[IC] Halfling Quest - Rooting Around

Kiylea grips her bow tighter, an arrow nocked and ready. A chill runs down her spine as she listens to the chanting. She begins creeping slowly forward with the others towards the sounds of the chanting.

Ferrix

Explorer
The party creeps forward through the eeriely vacant cave, the unattended forges and low burning torches cause your shadows to creep and twist alongside you. Up ahead the chanting is still muffled, but grows louder. Another fifty feet and the cave sweeps down to an end except for a tall crevice like opening that hooks off the right from where the sound is coming.

Poking your head around the corner, the crevice extends in a sweeping curve back away from the last cave. Whatever is causing the sound is echoing off of the walls making it hard to truly discern its location at this point.

hafrogman

Adventurer
OOC: nobody here but us chickens

Jerran sneaks forwards with Alton and Kiylea. He sharpens his ears to the chanting to try and pick out the sound from the echoes, to see if he can decipher any meaning.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
OOC: Nobody here but us potatoes

<You don't have to tell me to be quiet... I don't want to alert anything of my presence before I have to...> Ringly moves slowly with the group, trying not to mess anything up. He was worried he'd have to use his arcane ability. That meant trouble.

Ferrix

Explorer
The chanting grows in intensity as they move down the curving crevice. It is in a strange and guttural tongue, one that none of you recognize. Kiylea and Alton in the lead, they round a bend and the natural crevice ends in a chimney disappearing upwards into darkness. Two worked tunnels, one leading along the slow curving path they've been treading and the other jutting off to the right, have been cut into the stone and the chanting echoes out of both of them.

Boddynock

First Post
Alton looks at Kiylea, points to the two tunnels, and raises his hands, palms up, in a question. Unless she responds, he shrugs, points straight ahead and moves forward, following the original tunnel.

Kiylea shrugs and nods in agreement, following Alton forward along the original tunnel. She grips her bow tighter, eyes constantly scanning ahead of the group for any signs of danger. She passes the passage to the right cautiously, peering into the darkness as she goes. If nothing dangerous appears, she turns her attention back to the direction they are moving, looking back briefly to make sure the rest of her companions are following.

Remove ads