[IC] Halfling Quest - Rooting Around

Boddynock

First Post
hafrogman said:
Jerran strides up to the woman and bows deeply with an overly ostentatious flourish of his hands.

"M'lady Besha I presume?"
Alton rolls his eyes and sighs almost inaudibly. Then he says hello to Besha, too.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Whats wrong?, nothing Kylyea I just thought that maybe I was talking too much, Im actually feeling more confident about the task, since its just a boar and you’ve killed them before and all. Mom was a little worried about tonight, sometimes she gets excited, and it rubbed off on me.” Eddie blushes and looks away.
Oh is Bubbles coming? Eddie jumps up taunt again – were we supposed to have laid out more of the camp than this?
…..Do I smell baked Sweet Potato?

Tarlonniel

First Post
"Oh no, you never talk too much. Most times you don't talk nearly enough." Kiylea smiles at him and starts getting out of the tree. "I think the only thing we still need is wood for a fire. And something to cook over it - I might be able to scare up a rabbit or a woodcock in the few hours left until sunset."

Ferrix

Explorer
Wednesday - Evening

Besha doesn't look up from her gardening, "in a minute, in a minute. This garden doesn't weed itself..." she tosses a handful of weeds back towards the pile, spraying Jerran with dirt. In a moment she sets down the trowel she was using and pushes herself up, brushing dirt from a denim gardening apron, she turns around, "Oh, Alton, how nice to see you. And Ringly, I haven't seen you over this way, well since you stopped coming by to see Welsly." Seeing Jerran fretting over the dirt now covering him she begins laughing which is accompanied by slight snorting, "Jerran. What can I do for the three of you boys?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Jerran blinks a couple of times to clear the dirt from his eyes and makes a stange grimace to dislodge any particles that had made it onto his face. He gives the laughing Besha a weak smile and cuts to the chase.

"Mero has asked a group of us to look into the critter troubles around here. We understand that your husband saw some tracks around the farm? Might he be around for us to have a word with?"

He accompanies this last question with a craning of his neck as if he expects Lamir to be standing just out of sight.

Slippshade

First Post
Bubbles Greenbottle

Tarlonniel said:
"Bubbles! Over here!" Kiylea waves one arm to draw the Halfling girl's eyes. They can't be done already!?

Hearing her name Bubbles looked around finally spotting Kiylea in one of Mrs Mellar's trees. Picking up her pace she spies Eddies working on something in the field near the tree Kiylea is watching from.

"Jerran, Alton and Ringly are heading over to Besha's farm to ask her some questions about whatever is rootiung around out here. I figured I would find the two of you and give you these." Bubbles holds out the carefully wrapped pieces of Mrs. Mellar's sweet potato pie for Eddie and Kiylea and smiles. "I thought you may want to take a quick break for a snack."Bubbles examines the trap Eddie has been hard at work on. "What's this?

ender_wiggin

First Post
Ringly grimaces as Bensha mentions him.

"Well, yes, my family thought it would be best for me to have a little more isolation," he explains, and immediately regretting it.

Thankfully, Jerran pulls the woman's mind off of him, and onto the problem at hand. He nods and smiles as Jerran speaks, content to let the other do all the talking.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Kiylea, im not certain we want a fire, if we scare it off, we will just have to be here longer, although its not so bad...
smiling He turns to meet Bubbles umm Hi, oooh Pie mmmmm.
*munch* Ohm dooin an boaa trap *swallows* you stand on near one end and when it charges
*munch* da Nd pops op and *swallow* spears him, but he hasta be coming at you from sotra that way.
Eddie makes a small gesture with his half eaten pie. You can move it about a bit but if he comes from behind you its no good at all....
He starts blushing again and trails off. He will move over and demonstrate the spear trap showing where to stand and how to make small adjustments. He sets the pie down but glances at it anxiously as if afraid it will be carried off.

Tarlonniel

First Post
Eddie said:
Kiylea, im not certain we want a fire, if we scare it off, we will just have to be here longer

"Oh, don't worry, we'd put it out after cooking our food." Kiylea unwraps her slice of pie and leans against the tree, watching as Eddie explains the set-up. "Want me to hold that?" she asks, pointing to his piece.

Remove ads