D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: I am envisioning this as an elevator car stuck between two floors, with the doors half open, and the bad guys on the outside trying to make the box fall with us still inside it. Is that accurate? I'll admit I'm still super tired and medicated, so there is a great chance I'm not understanding correctly. Are we able just to step out? If we're stuck between floors, are these bad guys on the lower floor or higher floor messing with the elevator? Lyllie can get out of the elevator no problem, my concern is getting everyone else out as well.

Oh.. I'm back, btw. Hopefully I can stay focused long enough to participate.

Archon Basileus

First Post
[MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION], that is pretty much it! The bad guys are on the lower floor. Welcome back! I hope everything is ok! If you need us, please give us a shout!]

EVERYONE

Thulwar's plan works, at least in part. As the smoke mounts up, the beam gets weakened. The golem tries it once, twice more, testing it against the surface, but soon ceases his attempts! In response, he claws the transparent circular doors of the elevator, pulling them apart as he tries to open way inside!

On the opposite side, Aanzu leaps forward through the fissure, managing to climb the beast as he goes. Having a closer look at it allows him to see that there's an empty seat just where the head and part of the chest should be, almost as if the golem served as a huge armor to someone willing to make it move. Now, though, the entity attacks on its own, without any command!

Behind the heroes, Yttrian shoots at the golem's arm as it tries to pry the doors open, but misses! After the shot, Tink follows, using his claws to try and let loose the doors, wrestling the beast that attempts to hold it open! The slaves pull back, two of them climbing towards the elevator's roof while another pair takes care of the child.

Seeing Aanzu's bravery, Embla lets out a warcry and advances, charging the same arm Tink wrestles! With extreme brutality, she hits it, denting the metal while letting shards fly from the improvised sword she now uses!

[Ok, we still need Icosa and Harfik, and we're good to go! Sorry for the delay. My wife's grandmother has to go through surgery, and I'm working to make it happen - it's kind of urgent and healthcare here sucks, so... Thanks for the patience and please don't give up on me! :)]
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

The spots in his eyes thinning everything still blurry and not really able to see Harfik vaguely makes out forms trying to get out of the elevator, they sound like the miners that were with them and Emblas baby can be heard from that direction as well. He stumbles over with his back against the wall. Lacing his fingers together and creating a strong stance he offers up his body as something for them to climb up.

"GO!"

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa moves to help offer cover to any of the noncombatants that Harfink is helping escape, then aims his peculiar 'shoulder cannon' at the looming, bulky figure of the golem. A pair of bright blasts of energy discharge into its center of mass!

(keepin' it simple, sorry for long delay; Eldritch Blast.
- [roll0] atk for [roll1] damage.
- [roll2] atk for [roll3] damage.)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Lyllie shrieks as the creature tries to wrestle its way through the elevator doors. After Icosa's impressive display, however, she quickly composes herself; she takes a deep breath, and pounds the elevator floor with the end of her staff--the resulting sound of the wood on the elevator material is foreign to her, but she maintains her composure. For a brief moment her staff glows in her tiny hands, but quickly fades to normal. Then, without warning, she picks up the staff with both hands and swings it with all of her gnomish might!

OOC: Bonus action: cast Shillelagh
Action: Melee attack vs. whatever is closest: Hits AC [roll0] for [roll1] damage. The target must make a DC 15 CON save or have disadvantage for 1 hour on any ability check or saving throw that uses Strength or Constitution.

Also, IF the attack hits, I will use one charge of the Staff of Withering to deal [roll2] necrotic damage.

