• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus crosses his arms, frustrated with the croc. Instead of wasting his power, he decided to use a Talent he’d picked up. He’d taught it to Aquaria, and he was ever so much more proficient at it.

OOC:
Action: Mind Thrust. Creature makes a DC 16 Int Save or take [roll0] Psychic Damage. The plus 7 is from 5 from his Int modifier and 2 from his psychic focus.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord watched the creature swallow Kalorn whole. He wasn't sure how that would turn out in the end, but he was determined not to become lunch himself. The lizardfolk in the water were a threat of their own, and he decided to make his stand on 'dry' land where they wouldn't easily have an advantage over him.

"Mordguard! Attack the nearest lizardman to me!"

Then he pointed Fleshreaver in the direction of the croczilla and fired a pair of beams of pure force energy at it.

OOC: Move: I5
BA: command minions
Action: Eldritch Blast: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
1D10+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13
1D10+4 = [4]+4 = 8
(crit [roll0])

Possible reaction:Entropic Ward (Impose DA on 1 attack if a miss, gain Adv on next attack against attacker.)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: The croc can swallow the same round it grapples? damn.

Anyway, important question: Can Kalorn still see out of the Croc's mouth, or is he so far in it's all dark?

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: The croc can swallow the same round it grapples? damn.

Anyway, important question: Can Kalorn still see out of the Croc's mouth, or is he so far in it's all dark?

OOC: It grappled you with a Legendary action, I'm afraid. It swallowed you on its turn. You have no line-of-sight to anything but the croc, you are blinded, and you are restrained. It's a tight fit in there and hard to breathe (story-wise). You can still try to Escape, or do something to hurt the Croc and maybe it'll spit you out!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: The line of sight was important for the use of my thunder step spell. Apparently using my familiar to "gain" sight is an action, so that doesn't help... so I can't teleport out of there. With disadvantage on attack, attacking from the inside is challenging... but maybe it doesn't have thick armored hide on the inside?

Kalorn gritted his teeth. This is not how he wanted to end. He marshaled his resources. There was no room to swing his blade, but there was room to *stab*. He gripped his sword with his left hand hand midway through the blade, kept his right hand on the hilt, and started *gouging* upward (ooc: halfswording technique)

Bonus action, second wind: Second wind in the croc: 1D10+3 = [9]+3 = 12

2 attacks from inside the crock, at disadvantage: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11
1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10

OOC: AC 11 and 10...

I'll roll for damage in case GM rules the innards are vulnerable:

if the d6 are 1 or 2 will re roll. maaaabye damage from inside the crock: 2D6+8 = [1, 5]+8 = 14
2D6+8 = [4, 3]+8 = 15

re-rolling 1 d6 inside croc: 1D6 = [1] = 1
Damage unchanged.

[sblock=minisheet]Kalorn of Mulmaster, the cursed sell-sword (Fighter(eldrich knight) 3/Warlock(hexblade) 6; alt-human, soldier)
HP: 55/63, Hit dice: 8/8
Temp HP: 0
AC: 16 Temp AC:
Passive Perception 15
Saves: Str: +5, Dex: -1, Con: +5, Int: +0 , Wis: +2, Cha: +3
Warlock slots remaining = 1/2. EK slots remaining = 2/2
Action surge = 0/1. Second wind = 0/1
Potions of healing remaining: 6[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Primus

Undeterred by his previous failure, Primus pushed his way into the enormous crocodile's mind once more. This time he punched right through the psychic wall, leaving a small hole and giving the beast a very bad headache.

Alhana vs Lizardfolk5

Alhana timed it perfectly: As the lizardfolk that was swimming toward her crested the surface of the water, she shot it dead. Then, deftly pulling another arrow, she sent it into the crocodile's snout as the beast lashed about with a lump in its throat that showed how far Kalorn had gone down.

GM:
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Croc 23 & 11; LF5 21 (Dead)
(PCs) None
[sblock=Notes]
Croc Int Save vs Primus. Good, but not good enough.
Save: 1D20-4 = [18]-4 = 14

[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mord & the Mordguard vs Lizardfolk1 & 6

Mord climbed up onto a rock on a grassy island, giving him a commanding view of the battle. He pointed his dagger at the enormous crocodile and fired beams of eldritch energy. The first beam smashed into the beast's head, leaving a large welt while the second went wide as the creature spun around to swing its tail at Zander.

The Mordguard skeletons marched slowly toward the swimming lizardfolk while drawing sling stones. In unison, they slung their stones at the closest one, who dove deeper to avoid them. One of the lizardfolk swam under them and came up next to Primus, while the other one surfaced below one of the skeletons, biting its leg with its powerful jaw.

