• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] The Odd Job

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Kerzoth/Ivanhoe/Smith
Morning
Round 0

Hrgach arched an eyebrow. “Your mate should beat you so you know your place,” he growled at Ana. He got up and went to the fire, glaring at the hissing cat. “And you belong in a good stew,” he told the beast.

The rain had stopped, so Odrin sent the apprentice Dave out to fetch wood for the forge. Hrgach settled down with some of the morning gruel and was about to eat when the scream resounded from the direction of the lumber mill.

“Oh, for the love of Bane…” he muttered as everyone rushed out. Without any hurry, he picked up his greatsword and ambled along after, if only to see what the commotion was.

Dave the apprentice came racing toward them. “Turich...coming...woods!” he panted.

“Gods below,” Hrgach growled.

"Turich? What's a Turich?" Ana asked.

“Local bully. Not our problem,” Hrgach said, turning to head back to his breakfast.

[sblock=Actions]
Bonus Action:
Free:
Action:
Move:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Inspiration: 1
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 13/13 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 1/1d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)
[/sblock]

"If he hinders our departure, he is our problem. As bullies are without honor, there is no need to accord him any." Galdar looks for a place to conceal himself.
[sblock=Rolls][roll0][/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Galdar finds a cart piled high with ore, darting behind he hides him self from view.

Turich can be seen clearly now slowly ambling over the slight crest flanked by a couple of his cronies on either side. Turich eyed the dwarf and he stopped walking at the sight of Odrin. His cronies set up postion and took a knee just infront of him crossbows trained on the dwarf. Hows this gonna go short stack? You give me weapons and live? Or I take them and you die? Oh another thing you seen my son? Last I heard he was going to shake down that milk sop your so fond of Turich's voice is calm and has the tone of waves crashing against the rocks, it seems out of place coming from this bald well chiselled Orc he is covered in scars from my battles most obvious of which is the steel spike he has in place of a left foot it rises to the knee. He lofts his greatsword high as he does a timber wolf comes and stands by his side snarling.

Odrin stands stock still hesitation is clear on his face he knows not what to do.

You all notice another one of Turich's men armed with a crossbow attempting to circle around the right side, trying to hide behind a low wall.

OOC: Ok so here's what we got Ana and Odrin are up front about 40ft from the two goons infront of turich and his wolf who are 45ft away. Galdar is hiding behind a cart some 55ft away from Turich and 50ft from the guys in front, he is however within 30ft of the flanking Bowman(who seems unaware of his presence) Hrgach is heading back for his grool and is 70ft away from Turich. The casters are 60ft away. If this displeases anyone post in ooc thread your preferred position. Ana, Galdar and Odrin are locked in position I'm afraid and no one can be further forward than them. The wall on the right stretches from mill to smithy. On the left is a corn field with corn about 4ft high. Hope this helps

Asha follows the others in the direction of the screams. When she sees the large off and the wolf she curses under her breath. This was the trouble she had hoped to avoid. She watches the two crossbowman as the move into position. They were her biggest threat. She begins to pull on her magic as she waits to see what happens.

Ana looks again to the left to see if there's another flanking crossbowman she may have missed before. She glances back at Odrin for a signal. Does he have weapons for Turich or not? She doesn't know what happened last night. She is not surprised to see that coward Hdrach walking away from battle. "What are we doing?" she stage whispers to the dwarf as she looks back to face the main threats.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ana looks again to the left to see if there's another flanking crossbowman she may have missed before. She glances back at Odrin for a signal. Does he have weapons for Turich or not? She doesn't know what happened last night. She is not surprised to see that coward Hdrach walking away from battle. "What are we doing?" she stage whispers to the dwarf as she looks back to face the main threats.
Make me a perception check.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ana doesn't see any threats to her left, she does however notice a 3 crows circling over head... perhaps a omen.

Odrin glances over his shoulder perhaps looking to see if Dave got clear or maybe to see if he has sufficient back up."Only weapons I have are these and well I made them for my master smithing exam and well their mine. For the exam I had to work with unusual materials, I think they turned out nice look" Odrin hurls the axe the full distance between him and the orc a pretty impressive feat in itself perhaps more impressive is the arcing flight path that wizzes over Turich's shoulder.

OOC: got your updated roll. Just hitting the shower I'll post up initiative after this is gonna b a doozy

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads