D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dandin, Tommi, & Enseth

Dandin yelled at the goblin just as it was about to stab its fiendish blade at one of the prisoners. It turned around with a sneer on its face, which quickly turned into broken teeth as Tommi's stone struck it in the face. The goblin fell to the ground as Jynn's boy ran over to heroically stand between it and the prisoners (in case it was still a threat). It was not.

Enseth marched over to the last of the goblins and before the creature could run for its life, the big shield guardian had squashed it into a paste with his battle-fist.

There was a moment where everyone looked around for trouble, and finding that their was none, the woman prisoner turned to Tommi and said, "Thank you. We are very grateful for the rescue!"

Fight over.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin strode up and bowed to the former captives. With a disarming smile on his lips, he struck a bit of a heroic pose, almost comical for a two and a half foot tall halfling and then gave a bow. "Happy to help, we came to check in on Jukouln. Seems we were too late to do any real good. I'm Dandin Applesbane, and we're The Doughty Daggerfordians. We can talk later, best to get back under the cover of forest before any of their friends come sniffing around."

Taking a glance around the devastation, Dandin notes the 3 goblin corpses but decides that discretion is best at this point and decides not to go scrounging for loot beyond maybe snipping some coin pouches on their way back to the rest area.

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm Dandin Applesbane, and we're The Doughty Daggerfordians.

Titus sheaths his sword, woozy from his injury.

“Good gods, are we really calling ourselves that?” He mutters under his breath. He finds a tree stump and pulls a strip of cloth from his pack and begins trying to stop the bleeding. He’s been a “Doughty Daggerfordian” for a very short time, but has managed to gather an impressive number of wounds and scars. And now he’d have a limp. Wonderful.

Fradak

Explorer
"Congratulations, you have been rescued." said Enseth monotonously before he scanned the survivors. "Multiple contusions, exhaustion and severe dehydration. We should find a safe place to rest and take care of those people."

"Oh, and what do we do with this Worg? I do not have any entries about prisoners treatment during war time."

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Forest/The Bump
Morning
Round 0

With the foes dead, Angis retrieves his hand axes and crossbow.

“We kill ‘em,” Angis told Enseth when he wondered what to do with the sleeping worg. He walked over to the worg and hacked its head off. “Ain’t nae guid t’ anyone, jus’ evil if ‘e wakes up.”

Angis cleaned his weapons and went over to Tommi. “Ye done guid, boyo,” the dwarf said, examining the boy’s wound and field dressing. “I’m sorry I dunnae ‘ave any spells t’ ‘eal ye until t’morrow. Mebbe Drui does.”

Angis looked to the townsfolk. “An’ wot d’we dae wi’ them. Ye all ‘ave a safe place ye c’n gae?” he asked.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions: Hunter’s Mark (???), Bless (7r, from Enseth)
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 22/22 HD: 1/2d10+2

Bolts: 15
Bolts used:

Spells
1) 0/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi is overwhelmed with the thrill o fthe fight, and the thanks that everyone is offering.

"Thanks, Angis," is the first thing he says. The dwarf's commendation means a lot to him, and he accepts it gratefully. "Yes."

Tommi hasn't yet felt the pain from his wound, and tries to focus instead on others. "I think Titus is hurt."

As Dandin steps forward to introduce himself, Tommi gratefully stepped aside, and reached for a waterskin. He spekas gently to the prisoners, "You all must be thirsty. Please, have a drink."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The prisoners took offerings of water gratefully. Soon a loud whistling noise announced the arrival of the elves, at a full run.

"There were a few more hobgoblins than we would have liked," announced Averiel as her group joined up, "They are a ways behind, but are coming. Together, I expect we could take them. Or we could disappear into the forest without a trace (Tarthagal is superb at masking trails) and we could find a place to rest for the night."

The sky was beginning to darken as the sun dropped behind the Bump. There was, perhaps, an hour of daylight remaining.

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus looks up, his hand on his sword. “Death has been dogging my heels for weeks now. I’d rather not let him catch me just yet.”

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi looks almost sad at the news. He doesn't want to say no to Avariel.

"I'll go if you need me to," he offers. He'd like a chance to rest, but he also knows that he's better while there's still light. "As long as these people here are safe, and Titus is alright."

Remove ads