• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

Thateous

Explorer
Everett watched as the half-orc walked around and gathered his things. He noticed the half-orc have a lengthy conversation with a familiar dragonborn he was sure he'd seen around town before. He shrugged his shoulders as a friend of the half-orc's friend waddled over and joined the conversation. He looks down at Perin and says, "Looks like our group is growing. So how did you come to know Veit?"

Zadolix

First Post
The tankard of ale was placed on the table with a quick thud as Zadolix took a seat.

"Another 2 tankards if ye will."
requested Zadolix, gesturing to Surina and the half-orc stranger.

"Greetings friend" he says to the half-orc. "I be Zadolix Blackbeard, son of Grimdal of the Blackbeard Freight Company. In town to savour the sights and sounds of the festival are ye?"

Leaning in to the table towards both Surina and the half-orc, Zadolix rasps in a more hushed tone "Rumors be rife around town about the skiffs not coming in this year from up Leed River. Me eyes seem to confirm the same as well. Have ye heard much else? What's the real news?"

EarlyBird

Explorer
Keth was taken aback a bit by all the new faces in just the short time and of the odd company Surina was currently keeping. Was this the work of the Tierdon'Tor? Was there some call that was bringing all these people together? He was new to a life of service and trusting that The Family would look out for those that served them well.

"Greetings to you Master Blackbeard," the half-orc said once his confusion and doubts were put to rest. "I am Keth out from Groaning. Sorry to have no news for you, maybe one of the others have more of a tale to tell."

When the ale arrives he nods a thank you to the dwarf raising the mug to him in honor of his generosity.

OOC: Something to note, maybe a world view, will let the DM decide.

out from Groaning - means you live near the settlement
out of Groaning - would mean you lived in that town/village

Gives people an ideal of the area your from as no one can know where every village, farmstead, etc. are located

GM: People who live in the Bit area might make that distinction. But away from Bit, Groaning is known as a forest only, not a village.

Reminder it is nearly noon and it will take half a day to get to Leed's Crossing by horse.

GM: Oops, misremembered. It is late afternoon. And it will take a couple hours on horseback to get to Leed's Crossing. Thankfully, let's just say there are enough horses for everyone.

Zadolix

First Post
Zadolix raised his mug in response to Keth, taking a big swig as the froth of the ale rested on his beard even well after taking a drink.

He wiped away the froth with his sleeve.

"Groaning eh? Never been there meself, though certainly heard it at times carried on the winds near the coast."

He strokes his beard for a moment deep in thought over his cup.

"...no news can't be good news. I don't like it. A quiet Goblin is never up to good... Would ye both be interested in heading up that way together?"

EarlyBird

Explorer
"We all are interested in heading," he nods to the group Veit introduced him to. "And luckily they have horses to make the trip a bit easier on us."

The half-orc downs the rest of his mug and wipes his own lips with a sleeve. "Ahhh, let's be off!"

OOC: Checking to see if I have my spells prepared for the day. Will edit those in.
Spells: divine favor, shield of faith, protection from good and evil, detect magic, healing word

Last edited:

Zadolix

First Post
"Great!" gasped Zadolix in relief, downing the rest of the tankard in one. "Can't be doing with this walking business, can't feel the wind in ye beard if ye know what I mean."

And with that he got up from the stool and adjusted his pack and supplies, tightening belts and laces and giving the hilt of his warhammer a pat.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina smiled fondly when Zadolix entered and greeted her. "It's good to see you my friend. I've been in Cade Coble and only just returned myself, so I don't know more about the rumors than you." When Keth suggested leaving, she nodded and joined he and Zadolix in heading toward Everett and the halfling standing near him.

After mounting up, the five of you ride out the east gate of Bit toward Little Bit and Leed's Crossing beyond. It is a hot afternoon and you are not travelling too quickly as you don't want to lose a horse to the heat. Even travelling carefully, a little over on hour later you arrive in Bit and need to seek out water for the horses. Little Bit is nearly a ghost town, most folk having traveled to Bit for the festival's official start tomorrow. A middle aged man is sitting in the shade on the porch of the largest inn in Little Bit, The Traveler's Well. As you stop at the water troughs he calls out, "You headed the wrong way? Festival's in Bit."

Remove ads