GM:
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Croc 14
(PCs) None
(NPCs) Mordguard1 5
[sblock=Notes]
Mordguard vs Lizardfolk6. Woulda hit, but the LF had +2 AC (cover) from the water.
Attack: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
1D4+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
1D4+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
1D4+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Lizardfolk6 vs Mordguard1
Attack: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5
1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9
1D6+3 = [4]+3 = 7

[/sblock]

Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn pierced the scales with his inflamed rapier and watched the burst hoping on the Lizardfolk who didn't jumped into the water. "You should have followed your friends..." Then he looked at the swimming Lizardfolk who took an arrow in the eye. "Or maybe not."

Lorenn whistled through his teeth and, coming from nowhere, the Flying Board hovered near him. He jumped on it and took off. "To ride on a Giant Crocodile, checked."

Landing near Sesto, "Hey, what's up? It stings a little over there. The Croc has a good swing and I think the new guy (yes the one with the funny hat) disappeared into the beast... I'm going back to help him but I would greatly appreciate one of your special treatment. My ribs are hurting."

OOC: Action: Attack CrocZilla:
2D20.HIGH(1)+8 = [15, 5]+8 = 23 (Adv Familiar)
2D8+5 = [2, 6]+5 = 13 (GFB)
2D6 = [4, 1] = 5 (Sneak)
1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4 (GFB second Target)

Croczilla: 18
Lizardfolk: 4
Bonus Action: Disengage
Movement: To Sesto (speed 60ft)
Reaction: Shield (if hit 20-24)

Eko: Help and Flyby then follow Lorenn

[sblock=Statblock]HP: 15/54 HD: 3/3d8 - 5/5d6
AC: 17 (+3 Bladesong) (+5 Shield)
PP: 14
=============
Bladesong: 1/2
Arcane Recovery: 1/1
Spell slots:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 1/3
3rd: 3/3
Concentration: Web
Active Spell: Mage Armor
=============
Equipment:
Horn of Valhalla: 1/1
Health Potions: 5/5
Antitoxine : 5/5
Coins: 755 gp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kalorn & Zander vs Croczilla

Inside the Crocodile, Kalorn was having a difficult time fighting his way free. Even halfswording his grip, he couldn't quite get an angle that would significantly harm the beast. To add injury to insult, the crocodile's powerful throat-muscles kept crushing him as he struggled, and the beast continued to choke him down deeper into its body.

Zander tried desperately to free his new companion yelling, "Let him go! Bad Croc!" as he slashed at the beast with his longsword. Unfortunately for him, the crocodile caught his shield with a few teeth, and shook him back-and-forth like a rag-doll.

Tossing Zander aside, the creature then lunged forward, swimming over one of the free-floating kayaks. It swished its tail at Zander as it passed him by, striking his shield. Then it swung its tail the other way, which would have smashed one of the Morguard, but the skeleton ducked, sliding along the surface of the water. Then, it tried to swamp Loklafd's kayak, and yet again it failed, as the experienced paddler rolled the little boat over, and popped back upright without missing a beat.

GM: I'll just run Zander as an NPC...
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Croc 5 & 11
(PCs) Kalorn 14; Zander 30
(NPCs) Amazingly None.
[sblock=Notes]
Kalorn swallowed crushing damage.
Attack: 4D6 = [3, 1, 6, 4] = 14

Zander vs Croc
Attack: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21
1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5
1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11
1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Croc Legendary (2 Action) Thrash vs Zander
Attack: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24
3D10+5 = [10, 9, 6]+5 = 30
1D20+9 = [5]+9 = 14
3D10+5 = [10, 5, 4]+5 = 24

Zander's Sentinel Feat from when Croc ate Kalorn
Clarification: This was last turn, when the Croc didn't move.
(Also, I rolled an Opportunity Attack for him when it left him behind.
I missed. Then I lost the roll in a cut-and-paste error. Take my word for it.
Attack: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
1D8+3 = [8]+3 = 11

Croc Tail (1 Legendary, 2 multiattack actions) vs Zander, Morguard3, & Loklafd. (What the..!? That's terrible!)
Attack: 1D20+9 = [1]+9 = 10
2D10+5 = [8, 3]+5 = 16
1D20+9 = [1]+9 = 10
2D10+5 = [7, 7]+5 = 19
1D20+9 = [3]+9 = 12
2D10+5 = [9, 5]+5 = 19

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads