• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

"Just ole Jakob, haven't seen him in a season." The man stands up and scratches his head. "But now that you mention it, the North Road has been completely quiet. Haven't seen anyone coming through in maybe two or three days. Usually a few stragglers from Groaning come down that way." He seems to be looking at the livery on the horses. "But those Leed's guys usually take their skiffs down the river this time of year."

Zadolix

First Post
Zadolix takes a swig of his waterskin in the heat of the day. Turning to the others he mumbles "If they ain't sailed down river then Leeds should be heavin' of folk still. That canna be right?"

Clearing his throat he enquires of the man:

"Do ye run this inn? Have ye seen any dodgy goings on around here recently?"

"Course I run the inn. I'm Stran Marney. The Well has been run by the Marneys for generations," the man says with pride. "Ain't seen any strange goings ons though. Aside from there not being any stragglers the past couple days."

Zadolix

First Post
Stroking his beard, Zadolix pondered the implication of Stran's words and looked at his fellow travellers.

"Keep yeself safe then Stran, things be afoot in these parts it seems. Mind if I wet me whistle with your well?" patting the depleted looking waterskin.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina watered her horse, and splashed a bit of the well water on herself; she never had liked the hot weather; she much preferred the cooler months. "Thanks for the water an the information, Mr. Marney. I'm Delmirev Surina. If my memory holds, you used to purchase wine and cider from my family's business. I hope your business has fared well, and that you are enjoying the break the Summer festival brings you."

Once the others were ready, Surina mounted her horse an continued on.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The heat and armor did little to lighten Keth's mood. The half-orc was normally not so grim around strangers, but all he want to do was to drink as much of the cool water as he could and find some shade.

When elf was ready to move Keth mounted up.

The group heads out of Little Bit due east toward Forest's End and Leed's Crossing. The land around the village is densely packed with family farms that thin a bit until they reach the southern fork towards Leed's Crossing. A sign post indicates Little Bit is 4 miles behind you, Forest's End is 7 miles ahead, and Leed's Crossing is a mile south. You turn south. This area is empty of farms. Trees dot the landscape. Within minutes you can hear the Leed River bubbling by. And soon you can see a stone bridge ahead of you with twin towers on the far side of the river. As you get close you can see a few bodies on the ground 60 feet ahead of you.

[sblock="Map"] river crossing.jpg[/sblock]

Zadolix

First Post
Seeing what appeared to be...bodies...on the bridge, the hairs on the one eyed dwarf's back stood up. "Well I'll be a bearded gnome..."

Dismounting from his horse, Zadolix drew his warhammer in both hands and cautiously edged down the path towards to bodies, scanning the landscape and trying to get a closer look at these corpses and the nature of their wounds.

OOC: Okay so first time doing this on PbP. So can I move to L7 and make a perception check? If this isn't how it works on PbP let me know

Perception
[roll0]

Remove ads