• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Shai, momentarily stunned by the attacks his fellows throw forth in quick succession, composes himself as the creature clings to the wall. He starts to make strange wooshing noises, then, cheeks puffed, he inexplicably holds his postion, staring at the creature.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the disappearing act. Easter weekend was a little longer than I expected.

In any case: readied action: if the creature flies again, Shai will cast Gust of Wind to knock it back / prone / into the wall.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
As a tear rolls down her cheek, Courage brings up her bow and lets loose with two more arrows, both of which bounce off of the wall near the creature and fall useless into the steaming pool below.

Tanith launches her magical assault, sending three bolts of pure energy flying into the creature. At the point of impact, all three of them wink out unexpectedly, leaving the creature unscathed.

Shai prepares for another aerial attack and begins the somatic gestures to cast gust of wind.

The creature opts to stick to the wall. Again it flicks it tail and two ominous spikes fly forward toward Courage, who it seems to deem the most dangerous of the party at this point. Both spikes hit home and bury themselves into Courage's anatomy.

Mechanically, Jonas winds his crossbow with another bolt and fires it at the creature. The bolt sticks into the wall next to the creature and a good bit of dust and stone fall from the impact, but the formian is undeterred.

(end round 2)

--------------------------------------------
Round 3

19 Courage Bloodstone 15/34: fire two arrows (9+8=miss; 20=possible crit, 16+8=confirms, 1d8+3x3=21 damage)
19 Shaimon Hu'u 18/32 (barkskin 243 rounds): casts gust of wind (CL 5+3=fail)
17 Tanith Dathius 18/20: casts slow (CL 2+5=fail)
10 Flying Formian: flies by Courage and attacks with its claws (5 damage) and lands on the nothern wall near the captured dwarves
7 Dyspeer 20/29:
2 Jonas Cleighton 31/36: casts cure light wounds on Courage (10 points cured)

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
Shocked her spell didn't effect the creature at all, Tanith tries another one in her repertoire. This time she hopes it takes effect and slows the creature down.

ooc - casting slow

jkason

First Post

industrygothica said:
The creature opts to stick to the wall. Again it flicks it tail and two ominous spikes fly forward toward Courage, who it seems to deem the most dangerous of the party at this point. Both spikes hit home and bury themselves into Courage's anatomy.

Seeing Courage take more of the spikes he himself felt, Shai stops waiting. His puffed out cheeks press in. Instead of the whiff of air one would expect from this, however, a veritable gale surges forward at the creature on the wall.

[sblock=OOC]Shai will go ahead and cast Gust of Wind. Lasts one round. -4 penalty to the critter on his ranged attacks this round. Also, I'm a little iffy on one of the other effects. Small flying creatures are blown back, and small non-flying creatures are knocked prone, but I think the latter circumstance assumes the creatures are standing, not clinging to a wall? I should think if it's strong enough to knock him off his feet normally, it might similarly knock him loose where he is (DC 14 Fort save to negate), but I don't know if there's a special "wall-clingers" exception I'm unaware of.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
jkason said:
[sblock=OOC]Shai will go ahead and cast Gust of Wind. Lasts one round. -4 penalty to the critter on his ranged attacks this round. Also, I'm a little iffy on one of the other effects. Small flying creatures are blown back, and small non-flying creatures are knocked prone, but I think the latter circumstance assumes the creatures are standing, not clinging to a wall? I should think if it's strong enough to knock him off his feet normally, it might similarly knock him loose where he is (DC 14 Fort save to negate), but I don't know if there's a special "wall-clingers" exception I'm unaware of.[/sblock]

I don't know either, but since this formian is a medium-sized creature, it is a moot point.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage roars as the spikes hit her, and she notices the momentary loss of blood pressure. nevertheless, her gaze remains fixed, and she fires two more arrows.

DrZombie

First Post
"Let Heironeous heal you with His power" Jonas says as he touches courage with a golden-glowing hand.

OOC : cast CLW(1d8+5) instead of detect undead

industrygothica

Adventurer
Courage launches two more arrows at the creature on the wall. The first goes wide to the right, but the second lands perfectly in the center of the thing, and it lets loose an unnatural squeal as a spray of gore erupts from its underside.

Shai looses his spell and a strong gust of wind blows toward the creature.

At the same time Tanith releases her spell as well, attempting to slow the thing down.

As Tanith and Shai finishe their spells, confident that the combination will prove effective, the formian springs from the wall and again flies over Courage, raking it's claws over her body as it passes, completely ignoring the casters and their seemingly ineffective spells.

A spattering of blood chitinous flesh remain on the wall where Courage's arrow went through the thing.

Seeing the damage the thing is causing Courage, Jonas holds his attack and instead calls to Heironeous to heal the Paladin's increasing wounds.

(end of round 3)

--------------------------------------------
Round 4

19 Courage Bloodstone 25/34: fires two arrows( 8+8=miss, 10+8=miss)
19 Shaimon Hu'u 18/32 (barkskin 242 rounds): shoots an arrow at the flying formian (7+6=miss)
17 Tanith Dathius 18/20: fires her crossbow (1=miss)
10 Flying Formian: flies by and attacks Courage with two claws (miss; hit, 3 damage); swoops up to ceiling
7 Dyspeer 20/29: jump and snaps at the flying formian(Jump check 16+1=pass; attack 8+6=miss)
2 Jonas Cleighton 31/36: fires crossbow (7+2=miss):

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

industrygothica said:
As Tanith and Shai finishe their spells, confident that the combination will prove effective, the formian springs from the wall and again flies over Courage, raking it's claws over her body as it passes, completely ignoring the casters and their seemingly ineffective spells.

Shai drops his warhammer and draws his bow with a growl.

"Dyspeer. That thing swoops at Courage again, rip its wings off," the large man says as he lets off an arrow.

[sblock=OOC]Dropping Warhammer and attacking with bow. Attack +6, damage 1d8+3

Setting Dyspeer to Defend Courage (which means Dyspeer is effectively holding attack until the critter swoops in again, then tries to get off a bite). Attack +6, damage 1d6+2. And, since it strikes me as relevant: Dyspeer has an untrained Jump of +1 (includes ACP).[/sblock]

Remove ads