• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) The Chaos principle

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well, Lady Susanna, I am a traveler and I carry all I have with me, however ostentacious it might be. I was just in the city to do some research after visiting my parents when all this broke loose... Oh! My apologies to the rest of you, my name is Quillia and this one here in my lap is Preena. What might your names be?"

*When the squire announces that sladdi are attacking the palace, Quillia starts visibly. While Waterdeep contains a great deal of powerful individuals to deal with such a threat, weren't all of the assembled company brought here to help?*

"Do they need help?" she cries, more than a bit alarmed.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Well, Lady Susanna, I am a traveler and I carry all I have with me, however ostentacious it might be. I was just in the city to do some research after visiting my parents when all this broke loose... Oh! My apologies to the rest of you, my name is Quillia and this one here in my lap is Preena. What might your names be?"

"I am Harald Triggvisson. You might have heard of the Panzerbjorn? The Armored Bear? No? Hear that, Valkur? I told you I wasn't as well know as all that, but did you listen?" He appears to be talking to his right hand.

Zerth

First Post
Dalaa Gand, Githzerai Monk

The gray-robed Githzerai raises his head, when the slaadi are mentioned. Quillia is quicker to respond, however, so the monk just stares at the squire as if waiting for an answer from him.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Armored... Bear...?" Quillia says slowly, looking at the large man talking to his hand with some concernation.

Has the chaos affected his mind?

"And who is Valkur?" she inquires.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Armored... Bear...?" Quillia says slowly, looking at the large man talking to his hand with some concernation.

Has the chaos affected his mind?

"And who is Valkur?" she inquires.

"Valkur? He's a god. This," he displays an ornate ring, carved of coral, chased with silver, and set with a sapphire that glows with St. Elmo's Fire, "Is a ring that insists on being addressed by the same name. I think it used to belong to him, or be a part of him. As for the name Panzerbjorn, well . . ." He begins yawning, stretching his arms. The yawn continues, his jaw opening wide to display canines the size of small bananas, and his torso elongating, as his entire body grows to a height of 15 feet. His massive beard seems to flow over his body, covering it with long, shaggy fur Before you now stands a tremendous bear, with roughly humanoid legs and hands. The numerous magical items he carries remain on him, most prominently the breastplate he wears. "Does this answer your question?," rumbles the mountain of fur and muscle.

Velmont

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
He begins yawning, stretching his arms. The yawn continues, his jaw opening wide to display canines the size of small bananas, and his torso elongating, as his entire body grows to a height of 15 feet. His massive beard seems to flow over his body, covering it with long, shaggy fur Before you now stands a tremendous bear, with roughly humanoid legs and hands. The numerous magical items he carries remain on him, most prominently the breastplate he wears. "Does this answer your question?," rumbles the mountain of fur and muscle.

Kharas seems surprised by the transformation. "By Selune, a Lycanthrope! Well, I have heard that werebears were good peoples, and if you are invited here, I suppose those rumors weren't wrong. May Selune watch over you, lad."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Velmont said:
Kharas seems surprised by the transformation. "By Selune, a Lycanthrope! Well, I have heard that werebears were good peoples, and if you are invited here, I suppose those rumors weren't wrong. May Selune watch over you, lad."

"It's not that werebears are good people, lad. Some are, some aren't, just like Dalemen. I've just done some things that got a bit of notice."

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Right after Haralds change you all hear a gasp from the serving girl right before she passes out.

About the same time Khelben walks into the room. Looks around the room carefully, sees the serving girl lying on the ground and motions for a pair of guards to remove her carefully from the room.

"Welcome all and thanks for answering my invitation. as you are aware things have gotten a bit strange of late we just had to stop a good dozen Slaadi from assaulting the palace." He pauses for a moment, "Demons have been seen all over the lands. This must be stopped, thru research we believe we have determined that some type of gate or gates have been opened to Pandemonium and possibly the Abyss." He pauses to let this sink in. "We had hoped maybe the six of you could find and close this gate." He takes a sip of wine. "Do you feel you can acomplish this??"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Wynter Wolf said:
"Demons have been seen all over the lands. This must be stopped, thru research we believe we have determined that some type of gate or gates have been opened to Pandemonium and possibly the Abyss." He pauses to let this sink in. "We had hoped maybe the six of you could find and close this gate." He takes a sip of wine. "Do you feel you can acomplish this??"

"I can track as well as any man born, but finding this thing may be more a task for mages than warriors. If it's a strong arm you need, though, you'll find none stronger."

Wilphe

Adventurer
<Catchup>

"I'm half expecting a half-deity childe of the patron of vanity to explode into the room drowning us all in a sea of ego"
Takarna looks at the newly arrived warrior and his empty pitcher, "Only half?"

He shrugs at the squire, "I am sure that if he thought we were needed for that he would ask us. Thank you for keeping us informed."

The spiced wine is gently sipped and savoured as he cradles the cup. The gith's bow is returned politely but his solitude respected. As the other's present seem set on mutual introductions however, he feels obliged to reciprocate, "I am known as Takarna. It is my life's work to bring the art to those who shun it."

-----------------​

"I think should you require mages, there are at least two of us present. My martial skill is more than the usual wizardly minimum also, but I have spent more time with my books than in the wilds."

Takarna fixes Khelben with an inquistive but non-committal air,
"Do you have an idea what caused these gates? Or any handle as to their locations?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads