D&D 5E [IC] hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen

hafrogman

Adventurer
As Morgan's javelin manages to pierce the Dragon's hide, the beast spins toward his harasser, wings spread wide, and Carad's arrow finds its target, just where the wing met torso, sinking deep. A primal scream of rage echoes over the city as the Dragon experiences pain for the first time in many years. Malevolence radiating from the skies, the beast wheels away from the keep and breaks off his attack. He angles his neck back as he flies, and a last blast of lightning knocks more chunks from the keep, but harms no-one.

OOC: Sneak would have doubled, had it applied yes. The '+3' does not apply, for future reference.

Congratulations, you have driven off a dragon.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
As the unnatural fear leaves her body, Jeni recomposes herself. She goes over to Morgan and Carad and asks "Why would a dragon attack this town?"

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: In case I'm misunderstanding, I believe sneak attack damage would have applied due to Carad having advantage on the attack, if Morgan's distracting attack applied to his attack. I doubt we were anywhere close to killing it, but I wanted to mention it.

Morgan recovered from her fear and walked over to Carad. Clapping the elf on the shoulder, she said, "Great shot!" She stared off towards the small shape of the departing dragon. "I really wasn't looking forward to seeing another one of those creatures again, particularly not so soon." As Jeni asked her question, the woman replied, "It must be working with the invaders, like the dragon who attacked us was working with Rezmir."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Around you, the defenders quietly set about recovering their wounded and trying to pull some semblance of order from the wreckage. From the door behind you, the Governor appears in the frame, sword in hand. He is closely followed by a couple of guards who seem to be trying to prevent him from running out.

"Where did it go?"

OOC: Good catch, forgot about that.

Forged Fury

First Post
"Off to lick its wounds... hopefully for a good, long while." Morgan replied. Nodding to Carad, she finished, "Our sharpshooter managed to hit it in a weak spot. Let's all head back inside, hopefully the excitement is over for now. Then again... you may want to have the guards do a quick security check. It flew off so quickly, it may have been a distraction."

kuey1975

First Post
Carad stared at the fading silhouette of the dragon, glad that it had fled but fearing the damage that it would continue to wreak on innocents. He had flashbacks on the dragon attack on Black Tide, while he unconsciously laid his hand on the scroll case containing the prophetic picture drawn by his mentor.

He was shaken out from his reverie by Morgan's clap on his shoulder, and he humbly replied, "it was your strike that created the opening."

As his commander turned to converse with the governor, he turned back to survey the surroundings, and thought, "Distraction from what?"

OOC: sorry for the slow response. Some things happening at home right now.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Hunter snaps out of the dragon fear which had unmanned him and congratulates his companions on driving off the dragon.

"Sorry commander," he appologises sheepishly.

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Governor nods at Morgan's suggestion and delegates his two companions to do a circuit of the walls and take stock of the situation.

"It seems once more we are in your debt."

He bows slightly to Carad.

"That must have been quite the shot. I am impressed."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Jeni slaps Carad on the shoulder as sign of approval. "Now, I want to see if the enemy forces are retreating" she says, as she runs up the stairs and looks around the keep to assess the situation

Remove ads