[IC] Halfling Quest - Rooting Around

Happy to once again be in an area that has at least a little light, Kiylea breathes a quiet sigh of relief. The darkness in the tunnel was so complete that she likened it to the nighttime sky without moon or stars. She had no idea what was going on down here in the depths but it was making her nervous all the same. "I think this is far enough without at least reporting back to the others," Kiylea whispers to Eddie, not really relishing the idea of traversing the darkened tunnel again. "Let's go back and let them know about this place before we do anything else."

Ferrix

Explorer
Eddie nods his agreement eagerly, he didn't seem too happy with this discovery since the last time they smelled that the sulphuric acrid air it was coming from the boar which gored Kiylea.

Feeling your way back through the darkness you emerge to see Alton waiting anxiously along with the others near the mouth of the tunnel, the eerie purple luminescence casting odd shadows.

Back with the others, Kiylea breathes a quiet sigh of relief. "There's a big cavern at the end of that tunnel," she whispers to her companions, "created of worked stone, with stone support structures. Two pretty big forges are in there, for making weapons and armor. Both seem to be in current use, or at least have been used recently. On the far side of the cavern there's another opening. Eddie and I heard voices coming from there. Couldn't make out what they were saying though."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
<Well, they didn't die. That's a good sign, right?> Ringly nods, showing a sign of slight relief. <Hopefully these more "intelligent" creatures will be able to give us some information. Surely they won't be too bright, but that doesn't make them useless. Either way, it'd be nice to see something less scary than ... well, this.>

When the others forge on, Ringly closely follows. The worst thing to would be to be left alone in here.

"Yes, lets continue on. Eddie and I only returned because we didn't want to get too much farther away from all of you," Kiylea says quietly. "As for negotiations, that's up to the rest of you. Negotiation is not my area."

That said, Kiylea starts slowly down into the darkened tunnel again.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Jerran nods.

"Yes, lets push forward. We can see what kind of reaction we get from the locals. Who knows if we'll even be able to understand each other, but we shouldn't throw away a chance to communicate."

Ferrix

Explorer
The six of you feel your way slowly through the darkness, keeping to the wall on your right. For a couple of minutes it is heavy breathing, the occasional stumble and clank of armor or gear until you emerge out into a second cavern.

The cave is worked and supported by crude stone and beam buttressing. Two open-air forges sit on the either flank of the cave, the left surrounded by a series of crude but still dangerous weapons and the right for armor, another section appears to be used for tanning leather. The dull light radiates out from the glowing coals of the two forges amid a few burnt down torches. The smell of grime mixed with the acrid sulphuric air forces you to shield your nose and eyes.

The last time you held that smell in your nose was when you encountered the boar, something you don't particularly care to remember.

From the far end of the cave the murmer of what must be chanting in some unknown tongue grows louder and louder, creating an eerie ambiance to accompany the dull reddish glow and the acrid smell.

Boddynock

First Post
"I remember that smell," Alton says grimly.

He takes a tighter grip on his weapon, then moves slowly towards the chanting. As he does so, he scans the area for any signs of evil.

Ferrix

Explorer
Boddynock said:
"I remember that smell," Alton says grimly.

He takes a tighter grip on his weapon, then moves slowly towards the chanting. As he does so, he scans the area for any signs of evil.

Nothing in the immediate area bears the taint of evil.

Remove ads