[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

industrygothica

Adventurer
DrZombie said:
"Yes, my good man. Are you all fit to walk?"

The old dwarf looks back to the others; they are still huddled together against the wall by the steaming pond.

"I-I can walk," he says. "Not sure about the others."

While it is true that he can walk, at least for now, Jonas can tell that none of the dwarves are in any condition at all to be moving about through the hive, especially when there is probably more fighting to do.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage approaches the old dwarf, and, holding his gaze, she addresses him,

"Old sir, we are here to help you, but there are things we must know. Is that the only flying creature you have seen here, or are there others? How often have creatures come in here? We need you and your comrades to be brave, and to continue to endure a short while longer. I know this is difficult, but we want to get you out of here quickly and safely, and we cannot do that just yet. We shall return very soon. And then we will get out of here."

She speaks calmly but curtly. Her eyes narrow as she listens to the old dwarf's answers. Assuming there is no immediate danger, she says,

"I am heading to that flight of stairs we saw. Who is coming with me?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Kobold Stew said:
Courage approaches the old dwarf, and, holding his gaze, she addresses him,

"Old sir, we are here to help you, but there are things we must know. Is that the only flying creature you have seen here, or are there others? How often have creatures come in here? We need you and your comrades to be brave, and to continue to endure a short while longer. I know this is difficult, but we want to get you out of here quickly and safely, and we cannot do that just yet. We shall return very soon. And then we will get out of here."

"That'n stays in here," the old dwarf says. "Sometimes it leaves 'n takes one of us with it. Never stays gone long though, 'n always comes back alone."

"Don't wanna wait, but I reckon we ain't got no choice. We'll be here when ye get back. Just make sure ye get back; they've got us starved 'n weak, can't harldy move on our own now."

Mista Collins

First Post
Realizing the others noticed her tirade, Tanith blushes a bit as she wipes off any blood that might have wound up on her boot from the kick.

"I'm up to following, but I am almost to my limit for the day as to what I can do. That damned creature resisted my magics. I didn't predict that happening."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Tanith, you of course may stay here if you wish. I have no doubt that your support could aid us i what lies ahead, but similarly, if we do not get back, it would be your responsibility to lead these poor folk out. I have some food here, in any case, and I offer you all what I have. But I must go now."

Courage leaves whatever she has that is edible, and leaves the room, heading for the stairs. Perhaps others follow.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Kobold Stew said:
"Tanith, you of course may stay here if you wish. I have no doubt that your support could aid us i what lies ahead, but similarly, if we do not get back, it would be your responsibility to lead these poor folk out. I have some food here, in any case, and I offer you all what I have. But I must go now."

Courage leaves whatever she has that is edible, and leaves the room, heading for the stairs. Perhaps others follow.

"Wait!" Shai calls, moving to the body of the flying formian. "If any others come to this room, a dead body will instantly alert them. If we hide the body, we may buy ourselves some time while they look for their companion." Looking around, he visually checks the depth of the pool. "Perhaps if we weight the body and sink it...?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Shai manages to sink the body of the flying formian with little difficulty.

ooc: assuming the entire party continues on:

The wooden stairs creak with every step and Shai winces every time he sets the bulk of his weight down on one of the worn planks. The stairs open into a small chamber. It looks empty save for a wooden bookcase pushed up into one corner. An opening near the top of the stairs leads into a room from which a flickering orange light spills.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Shai looks to the others, raising an eyebrow but making no sounds. He holds his warhammer ready, but does not move until he sees some indication from the others as to what they wish.

Remove ads