D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Escape," Aanzu commands the miners and everyone else he thinks is mostly incapable of defending themselves (which includes almost everyone except himself, Icosa, Harfik and the giantess). The dragonborn prince gathers everyone and helps them get out of this place.

OOC: Full-round helping others escape the elevator, using the Help action where needed. Aanzu will follow only when everyone except those mentioned are out of here.

Archon Basileus

First Post
As the heroes climb, the entire elevator becomes unstable. Shivering, the structure makes it difficult to climb, demanding even more alacrity from the travelers. Towards the roof, the walls around offer scarce places to lodge, forcing everyone into a steep climb, at best. At least the many steel structures will serve as impulse points...

Embla and the miners are the last ones to climb, closely followed by Tink. The child is once more fasted to the giantess' body, and the warrior extends the help to Lyllie, carrying her up on account of her changed form. She doesn't feel particularly comfortable - odds are she might even be unaware of what a wolf is - but she refuses to leave Lyllie behind.

As soon as the group finishes the climb, though, the entire piece collapses, dragging twenty feet down as a deafening noise fills the elevator shaft! The piece lingers, still struggling to maintain itself, and from within the noise of steel plaques being broken and removed can be heard, as if something finally climbed inside...

[Ok, I need a climbing test from you guys! Failure means a desperate strength save against DC 14. Otherwise you'd have to face the fall! Remember that those unable to climb have to be carried. Tink, the golem, Embla or anyone else can do so. The entrance to the next floor is some thirty feet above, and there, hopefully the console you seek! Also, [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION], no worries! The battle's over and you're all on your way towards the console, basically. I've been a bit out myself, so... :)
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: how fast can I get out of the machine? Can I fix its hands up to aid in climbing? Can the machine climb?

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

Harfik looks up as he helps the other slaves out of the elevator removing the rope from his pack and slinging it across his body over his shoulder. When ready he springs into action bounding from wall to wall up the shaft as far as he can before he needs to come to a landing to regain momentum and breath.

OOC:
Going up as high as I can at a normal pace. If I get to the top I will start to lower the rope next turn, if I'm not at the door we wanted to get out of I will keep going next turn.
Parcour up the elevator shaft: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa lunges away from the breaking piece as soon as he hears the shriek of anguished metal. He attempts to brace himself so as not to follow it into the deep dark below...

Athletics [roll0]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Athletics [roll0]

So... DC14, is it? Or is that the DC for the check upon failing the climb? Asking for a friend...

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
After Harfik leaps towards the upper entrance, he realizes it's half open. He can squeeze through, finding a nearby beam to serve as support for the rope. As soon as the monk fastens the rope to the chosen point, though, he notices movement within the room, asif something crawled towards him from behind a set of drywalls! He can hear a muffled set of dragged steps - or serpentine crawling - coming towards the door!

Underneath, the sounds of explosion are invigorated, and suddenly the elevator's roof begins to suffer even more, as a hissing soound anticipates the melting of lines on the metal around the door! Something seems to be scorching the plaques, in order to open way upwards!

[Ok, after the rope descends, DC for athletics is 10, but before it's 15... So both Icosa and Aanzu need the strength save (against 14) to resist the fall! Anyone can also help by rolling a strength save against 16 to save one of them - they are, after all, heavy warriors! As for Thulwar, he can leave the machine with his movement for the turn, having the action intact - he'll slide out of the cabin, given his size. The machine can climb, though, and other functions might be available if he manages a second intelligence test to recognize commands. At this state, the climb would be a bit clumsy, to say the least, but manageable. Also, if using the golem, Thulwar can roll against intelligence to do the climb - DC 15, and probable damage to the walls.]

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thulwar sets the machine to anchor the cabin and hopefully hold it in place for the critical few moments before it plunges down and comes climbing with Tink. Both are used to tight spaces and tunnel climbing and metal hooks on the machine help immensly. Both are up essentially at the same time the agile monk throws the rope.

Thulwar anchors the rope on Tink which then moves backwards slowly, pulling those who hold on the line.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Remove ads