D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: Apologies. I may have erred. Miss Imogen attacked the spellcaster (N18) despite Fradak's instruction.
Ooc: it's a very understandable mistake, and also a very realistic one for the character to make in the heat of combat. Rodrigo was much more likely to hear/see than Miss Imogen who had just been blasted by a spell and was further away.

The mistakes we make help forge the characters :)

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Harb brought his quarterstaff down hard on the crazed halfling's head. It made a loud cracking sound and the halfling's eyes rolled back and it collapsed to the ground. Wasting no time, Harb leaped over the falling body and rolled off of the ledge. Landing gracefully on the dirt floor, he interposed himself between the zombie and the remaining prisoners. The zombie lunged at him, scratching and biting - for his heroic efforts, Harb received some badly stinging scratches.

Chrysagon and Rodrigo shoved two of the zombies back into their cage, and Dellrak rushed in and slammed the door shut. He wasn't sure if it would hold and made a joke about it as the zombies tried in vain to scratch at him, their arms reaching through the bamboo 'bars'.

Another zombie tried to grab Chrysagon from behind, and Miss Imogen (having seen her preferred target, the halfling fall to Harb's blow) shot it - it spun around, momentarily thrown off its target. Chrysagon had time to spin around and drive it away from him with his shield.

End Round Two; Begin Round Three

GM: I DID roll to see if the zombies could stop you from shoving them, but I didn't bother posting their abysmal failures.
[sblock=rolls]
Caged Zombies vs Dellrak
Attack: 2D20.LOW(1)+3 = [4, 4]+3 = 7
1D6+1 = [3]+1 = 4
2D20.LOW(1)+3 = [4, 5]+3 = 7
1D6+1 = [6]+1 = 7

Z1 vs Chrysagon; Z2 vs Harb
Attack: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8
1D6+1 = [6]+1 = 7
1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
1D6+1 = [6]+1 = 7

[/sblock]
Damage Taken: (PCs) Harb 7; (BGs) Viplo 9 (Dead), Z1 15

GM:
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Chrysagon (L12) AC18* HP 20/20 (Resist Nec/Rad)
Dellrak (M13) AC15 HP 10/20
Imogen (K7) AC14 HP 9/18
Nameless/Harb (P17) AC15 HP 8/15
Rodrigo (L14) AC17* HP 18/20
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
Viplo (N18) HP less 28 (Dead)
Zoombie1 (K13) HP less 15
Zoombie2 (I15)
Zoombie3 (N13) HP less 4
Zoombie4 (N14)
[/sblock]

FeedPit3.png

EarlyBird

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Investigation to see how the cage door is secured.
[roll0]
If Dellrak sees no other way to hold them shut he will slip his axe haft through them to keep them from opening.
Then move to L12 if he doesn't have to hold the doors shut.
If he has to hold the doors he will take the Dodge action.[/sblock]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Well done! Just hold them there while I help Harb"

Move besides Harb (OOC: I know this may trigger AOO from the two zombies in the cage but I am hoping that the cage will foul their swing. As far as I can tell this will not trigger an AOO from the third zombie as I will still be in its threatened zone)

Attack: attack on zombie attacking Harb: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21

hit on zombie hitting Harb: 1D8+5 = [2]+5 = 7

Rodrigo spun around and lunged high at the zombie, stabbing it directly in the neck. He didn't like fighting these foes -not only where they horrifying, there was not... grace to these battles. He just had stabbed *exactly* in the jugular, but it didn't matter, zombies didn't bleed...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dellrak, Rodrigo & Chrysagon

Dellrak wedged his axe into the bamboo bars to hold the cage shut as the creatures inside reached their arms through scratching at him. They tore at his arms and they scratched Rodrigo's back as he turned to help Harb. Rodrigo lunged across the dirt floor and skewered the zombie that had eaten a prisoner. As he withdrew his blade, though, the creature kept on coming.

At the same moment, Chrysagon crushed the other zombie's head in with the weight of his flail.

GM: [sblock=rolls]
Z3 & Z4 vs Dellrak
_: 2D20.LOW(1)+3 = [20, 19]+3 = 22
1D6+1 = [4]+1 = 5
2D20.LOW(1)+3 = [2, 15]+3 = 5
1D6+1 = [1]+1 = 2

Z3 & Z4 vs Rodrigo (Opp)
_: 2D20.LOW(1)+3 = [17, 20]+3 = 20
1D6+1 = [2]+1 = 3
2D20.LOW(1)+3 = [5, 5]+3 = 8
1D6+1 = [5]+1 = 6

[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Dellrak, Rodrigo, & Chrysagon; (BGs) Zombie3 & Zombie4
Damage Taken: (PCs) Dellrak 5, Rodrigo 3; (BGs) Zombie1 11 (Destroyed), Zombie2 7

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen, having dropped one zombie, turns and fires on the remaining uncaged creature.

The arrow flies from her bowstring, humming through the air.

OOC: Attack with bow (NOT using sharpshooter). Ignore cover. Attack: [roll0], damage = [roll1].

Level 2: AC 14, Init +3, HP 9 (18-9).

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb focusses his attention on the zombie, using his quarterstaff to crack it across the head while defending himself from further wounds.

OOC: Attack:[roll0][roll1]
Using Ki point to dodge

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Miss Imogen & Harb

Miss Imogen shot the last of the uncaged zombies and ducked behind the wall while Harb spun his staff into the side of the zombie's head and leaped back into a defensive stance. The creature stumbled, moaned, and fell onto the ground.

The two surviving prisoners appeared relieved to be spared a terrible fate.

GM: Fight over.
Gone: (PCs) Imogen, Harb; (BGs) Done
Damage Taken: (PCs) None; (BGs) Zombie2 11 & 4 (Destroyed)

Remove ads