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]52[/COLOR]/52
[B]Initiative:[/B] +3
[B]Saves:[/B] INT +7, WIS +5
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 15
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Gnomish, Sylvan, Druidic
[B]Skills:[/B] Arcana +7, Investigation +7, Nature +7, Perception +5
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 8 (-1), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 14 (+2), Int 18 (+4), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 11 (+0)
[B]XP:[/B]14,075 / 23,000

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Yes, [ ] No
-[B]Wild Shape[/B] [ ] 1st use, [ ] 2nd use

[B]Spell Save DC:[/B] 13/15
[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 4, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B] 3, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (4/8) 
[list]
[*]1st Level: 1st Level: Healing Word (D), Entangle (D), Faerie Fire (D), Speak with Animals (D), Ray of Sickness, Color Spray, 
Mage Armor, Witch Bolt, False Life
[*]2nd Level: Blindness/Deafness, Ray of Enfeeblement, Misty Step
[/list](D) Druid Spells modified with Wisdom. All others are Wizard spells modified with Intelligence.

[B]Rituals[/B]
Tenser's Floating Disk, Find Familiar, Identify, Gentle Repose

[URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?558266-THE-CURSE-OF-AMBERSTAR-ROGUE-S-GALLERY&p=7144213&viewfull=1#post7144213"]Full character sheet[/URL]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

Shot after shot, the golem rescinds, hammered by both Lyllie's and Icosa's strikes. The creature's metal joints moan under the heaviness of the attacks, the armor burning and twisting under techonologic and magic effects alike. The second golem responds immediately. He rushes against the side of the elevator, his mighty body clashing against the transparent doors with full strength, shaking the entire floor and bringing the glass to shatter! The bruised golem does the same, the combined shocks shattering the walls against the heroes, spreading shards all over the place! The elevator moans once more, and the humming sound from underneath is suddenly substituted by the continous hiss of saws against metal! The platform becomes more unstable at every moment! Under such strength and stress, it won't hold up for long!

As the shards fly around, the miners fall down from their climb, their skin cut where the glass touched them. The child yells at full lungs as the two miners that protected it jumped between it and the deadly pieces that flew all around! They, too, bleed from freshly-made cuts, as Yttrian approaches, checking the child and crying a 'kid's ok' to Embla. The giantess avoids the worse of it and keeps pushing alongside the warriors, helping Tink as the machine menaces the agitated golems!

[Ok, new round! To dodge the glass shards, give me a DEX save against DC 13, everyone! In case of failure, you'll take 1d6 points of damage! Also, give me your actions! I'll count yours first, and then theirs, assuming you beat them for initiative!]

[Also, granny's surgery got rescheduled to Friday. This is why I've been silent for the last couple of days. All good now! We resume normal pacing! Sorry again, guys!]

@Neurotic @Greenmtn @Shayuri @JustinCase @industrygothica @hafrogman

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Tink, finish it!" Thulwar cries while he spends his time studying the other machine. Which part would be best to hit to disable the creature? Just burn it with acid? But it is a machine of some kind...maybe he could deactivate it?

While he thinks, hook horror swings powerfully and two machines clang powerfully together. Powerful, sharp hooks of alchemically hardened metal get the better deal as the blades pierce the exoskeleton and slice into machine innards.

Deciding the best way to prevent machine doing damage is from the inside, Thulwar clambers on the back of the machine and after some effort manages to plop down onto the seat. Too big as is everything in this surface world. But he is free to control he machine or destroy it from the inside. If only he could figure it quickly.

[sblock=Actions]
Tink
Attack: Tink claw attack vs machine; damage: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21;2D6+5 = [4, 4]+5 = 13

Thulwar
Move: Acrobatics: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10 <-- I'm guessing he either didn't climb or got hit by an opportunity attack :)

Action (another move): Acrobatics - second move: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20

If the first move somehow succeeded then use this check to figure out how the machine works.
Tinker tools INT check: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21
[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Seeing the giant machine operate without apparent pilot, Aanzu realizes one could possibly gain control over the golem thing. However, he has always lacked the patience of operating machinery and thus unsubtly swings his mighty sword at what appears to be the operating board.

"Metal things are made for using," the dragonborn prince yells at Thulwar, not realizing the gnome is already taking his place in the driver seat of another such construct.

