[IC] KoboldQuest: Reptiles on the Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
IC: Overkrilliak sits patiently with hands folded in his robes and is standing on the chair to see the disgusting human.

"I shall hear what you have to say human. The eyes and ears of our people shall be observed in the proper accordances and what you say here shall remain here and be reported back to our leaders when the time comes. Speak your words and we shall hear if it is in the benefit of our people to comply."

he glances over at Pok wondering "He might be of use later.."

garyh

First Post
Giving a curious look at the ragged kobold hiding in the corner, Brother Lorros continued.

"About a month ago, a band of adventurers helped my order with curious set of events," the Namer said, "and we had thought that was the end of it."

"But now, a fellow cleric who was a victim of those events is suffering again," continued Lorros, "and our temple seems to be under surveillance. Every time I am alone in the temple, or am out in public, I feel as though I am being watched. I even believe someone or something has been in our temple... something that seemed like nothing so much as a serpent."

"I've learned that one of the villains involved with the past events was posing as a merchant named Satrex, and staying in an inn in the Old City. I know not which inn, but perhaps you could track him down and see if he is connected to these current troubles."

"I appreciate that some of you are willing to undertake this for our good alone," Brother Lorros said, "but we are also willing to offer 100 gold each upon successful completion of this mission, to insure you all," and with that he gave pointed looks to to Xed and Darakik, "have sufficient motivation."

Serpenteye

First Post
"100 gold," Darakik says musingly (in common), "would seem a sufficient amount of money for the task you'd have us perform. Merely spying on a merchant, perhaps stealing some documents... Unlawful as it would be 100 gold might still be a sufficient reward. However, there is more to this. Oh yes."

Darakik smiles mockingly at the human. "Your reluctance to reveal the nature of the threat speaks volumes. Apparently, we'd be risking the enmity a powerful evil organization. We'd be pulled into a situation where we would be forced to fight and destroy, or be destroyed by, an organization that has caused the church of Oghma considerable harm. We'd be preforming a task that would be worth far more for the church of Oghma than a mere 700 gold pieces, once we've accepted your first mission we may have no choice but to do so. Even now you have brought down their attention upon us. Did you not say you were being watched? That will make our mission much more difficult."

"No, 100 gold pieces would not be sufficient for such a task," Darakik smiles greedily. "Double that sum and you will be a lot closer to a deal. However, that may still not cost you too much, for there are some among us who would do this task without any reward, other than feeding their pride in their own goodness."

"The Human would place us in great danger," Darakik says in Goblin to Pok and Xed. "Lets make sure he pays for it."

Xael

First Post
Xed barely noticeably nods and says: "Just make sure you don't go too far."

OOC: Happy New year, it's -21 Centigrees here (it was -38 at the morning). :D

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I understand how my scale mates feel. You have brought attention to us by coming here and speaking to us in the open. I am inclined to believe we are now to be the "red herring" for this other group of adventurers. Drake looks around the table. What do you say scale mates? Should we prove the warm blood wrong and show that we are not the expendable race that the warm bloods think we are?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
IC: "Be not so hasty my clanmate. There is much information that this human can tell us and our tribe did not survive this long by being hassssssty. If we are truley a ruse for the other party then by all means the price shall be doubled for now we are now assassins or worse. No the price must be higher and I fully agree with the others here. Knowledge first, then we crush our enemies."

Timothy

First Post
Brother Lorros, Eevn I can understand where my fellow scaled mates are coming from. Would you like to explain us the full story and hold nothing back, so that we exactly know what we are up against. I will still work for the good of it all, but me scaled fellows are right to demand more information, because ignorance is not bliss roght now

garyh

First Post
"Well," Brother Lorros answered, "the first adventuring group rescued the priest who is now suffering from a cult. They then discovered the assistant to the head Namer was actually a cultist."

"I realize the risk this would pose to you," the priest continued, "and I can afford 120 gold each, if that will help gain your trust. You must understand, the recent trouble has made it difficult for us to acquire donations, and the cultist was siphoning money from us while he influenced our temple."

"I realize you would be taking a risk," Lorros said, "but I believe that the cult will not suspect you, and you are of course given 'salvage rights' to any treasure found while undertaking this mission."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads