy, two-handed

Spell Slots: 1st: 1/2
Spells known: jump, goodberry

Usables:
arrows 18/20
pitons 9/10
torches 10/10
rations 10/10
goodberries 6/10
[/sblock]

Fradak

Explorer
"Did you get this hidden bastard?" said Chrysagon, winking at Rodrigo.

Standing shoulder to shoulder with his comrades he adds, "I don't know what await us here, but I have to say that it has been an honor to fight by your sides, gentlemen."

Last edited:

Remove ads