• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn had been impressed by the coordination of the plan so far, but of course something had to go wrong.

"Lorenn, send that owl even higher, it will be able to see for dozens of miles. Let's find that ship. I'll have Sooty keep an eye close"

Behind him, the mordguard creaked.

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus looked down at the kayaks, having never ridden in one. He looked around, for a moment, seeing what the others were doing. Then he shrugged.

Normally, he focused on maintaining his body, eleminating the need to eat, sleep or even breath and allowing him to subsist on his psionic energy. But he dropped that Focus, glad for his impromptu meal from before, and drew his attention to the Noosphere, that strange place where the minds of men interconnected. He felt the expertise in the men around him, and throughout the world, in handling water craft, and drew that in himself.

Instantly, he knew what he needed to do. He grabbed the Kayak with his partner and got in, keeping pace with the others as if he'd, perhaps not been born on the water, but at least had experience in it.

OOC:
Bonus Action to change Focus from Adaptive Body to Nomadic Mind, picking up proficiency in Vehicles (Water)

HP: 59
AC: 12 (16 with Inertial Armor)
PP: 44/44

Str: 8
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 20
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

Skills: Insight, Perception, Arcana, History
Breadth of Knowledge: Acrobatics, Athletics

Current Focus: Nomadic Mind: Vehicles (Water)

Fradak

Explorer
"It's ok, Eko. You can trust him. His name is Sooty. No, he will not eat you. No, I don't know if he likes bananas. No, I don't want to ask his master. Yes, you can try to talk to him but I don't know if he'll talk back to you. Now go higher and tell me if you see something special. I don't know... Like a boat or something not at its place. Yes, you'll get a banana if you find it. "

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
OOC:
"It's ok, Eko. You can trust him. His name is Sooty. No, he will not eat you. No, I don't know if he likes bananas. No, I don't want to ask his master. Yes, you can try to talk to him but I don't know if he'll talk back to you. Now go higher and tell me if you see something special. I don't know... Like a boat or something not at its place. Yes, you'll get a banana if you find it. "
Do you have a flying monkey or something???

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It was easy enough for Eko the Owl to find the Frostskimmr about a mile away down one of the larger waterways. Lorenn relayed the information, and the group followed the most direct route, until they could see the mast of the ship over a muddy hill about two hundred yards away. Primus sensed it even before the sound carried over the water - the crew of the ship were doing battle with a large group of lizardfolk. As the group approached, an enormous crocodile climbed over the muddy hill. On its back was something like a howda - a wooden platform built for battle - with a group of lizardfolk warriors aboard. The patform was built up with shields for defense, and it stayed relatively steady as the crocodile slid into the water. One of the lizardfolk blew a horn and the warriors made ready to fire a volley of arrows at the newly arrived kayaks.

OOC: I wrote this once before and lost it. My earlier one was better. I'll be back with a map and a round-starter. Hang in there.

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Begin Round One

GM: Trust me! It'll be fun!
[sblock=Party (PCs)]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP * Notes
Primus (N3) PP19 AC11(16) HP 59/59
Alhana (Y7) PP14* AC17 HP 68/68
Mord (N4) PP11dv AC14 HP 51/51
Lorenn (Q8) PP14* AC17(20) HP 54/54
Sesto (AB3) PP15 AC18* HP 59/59
Kalorn (T5) PP15 AC16(21)* HP 63/63
Zander (Q7) PP10 AC19* HP 84/84
[/sblock]
[sblock=Allies (NPCs)]
Loklafd (Y6) PP12 AC14 HP 58/58
Mordguard1 (N5) PP9* AC14 HP 13/13
Mordguard2 (T7) PP9* AC14 HP 13/13
Mordguard1 (AB4) PP9* AC14 HP 13/13
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies (BGs)]
Croczilla (AE24AI38)
Warchief (AG28)
Lizardfolk1 (AF28)
Lizardfolk2 (AG29)
Lizardfolk3 (AF30)
Lizardfolk4 (AG30)
Lizardfolk5 (AE31)
Lizardfolk6 (AF32)
[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry about how small the map is. There's too much to fit in! Let me know if you need a zoom. Oh, I should mention: All those rock-looking things ARE rocks, but most of them are below the water and not a big deal in this fight.

[sblock=Map]
Croc1.png
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord watched the giant Croc Crest the hill with a platform full of lizardmen. A dark smile lit upon the warlocks lips as he drew a wicked looking onyx dagger from a hidden sheath inside of his outer robe. The blade caught the light of the sun for a moment as he raised it to point in the direction of the lizardmen. A moment later a globe of blackness engulfed the front of the crock as well as it's passengers. It was too far away from any of the party to hear the ambient sounds of the spell, but Mord simply sat, awaiting the sonnet to come satisfying screams of confusion and terror that should soon be emanating from the zone.

OOC: Action: Cast Hunger of Hadar at 'about AF 29'? Hard to be sure but planning to catch all the lizards and at least provide a temporary screen to block the croc's vision of the party.

Any creature starting their turn in the zone takes [roll0] Cold damage. Any creature ending their turn in it must save Dex DC 16, or take [roll1] Acid damage. All creatures fully inside the zone are 'Blinded'. (Although, Mord's Devil's sight let's him see even through magical darkness and he's watching to see how they handle it.)

1/2 spell slots used.

Fradak

Explorer
"Ok, let's dance!"

Lorenn jumped off his boat, throwing a board under his feet, and swiftly slid over the water as if he was riding an invisible wave. Arrows were pouring on him but the Bladedancer started to zigzag creating a wake behind his flying board. With a single gesture, a spell was cast toward the Croczilla and his load. The white ball flew in the air and expanded as it reached the wooden platform, forming a wide and sticky spider web.

OOC: Movement: 50 feet toward croczilla
Bonus Action: Bladesong
Action: cast Web on platform (20 foot cube, DEX 14)
Réaction: Shield (if hit 20-24)
[sblock]You conjure a mass of thick, sticky webbing at a point of your choice within range. The webs fill a 20-foot cube from that point for the Duration. The webs are difficult terrain and lightly obscure their area.

If the webs aren't anchored between two solid masses (such as walls or trees) or layered across a floor, wall, or ceiling, the conjured web collapses on itself, and the spell ends at the start of your next turn. Webs layered over a flat surface have a depth of 5 feet.

Each creature that starts its turn in the webs or that enters them during its turn must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is Restrained as long as it remains in the webs or until it breaks free.

A creature Restrained by the webs can use its actions to make a Strength check against your spell save DC. If it succeeds, it is no longer Restrained.

The webs are flammable. Any 5-foot cube of webs exposed to fire burns away in 1 round, dealing 2d4 fire damage to any creature that starts its turn in the fire.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]HP: 54/54 HD: 3/3d8 - 5/5d6
AC: 17 (+3 Bladesong) (+5 Shield)
PP: 14
=============
Bladesong: 1/2
Arcane Recovery: 1/1
Spell slots:
1st: 4/4
2nd: 2/3
3rd: 3/3
Concentration: Web