[ic] nameless II: the seventh from seven

Velmont

First Post
Finish most of the time on his back during the training, Hewik stand up and try again. He has no fun of all of that, but he continue to train, but with no hearth.

doghead

thotd
Thomas Hobbes said:
"Just requesting some clarification, sir. Who is in charge of this mission?"

"The ranking Guardman. Right now thats me. On the road it will be you. Once you reach Killingtom, the Seventh will be under the command of Sergeant Dobbels."

For a moment, the Sergeant looks like he is about to add something. But nothing is forthcoming.

doghead

thotd
As far as Lisa is concerned, the boys have had long enough to learn not to go easy on her because she is a girl. If they are to asinine to have done so ...

Lisa ruthlessly exploits any openings that Nate, Oscar, Archer or Cromwell offer her. Its more than likely that, unless they watch themselves, they will end up the worse for the encounter. Especially if it is with quarterstaff.

She does, however, pay close attention whenever any of the others have something to suggest. Archer and Hewik can be particulary slippery buggers to catch, Nate can lay some hurting on you that brute strength alone doesn't account for, and Oscar is more dangerous with that rapier of his than a skinny runt like him has any right to be. And Lisa wants to know how it is done.

ooc: I wonder how things would go in a match-up? Tempting ...

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
"If you wanna hit something really hard, without really caring where exactly you hit it, use your legs, not your arms. .... STOP KICKING ME. What I mean is, use your legs to push against the ground... NO... DONT JUMP. Use your legs to center yourself , and in one flowing motion let the force from your legs carry over to your arms and then your weapon. Yep that's it. OUCH, COULD YOU PLEASE NOT DO THAT. thank ypou, practice it on a tree or something, they don't bruise that easily, Lisa."

NeuroZombie

Explorer
Sadoloth tries his best to keep his feral instincts in check during the training excercises. He doestn't want to hurt anybody. I feel like a caged treerat with these weapons, and this armor is way too restrictive he thinks to himself. Halway through the training excercises, he realizes that the sword is not really for him, that he misses his staff and the feel of the wind that washes over him from the spinning of it. The armor, he will get used to.

After dropping his sword, tripping over his scabbard, and generally making a fool of himself, he tosses the sword away amidst looks of derision, and grabs for his staff. "Forget the sword, Cromwell, I would kill myself with it, or get one of you killed for lack of skill. NOW Cromwell, lets spar," Sadoloth says with a flourish and spin of his staff.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Lisa lets out a bark of laughter as Sadolath ditches the sword for the staff.

"Absolutely."

She gives her staff an answering spin, then tries to take Nate's legs out from under him.

DrZombie

First Post
TWACK!!!! Sometimes being big is not a good thing, instead of falling over, and not getting hurt, the blow solidly connects with his shinbone, giving nate a world of pain. Instinctively, he lashes out with all his might (power attack), knocking Lisa to the floor. He rushes over to apologise, to be greeted with a boot that allmost makes sure there won't be any little Nates in the near or far future.

doghead

thotd
The Sergeant decides that its time to wind things up before Sadolath goes feral, and Nate and Lisa beat each other to a pulp, decide that they are perfect for each other, and elope.

"Right everyone, you're done. Now get the shine back on that gear!"

That should cool their fire a bit.

narative note: the sparing would have occured in the afternoon following your meeting with the Captain.

After Cromwell gets everyone heading in the direction of the baracks, the Sergeant motions him over.

"Get some hot tubs sorted for them, Cromwell. They are still going to be hurting tomorrow, but at least they will be able to march. You've got a buch of firecrackers there son.

"It's the way of the seventh. It always has been," he concludes with a shrug.

continuity note: the next post will pick up where the first post of this thread left off - you've just finished the breakfast and the briefing

I really should get some dates worked out.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
the seventh marches

The sky is just beginning to lighten in the east as you find yourself assembled in the yard of the south watchtower. Your breath is visible in front of you in the pre-dawn light and your fingers are already beginning to feel the nip of cold. The weather isn't getting any warmer. Along with the seven of you, there is a pack mule and two riding horses, although neither is saddled.

A short time later, you find yourself heading out of the tower compound and through the grey streets of the town. You try not to limp. As you pass though the gates and out of town as the sun makes it appearence in the eastern sky. Except for the sounds of your party - the tramp of boots, the clink of armour or jingle of a bridle - there is silence for a while as the town falls away behind you. Clouds scud across the grey sky overhead, and the wind plucks and tugs at your clothes.

The land to the west and north of town is fairly flat - mostly just rolling hills. The soil is not particularly fertile, so herding is more common that farming, although there are some farms. Small woods pepper the landscape. In this part of the world, isolated farms are fairly rare. While things have been fairly quiet for as long as you can remember, the region is still quite uncivilised. Single farms are easy pickings for any maruding bands. So most people tend to live clustered together, and even the smallest hamlet will have some form of defensive walls.

Your first stop is the village of Trolluk. About 8 miles from the Seven, you should be there in about two and a half hours.

ooc: Deployment and schedule of rotations, preparations (including spells), items in hand please.

DrZombie

First Post
[ooc : Nate will go exactly where and when Cromwell tells him to go (he's in charge, so he''d better come up with a scheme of some sorts :D )]

Remove ads