• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ic] nameless I: prologue

DrZombie

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
When Nate asks him if Mugihja can be trusted, the half-orc simply pauses for a moment to let Nate look at him. And then he says, in an even tone, "Even those of the savage races can overcome their baser natures, by the grace of Gods."
Touchy Touchy, Bugger this.

"I don't care if he's an ogre or the tooth fairy, I'm asking you if you think he's to be trusted, no need to get all snotty with me." Nate says, the stress of the fight giving his voice an edge. "I'm not used to all this brainbashing and fighting, you are. That's why I asked you. Now do you have any idea what we should be doing now or shall I go ask someone else?"

Thomas Hobbes said:
"The dog should be able to track them if they didn't go straight back to town. If not, we'll have to go back anyway- we can't search the forest on our own."

"Bugger that, I'm not leaving the girl in the forest, there might be more goblins about, and I don't think they have overcome their baser nature yet." With those sarcastic words he grabs his hammer and follows the dog down the woods.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"She couldn't have gotten far yet. we can search for her. but we must get moving. There may be more goblins in the area." Oscar says and heads for the woods where she disappeared from. "Brother Cromwell, please come with me. The rest of you may do as you wish. But the more looking the better."

Velmont

First Post
"If Prince is needed, I must come. He don't like to be left alone, except when he is on the farm, as he consider the farm as his territory, so I come with you."

NeuroZombie

Explorer
While the others are arguing, Sadoloth searches for the girls tracks and then motions to the others to follow:

if the tracks are found:
"I have found the tracks, follow if you wish, but I am off to find the girl before something befalls her."

if I fail the roll:
"I cannot find the tracks, sir (directed at Jimni) you look like a woodsman as well, can you or your dog find her track?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Nathaniel said:
Touchy Touchy, Bugger this.

"I don't care if he's an ogre or the tooth fairy, I'm asking you if you think he's to be trusted, no need to get all snotty with me." Nate says, the stress of the fight giving his voice an edge. "I'm not used to all this brainbashing and fighting, you are. That's why I asked you. Now do you have any idea what we should be doing now or shall I go ask someone else?"

Cromwell stares slightly quizzically at the blacksmith, the combination of that look and his Orcish features giving him a stupid expression. He hadn't intended it as anything but a vote of confidence in the Ogre and a tribute to the wisdom of St. Cuthbert. And they say Orcs are the rash ones! But he does have a point. He is unused to battle.

Nathaniel said:
"Bugger that, I'm not leaving the girl in the forest, there might be more goblins about, and I don't think they have overcome their baser nature yet." With those sarcastic words he grabs his hammer and follows the dog down the woods.

"I rather expect the dogs will be able to find them, Nathaniel. Do not worry. But failing that, we're too few to mount any sort of search."

Oscar de Reign said:
"Brother Cromwell, please come with me. The rest of you may do as you wish. But the more looking the better."

"Yes sir," says Cromwell automatically, following Oscar. "And 'officer' will suffice, sir," he adds respectfully. "I don't think I'm enough in the Saint's grace for any other title yet."

doghead

thotd
NeuroZombie said:
While the others are arguing, Sadoloth searches for the girls tracks and then motions to the others to follow:

JImni is long gone, having set off at a run back down the way you came. For a while you heard a few calls, but it has stopped now. The ground around the top of the slope is well trampled from the fight, forcing Sadolath to push back into the woods to find anything. For a moment he thinks that he is going to be unable to find anything, then he catches sight of a couple of footprints going the other way.

NeuroZombie said:
"I have found the tracks, follow if you wish, but I am off to find the girl before something befalls her."

Sadolath sets off pretty much back along the way you came. He needs to move slowly {half speed or -5 penalty} as the tracks are not easy to follow, so Oscar, Cromwell, Hewik and Nate quickly catch him up.

ooc: its my understanding that a dog would need a scent to follow. You would need to be able to identify Mareta's scent for the dog first, before it could Track her. Is that right? (this doghead don't track).

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
I think you need to do that if there are lots of scents; if there's only one clear scent, you just tell them to follow that. The first wiff he gets of Mareta is the equivalent of having her socks stuffed in his face and then he can follow that from there.

doghead

thotd
The somewhat path to the clearing has been quite well trod recently. By nine to be exact. But Sadolath can follow the tracks going back towards the river and town, if he is willing to taking his time. About 100 meters from the clearing, now out of sight behind you, the tracks become confused as if the maker had stopped for a while and walked about aimlessly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads