D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn shouldered his pack again and followed Mord, finding the descent somewhat awkward. He's grown too used to the cart. And he hadn't considered the Lathandar's reaction to Mord's servants either. He was going soft with age.

He paused momentarily to re-summon Sooty. The little bat, peeking from a fold in the cloak, started scanning the room.

OOC: Sooty has blind sense 60 feet.

Mord's words to the Knight has been smooth - he'd have to be to get away with this for long. He gave Mord a thin, knowing smile - and then installed himself in front of Mord's servants, trying keep them somewhat out of sight with his larger frame. He considered a veil of some sort, but decided against it - sometimes the simplest ruses were the best, in part because they were deniable.

So the Wizard Imani hung out with necromancers and Cormyrian exiles (why else would a knight of cormyr be here?). Interesting fellow that one.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
To add to Kalorn's amusement, the next level of the four-level townhouse held two rooms, on either side of the stairway that switched back and continued downward. One door was closed, and presumably locked, but the other door was open to reveal a red-bearded dwarf with a bedchamber behind him.

"Och, ye startled me. We've guests, da we? Well, I'm a guest here meself. This floor's got th'rooms. Doonstairs ye'll find the libraerie an' the mess hall. Keep on and ye'll coom ta the wae oot, if'n yer headin' fer the street." said the dwarf before remembering his manners, "Oh, aye. Jekk Ironfist at yer service."

Jekk.png

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn, of Mulmaster

He then continued in passable Dwarf

Well met. I thank you for the directions. We are not here for long, and I am unsure as to your role in this quest. Isteval is coming and will explain, if need be. Perhaps our meeting will be extended?

He did not offer his service - one never did such a thing in Dwarven, unless one truly meant it. His companion of 3 years on the road, Karl Irongut, had taught him dwarven and some of their ways. Alas, Karl had been slain by a troll he and Kalorn had been hired to get rid of. Kalorn had barely prevailed - had the scars to show it - and had been unable to save Karl. He had worked alone since then.

He pointed to the others following him behind him. I must move on, and kept following Mord. Mord, there is a mess hall downstairs, he called out to his companion ahead.

Companion. Ha. Sure they seemed capable, but so had been Karl.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Thank you, Sesto replied to Isteval, with a big grin on his face. And may Lathander's Light shine on you.
Sesto stepped out of the teleportation circle to let others through. It is encouraging to see a man of the Faith here. I have hope for our quest.
Sesto continued downstairs with his belongings and heard a voice in thick Dwarvish accent. Thank you, Sesto muttered, I am Sesto, and continued past the dwarf without more than glancing at him. Sesto didn't like dwarves. He had spent some time in a small Dwarven community and learned there language and ways of living. He found them far too rowdy and they drank too much... and too often for his liking. Still, he hadn't forgotten his manners and thanked the dwarf for the information.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As the last person arrived and the portal closed, some were already moving downstairs. Isteval called out, "If you need anything, let me know. I understand that you did not expect to be in Daggerford today, nor yet to be on your way so quickly. I have much in the way of basic travelling gear that you may need, and if I don't have it, you may purchase it at the Market. Tell them that Isteval is sending you on a quest, and they will bill me directly."

Folks passing Jekk one flight down could make out Isteval's clear barritone as he called. They also clearly heard Jekk remark, "Aye, that'll have the Bard's ears perk oop, that it will."

Then Jekk saw Alhana coming down the stairs, and he bowed and said, "M'lady."

OOC: Mord can easily get some good solid backpacks from Isteval's stash of adventuring gear. They can come with some basic kits if you like too, such as climbing kits or explorers' packs. I don't think he'll go as far as stashing a ton of weapons about, but it can be negotiated. I think it might be best not to draw that much attention to them, though. Anyone want to do anything in Daggerford before we set out? I'm trying to find a balance between letting you do what you want, and rushing along to the first exciting bit.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord took Sir Isteval up on his offer, though he didn't ask him directly. Instead he made his way to the market with servants in tow and purchased a Dungeoneers pack for each in Isteval's name.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn furrowed his brow.

"We'll only know for certain what we will need once our mission if finalized. But in the meantime... Loklafd, how far is the trip from here to the ship? Any supplies we will need? - you're the guide, after all".

"Of course," Kalorn added, turning to Isteval "you can never have too much potions of healing..."

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus' shoulder twitched at the improper grammar. Too many potions of healing, he thought. Not too much. But he kept quiet.

"I need nothing," he said. "Except maybe a meal. I haven't eaten in two or three weeks. It would be nice to start this out with a full belly."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loklafd smiled, "It's a simple thing: a trip of about four leagues downriver. It should take us no more than that many hours. The Frostskimmr will be waiting for us near to Rock Island Tower. I left them there to keep busy by exploring the outskirts of the Lizard Marsh. We will find them before the day is done if we leave soon."

Isteval laughed when Kalorn mentioned healing potions, "That is true. Though I am afraid I do not have any at the moment. They can be found at Morninglow Tower and I am not welcome there at this time. They are sometimes available elsewhere, but we have used up that supply recently."

Imani said to Primus, "Did you not have anything at the Tower? I had quite the spread available to you, I thought."

Remove ads