[ic] nameless II: the seventh from seven

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Gee, thanks Nate.

Cromwell shrugs as the others cast aside gaurd weapons for their own, but insists that they bring them along- as ordered by the sergeant, there will be an hour of practice each day.

Cromwell walks with his shield on his arm and his mace looped onto his belt, and pulls one of the horses with his free hand. Hewik will lead the pack mule, and Oscar the other horse. Cromwell will lead, with Oscar and Hewik in a straight line behind him. Sadoloth and Nate will be on one side of the column, Lisa and Archer on the other.

Standard travelling day will be 8 hours long, extended by one or two hours if they're just short of a town, with a brief lunch of trail rations, eaten while walking, at midday. At the end of the day Hewik and Sadoloth will tend to the horses and the rest will make camp. Then training, then eating and rest. The watch will be done in twos over a total of 10 hours, giving everyeone 8 hours of rest. Lisa and Hewik, Nate and Archer, Sadoloth and Oscar, and then Cromwell alone. Each day the watch will rotate- on fhe first day as above, then Cromwell and Lisa, Hewik and Nate, Archer and Sadoloth and Oscar alone, and so on.

As per orders, any farmsteads near the roads will be contacted. If they are fairly close, and Oscar is willing to ride bareback, this will be expidited by sending him on a horse as a messenger.

DrZombie

First Post
No probs Cromwell, allways aiming to please :D

Nate walks beside the animals, guiding them, feeling content. He likes being on the road, as he has done these past few years. Now if only the armor would stop chafing. To give at least the impression that he's paying attention, he he's holding his mace, letting the head rest on his shoulder. He's looking around, more looking to see if he can spot some nice wildlife, and pointing 'em out to Sadolath.
Hmm, I could get used to this, not such a bad life, is it?

NeuroZombie

Explorer
"You are good with the animals, " Sadoloth says to Nate, uncomfortably shifting the sword at his side, "I am impressed. Few not of the forest can calm animals, as you do."

A kindred spirit.. of sorts, Sadoloth thinks to himself as he, well everyone, begins the journey in which they will find themselves. Sadoloth looks around at the Seventh, noting the looks on their faces, the spring in their step (or lack thereof) and makes a mental snapshot of the innocence still left on his companions face. It will not last. If being of the forest has taught Sadoloth anything, it is that all things change, die, or are reborn better than it was. Sadoloth prays for the latter.

ooc: Sadoloth keeps his current spell selections.

Velmont

First Post
Hewik stay silent during all the trip. It is the first time he walks that far from the house, and it doesn't feel right in his mind. And he miss his family. During all the trip, he thin of what has happen at hime before he has left.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Oscar keeps his thoughts to himself. He is just realising he has made a mistake. "I'm no mercinery. I'm a nobleman. I should be being waited on hand and foot not this. God I need a bath. The halflings are putting up with this better than I expected." His thoughts are thus until he is able to reast a bit.
At one point he will try to speak to Corporal Cromwell. "Sir it may be a good idea to find out what what each of the seventh can offer besides being soldiers. I am obviously a diplomat and a horseman I'm also skilled in various fighting techniques."

doghead

thotd
The miles pass underfoot, and the town falls away behind you. The grey clouds scuttle overhead but the rain holds off. The road is a little less well travelled today than it is usually. Those who wanted to get back to their homes and villages after yesterdays attacks have already done so. But you do meet the odd traveller as you go. A couple of farmers and merchants on their way to town. A peddler returning from a trip around the villages.

Farmland surrounds the road on this side of town for the first couple of miles. Slowly it is replaced by open grasslands and scattered patches of forest. Grazingland mostly. Occasionally, you can see the smoke from the campfires of a few scattered herdsmen. The road is a little muddy from yesterdays rain, but still easy enough to travel. The road is well enough travelled that typically muddy areas have long ago had stones or logs laid down to prevent wagons and carts from getting bogged. Small steams, if too large to be easily stepped over, have large rocks for foot traffic to use to keep their feet dry.

After about 2 and a half hours, or 5 miles, Nate, having travelled this way way more than once, realises that you are approaching the first stop on your route. Ujersu. The letter is addressed to The Bourge*, Jenry Pruss. Its a small farming village. And sure enough, you crest a low rise and beyond lies an expanse of farmland with the aformentioned village at its center, a couple of miles from where you stand now.

ooc: the Bourge is the head of the village. Usually, that means being head of the council, although some villages have other ways of selecting their Bourge. In some towns he may also have the role of Bailiff and be able to adjudicate simple (those not involving the nobility, clergy or military) disputes on behalf of the Lord of the region. This position would be granted to him by the Lord of the region, rather than come with the position of Bourge by default.

Ujersu is essentally a market, serving a number of surrounding hamlets, and farming village of some 500 people. Its location, some 14 miles from Trolluk make it a common stop for those unable to go the distance from Trolluk to Seven in a day (21 miles).

DrZombie

First Post
"Where will we be staying, Cromwell, eeuh sir? I've been here before and Lethan's lamchops are a real feast, and none too expensive. And his ale is just what we need after a long day on the road. The dark one's the best for miles around, although, in all fairness, it's the only one for miles around anyway." Nate says, eagerly anticipating a night in the tavern, with a hot meal and a hot bath, in random order.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Oscar smiles and turns to Nate. "Lambchops... Oh I can understand the old Dwarven saying about an army travels on it's stomachs. Lambchops and mint jelly with saffron potatos and peas. Oh I'm hungry."

Remove ads