IC: [Gestalt] The Standing Stone - Game 1

Kafkonia

First Post
Uriel smiles at Yanhal. "Last night I prayed to Yondalla for assistance in our quest," he says, "and she has granted me some measure of power to help us. Including the ability not only to create water, but also to cleane any food or drink of... questionable quality."

OOC: Ready to go.

Cleric Spells Prepared
0 Level: Purify Food and Drink; Purify Food and Drink; Create Water; Create Water; Virtue
1st Level: Sanctuary; Bless Water; Hide From Undead; Detect Undead; Bless*
2nd Level: Deific Vengeance; Consecrate; Divine Insight; Lesser Restoration; Aid*
3rd Level: Dispel Magic; Briar Web; Lesser Vigor, Mass; Prayer*

Favoured Soul Spells Known
0 Level: Read Magic; Detect Magic; Resistance; Guidance; Inflict Light Wounds; Detect Poison; Light
1st Level: Magic Weapon; Cause Fear; Bane; Doom; Command
2nd Level: Spiritual Weapon; Blade of Pain and Fear; Curse of Ill Fortune; Align Weapon
3rd Level: Chain of Eyes; Ring of Blades; Searing Light

Rayex

First Post
The forest

Ready to go, you head north and enters the forest in less than two hours.

Will this forest never end? Already you've been traveling for days, but still the endless lines of trees hem in the road on either side. Overhead they meet in a leafy canopy that blocks out most of the sunlight, letting only the occasional sunbeam through into the dim half-light of the road below. Other than the ruttet dirt road, you've seen no traces of civilization since you entered the forest, and for the past few hours not even a birdcall or rustling in the undergrowth of some scampering woods-creature has broken the monotony. That's why the scream from somewhere up ahead sounds particularly loud in the silence of the forest.

Shortly thereafter you hear yet another scream from the road ahead. The second scream is clearly from another person than the first one. Kolan and Sylas can also hear the sound of hoofbeats coming from the same direction.

Just seconds later a man becomes visible about 120 feet up the road, turning a corner and running for his life towards you. He sees you, and start yells at you "He's after me! Save me!"

[sblock]
Listen checks for 2nd scream and hoofbeats: Jaqual 13, Uriel 14, Donnor 4, Yanahl 16

Initiative:
Yanahl 21
Screaming man 12
Donnor 6
Jaqual 4
Uriel 3

Kafkonia, I need some more details on your character sheet. Initiative, AC, attacks etc. Please update the post linked in the first post of this thread.
[/sblock]

nonamazing

Explorer
Yanhal comes to a sudden halt. "Well, this doesn't look like the friendly greeting I was expecting," he says. He slowly begins to reach for the rapier at his belt.

OOC:
Yanhal will hold all his actions (other than to take a free faction for speech). He's not sure if the screaming man is hostile or not, so he'll wait to see what happens.

Kafkonia

First Post
"Good heavens!" Uriel exclaims. "Isn't this supposed to be the empty forest?"

He steps off of his dog and readies his flail.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Donnor sees the man running toward them. He instinctively scan the powers he has access and ready an acid arrow that he will shoot at the first hostile creature toward the group.

"It isn't empty, we are here." replies Donnor.

IcyCool

First Post
Jaqual, seeing that his companions are ready, draws his falchion as he steps to the front. His mind sifts through the battle chants that he knows, and he prepares to start one should a foe reveal itself.

OOC:
Move to 10ft. ahead of our group, drawing on the move. Then ready an action to start using Inspire Courage (bardic music).

Rayex

First Post
On the road - round 1

Yanhal comes to a sudden halt. "Well, this doesn't look like the friendly greeting I was expecting," he says. He slowly begins to reach for the rapier at his belt.

The man runs towards you, screaming for help. He almost stumbles a few times, but just manages to keep the footing.

"Good heavens!" Uriel exclaims. "Isn't this supposed to be the empty forest?"
He steps off of his dog and readies his flail.

Donnor sees the man running toward them. He instinctively scan the powers he has access and ready an acid arrow that he will shoot at the first hostile creature toward the group.
"It isn't empty, we are here." replies Donnor.

Jaqual, seeing that his companions are ready, draws his falchion as he steps to the front. His mind sifts through the battle chants that he knows, and he prepares to start one should a foe reveal itself.

You suddenly all hear the sound of hoofbeats, just as a mounted warrior turns the corner where the man came from. He rides a big black stallion and they're both hazy and unclear, alomst translucent. The man throws a glance over his shoulder before running even harder towards you.

At the sight of the horseman, Jaqual starts chanting a battlechant to enhance the party. At the same moment Donnor sends forth a sickly green arrow from the nether. It hurls through the air. For a second you are sure it strikes true, however the spell went right through the horseman, disapearing in the forest behind it.

[sblock]
Donnor: Rolled a 18 to hit, a hit. Rolled a 23 to hit incorporeal target, a miss.

Initiative:
Yanahl 21
Screaming man 12 - Is about 70 feet away from the party, running hard.
Horseman 11 - Is about 120 feet from the party, riding towards you.
Donnor 6 - Spent one 2nd level spell slot.
Jaqual 4 - 10 ft. in front of the others, using Inspire Courage.
Uriel 3

Inspire Courage: +1 morale against charm and fear. +1 morale on attack and damage.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"A ghost..." Donnor knows that much of his magic have good chance to miss, so he decide to cast the one he is sure about. Whispering a few words, three bolt of pure energy leaves his hand and strike directly at the rider.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Magic missile damage: 13
Slot spend:
0/0/0
0/1/1/0[/SBLOCK]

nonamazing

Explorer
Vanhal's hand falls away from his swordbelt as the ghostly rider comes around the bend. Rapier's not going to do much good here...

"Get to the side of the road!" Yanhal yells at the stranger. "We'll try and draw its attention!" Yanhal thrusts his ars out, channeling magical energy at the approaching undead. Soft blue bolts of energy dissolve with cracks of light as they strike the horseman, although they seem to have almost no effect, especially compared to Donnor's similar spell.

Damn...Donnor's outdone me again... I've got to pull it together--this thing looks dangerous.

OOC:
Yanhal will move 30 feet forward and cast magic missile for a total of 4 damage.

Remove ads