OOC: Attacking the machine Aanzu is balancing on top of: [roll0]
Does the strange angle of attacking grant me advantage? If so: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Dex save: [roll3]
Upon fail, I take [roll4] damage from falling glass.

Archon Basileus

First Post
[We'll go for advantage, [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]!]

EVERYONE

Aanzu's attack hits the creature heavily as it shambles back, trying to graple the prince from its back with great concern! the arms almos reach for Aanzu, but the prince manages to dodge!

Around the second creature, Thulwar now occupies the pilot's seat. The beast tried to attack him as he approached, but Tink's claws protected the gnome, allowing him to take place after slipping a bit. Glancing at the panel, the gnome tries to make sense of the machine. Curiously, the controls are moving on their own! This brings up some concern to Thulwar, but allows him to understand how it operates a lot easier.

Still... It seems that this machine would not be operational unless someone was actually controlling it from the seat. At least, it was not conceived to be working without a pilot...

The saw noise grows to a maximum and before the heroes can notice, the floor bursts open, metal plaques being thrown to the side to give space for armored hands that appear at the crevices just opened! The arms - which owners are still not visible - reach out for Lyllie and Harfik, attacking with strange metallic clubs. Simultaneously, a strange, metal sphere is thrown up, near Icosa, emitting a short-circuit noise, as if ready to explode!

Lyllie gets hit by the strange rod, a shockwave crossing her body! Harfik escapes the same fate by a small margin, still safe as the darkness fades from his vision!

[Lyllie takes five points of electric damage from the stunner.]

[Ok, we have Aanzu and Thulwar over the golems, miners down, the giantess at the front with Aanzu. Harfik should be recovering from the blind effect, Lyllie and Icosa still have actions.]
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Dex save DC 13: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17

Lyllie manages to dodge the flying glass, but the electric rod catches her off guard. She ducks through the broken elevator doors, and calls upon the power of the moon to do something she hasn't done in a long, long time.

An ethereal howl echos through the chamber and Lyllie's small, lithe form begins to twist and pop and contort into unnatural angles. Her childlike features begin to change and morph into... something. It all happens in an instant, though one would swear time stood still during the process. But soon, where the tiny gnome once stood, a large dire wolf, complete with solid white eyes and a scarred face, has taken her place. The wolf snarls, and snaps at the mechanized creature.

OOC: Attack machine (with advantage, due to Pack Tactics):Bite vs Machine: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22; 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15

Damage: 2D6+3 = [6, 5]+3 = 14

So the attacks hits AC 22 for 14 piercing damage. Also, the machine has to make a DC 13 Strength save or be knocked prone.

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]47[/COLOR]/52
[B]Initiative:[/B] +3
[B]Saves:[/B] INT +7, WIS +5
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 15
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Gnomish, Sylvan, Druidic
[B]Skills:[/B] Arcana +7, Investigation +7, Nature +7, Perception +5
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 8 (-1), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 14 (+2), Int 18 (+4), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 11 (+0)
[B]XP:[/B]14,075 / 23,000

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Yes, [ ] No
-[B]Wild Shape[/B] [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] 1st use, [ ] 2nd use

[B]Spell Save DC:[/B] 13/15
[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 4, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B] 3, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (4/8) 
[list]
[*]1st Level: 1st Level: Healing Word (D), Entangle (D), Faerie Fire (D), Speak with Animals (D), Ray of Sickness, Color Spray, 
Mage Armor, Witch Bolt, False Life
[*]2nd Level: Blindness/Deafness, Ray of Enfeeblement, Misty Step
[/list](D) Druid Spells modified with Wisdom. All others are Wizard spells modified with Intelligence.

[B]Rituals[/B]
Tenser's Floating Disk, Find Familiar, Identify, Gentle Repose

[URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?558266-THE-CURSE-OF-AMBERSTAR-ROGUE-S-GALLERY&p=7144213&viewfull=1#post7144213"]Full character sheet[/URL]

Remove ads