• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Keth took the reins of the dwarf's mount and steadied his own. He wasn't sure why the bodies had crossed the bridge and not made for the skiffs, unless they were on this side headed to the towers.

Keth watched the rear of the group as the others investigated.

OOC: Cautiously head towards the trees, say around Q9
Perception if needed. [roll0]
Going to try and tie off the horses to the trees for now.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina was tempted to send her horse galloping up to the bodies. Seeing them lying there triggered an intense need to help, and, if she was honest, to avenge. But Zadolix's caution, and Keth's wisdom in dealing with two of the horses shook her out of it. She slipped down off her horse and readied a javelin in one hand, and turned to Everett and Perrin, "I think Keth has the right of it, we should tie off the horses and proceed with caution." She then turned and followed Keth to the trees, doing her best to keep a close eye out.

OOC: If either Everett or Perrin ask, Surina will take their horse with hers to the trees, re-stowing her javelin if necessary. If both ask, she'll take Perrin's over Everett's. She will head for P9.

OOC: You're doing fine. We are kind of running round to round here. But there's no initiative at the moment.

Zadolix creeps forward. Even at this distance you are sure the bodies are dead. There's no blood around them and they seem rather pale. You can't tell how long they've been dead.

Also, all of you can see hints of the town of Leed's Crossing on the other side of the bridge. But there's no movement, no smoke from cooking fires, and it is quiet except for the river's low babbling.

There are no issues finding a tree to tie the horses to.

Last edited:

Zadolix

First Post
"I've seen paleness like this out on the waves, but usually with sea sick yellow bellies. These poor sods look beyond sick!" Zadolix yelled back to the group as he continued edging closer to the bridge.

OOC: I move up to L13 for when my next turn comes around, with the warhammer out ready in my two hands

Thateous

Explorer
Everett exits his horse as an invisible hand guides and carols it with the rest as he walks over to determine the cause of death.
OOC: [roll0]

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

Perin had been very quite with the sudden addition of even more new faces. Once they were on the road though he had taken to riding slightly ahead or behind the group, falling into his routine of scouting and checking for followers.

When the group came upon the bodies he quickly dismounted, handing the reigns to Surina. With his crossbow ready he immediately started searching the trees, zigzagging towards the bank north of the bridge. The lone tree there made for poor cover, but the trees across the river made an excellent place to hide an ambush.

OOC: Really sorry that I have not posted, notifications aren't working for some of my games. I thought I was keeping an eye on all of them but clearly not.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Bolt: 38[/SBLOCK]

GM: Perin. I'm guessing something like F12.

The bridge is made of stone and mortar. It is 15 feet wide and has three foot high walls along its length. There is maybe a 3 foot hump as the bridge has a gentle arch to it. One the opposite shore are a pair of towers about 15 feet tall. No movement can be seen on or around the bridge. A wooden sign stretches between the towers saying "Welcome to Leed's Crossing".

Zadolix

First Post
A dread feeling came over Zadolix as he noticed the stillness in the air."...'tisn't right. This be a massacre, it looks like these lubbers were running from something in town. A skiff down there scarpered...but the rest?"

Feeling a sense of urgency, he walked past the unfortunate souls onto the bridge, his eye darting to and fro between the towers and otherside of the crossing.

OOC: I'll move to K20 if possible

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads