[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

Thateous

Explorer
"Either way you shouldn't stress my dear sister. At the very least make an appearance and if you find you're truly unable to enjoy the show then return home. I will update you as soon as I can." Everett says in an attempt to ease his sister's growing concern for the fate of their cousin.

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

"Trouble seems determined to find us." says Perin, "The golems will be on another night, but I don't want to intrude on family business."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Bolt: 38[/SBLOCK]

Jesse leads the group to the eastern tip of the island. The Leed River splits here around the island and there is a small reef at the edge of the island. Two men in Tommilson livery have just finished dragging a boat onto the shore as you arrive. The bottom of the boat (essentially a row boat about 11 feet long, 4 feet wide, and 2 feet deep) is a red with blood mixed with less than a gallon of water. It looks like whoever was injured lost a lot of blood given the amount of water.

GM: Investigation checks for more.

Thateous

Explorer
Everett gives the boat a long look, taking care to account for currents, tides, and the viscosity of the remaining blood. "What fate has befallen you dear cousin?" he say, rubbing his chin.
OOC: [roll0]

Last edited:

There's no paddle in the boat. You don't need to paddle to get moving down river, but you do need it to steer into a dock at the end. It was just dumb luck this boat got caught in the reefs instead of being swept out to sea.

The boat's bottom is, aside from the bloody water and a few leaves, empty. You remember being at the boat launch in Leed's Crossing a few summers ago. The launch area is usually muddy and all the skiffs tend to arrive in Bit with mud in them. You would guess no one was on the boat when it was sent down river from the lack of mud. Not suspicious by itself, but then, no one from Leed's Crossing has arrived in Bit. (You verify this by looking up river and noting that there are no skiffs docked at any of the river.)

Thateous

Explorer
"I'm having a hard time not investigating the unexplained absence of anyone from Leed's Crossing. Anyone having similar feelings." he says to everyone and no one at the same time.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

"It certainly is odd. Perhaps it isn't just family business?" Perin volonteers

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Bolt: 38[/SBLOCK]

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Ha! HA! HA!" At a large table in the Lounging Goose inn Keth roared with laughter. His father had just finished telling him of the boar that had run Ivor up a tree, minus the bottom part of the lads breeches, and the huge half-orc had to wipe a tear from his eye.

"Come now. No need to be cryin'," His father scolded, a grin of mirth on his face. "I have given you and Ivor's bottoms more of a wuppin' than the boar had done to your brother. HA! HA!" He laughed and took a pull form his mug.

"Tsk," his mother sitting close to Keth chived her husband. "And you not worrying about the boys safety or the fact that I was the one who had to put in all the work fixing those breeches." A laughed burst from everyone, Keth's father spraying beer across the table.

The half-orc felt whole once more, sitting around the table sharing tales and food with his family. Besides his younger brother Ivor(17), there was his two younger sisters, Faline(12) and Star(8) and his older brother Travin(28) all sitting around the table. Along with Uncle Wade and his wife Eva, who held a newborn in her arms (their first child).

When Keth's eyes fell to the baby his smile left his face and he felt a coldness start to climb his skin. He shivered, and his mother felt it run through his body. She wrapped an arm through his and leaned in close. "You can no remember that day, ye were just a newly lad." she said putting her head on his shoulder. Everyone was silent and the half-orc thought of what to say to bring the smiles and laughter back. Somehow he did remember that day, and all to well.

"No, no. I was thinking if I was every that small?" he lied and he knew his mother knew.

"Well for a moment or two, and then you grew faster than all your brothers and sister." She looked up into his face knowing that it would get him to grin. She reached up and pulled his mouth open for all to see. "Especially your teeth. Your Pa and me weren't ready to try feeding a bear at the table, who would take a finger along with his food and not know the difference."

Keth's father holds up two fingers on his right hand where small scars cross them. "Oh I tried feeding you once. Once mind you, and that was enough for me!"

The table erupted in laughter once more.

"Sir, I can have horses ready to travel in 15 minutes if you want to ride for Leed's Crossing." At Everett's nod, he rushes off toward the stables.

"I don't think I can accompany you," Veit says. "I must see someone tomorrow morning. But I have a friend who probably would be happy to help you out. His name is Keth and he is staying at the Lounging Goose."

"You wanted me to help with that, didn't you?" Valeria asks.

"You don't have to." Veit replies.

"No, I have to." Valeria replies. "Sorry, Everett."

Eventually, the group arrives at the Lounging Goose. Veit goes in immediately and calls out Keth. Bree was not planning to dismount until a few of Keth's family step out with Keth. "Bree-A-Lee?"

"Wade?"

"Eva come here."

Eva exits the inn and sees Bree. She immediately gives Bree a hug. "Oh, child, have you heard?"

Bree is trembling. "Heard what?"

"Your mother died a few months ago. Your father and sister are staying nearby at the Bedside Inn. He doesn't look well."

Bree looks at Everett who simply nods. And she and Eva rush off toward the Bedside Inn.

Veit says, "Everett, this is Keth. Keth, Everett's cousin in Leed's Crossing is missing and foul play is highly likely."

Remove ads