[IC] The Protectors of Greensfen (Part II)

The Digger

First Post
Joshua’s lips twisted in a wry smile as he noticed the formation the guards had fallen into. “Just the thing” he grunted as he raised his arms and gestured at the ground between his opponents

SRAIRA DRASIS ISCHYROL” his words hurt the ear and the eye and a roiling flash of light and sound erupted between the guards. Almost instantaneously, flying shards of some arcane force shout out in all directions, somehow missing all of Joshua’s companions but thudding into the guards.

[sblock=OOC] [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Kraegyn continued to hiss angrily as he faced off against the leader of the guards. He swung his heavy sword in a broad arc, too fast to dodge and too hard to parry easily...

OOC: Minor action to re-apply Divine Challenge against G1, Valiant strike against G1, 1d20+11 vs. AC= 17; possible damage 2d4+5+2= 15; rolls Roll Lookup

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek smiled despite himself, something about this combat stoked the fires of his draconic heritage and his reptilian green betrayed his deadly intent.

OK minor move I will make P4 my hunters quarry, and as my other minor use dragon breath against them both. Then for my standard use twin strike:

Dragon breath Str v reflex (hope that is correct) 7 Meh, just tickled their feet? And 19

Damage 10 Including hunters quarry roll.

ok move to twin strike against p4 - 25 damage 8
Against p3 - 10

Again note I am seeking to subdue not kill, so once they are down I want to keep em out but not permanently.

OOC I am going away on Tue eve 18th I may get access to a computer till 22nd but after that not until the 29th. NT please feel free to keep posting my actions so as not to slow down activity. It feels like we've got some rhythm on and I don't want to slow it on my account. But I'll be posting till Tue in any case.

Ab

nerdytenor

First Post
Karis and Blay are up

OOC: Joshua's attack would cause on opportunity attack from G3 - do you want him to shift north one square first?

Joshua's arcane explosion comes flying up from the ground - two of the guards stagger from the force of the blast (OOC G2 and G4 take 13 damage each) as Blay applauds Joshua for his arcane mastery (OOC Blay grants Joshua 2 tmp hp for bloodying G2).

The exchange of blows between the two biggest combatants continues as Kraegyn's mighty swing hits his target, drawing a great squirt of blood (OOC 15 damage to G1). Now it is the enemy guard's turn to surprise Kraegyn as he fails to fall unconscious from the strength of the dragonborn's blow.

Rellek finishes off the two remaining patrolmen, knocking both unconscious - one with his dragon breath, and one with his battleaxe (OOC So much for P3 and P4 ...)

Though it is dark outside and getting darker, a look of panic can nonetheless be seen rising on the faces of the guards.

Status
Kraegyn (25/46, +2 damage all attacks)
Joshua (20/34 +2 tmp)
Rellek (31/41)
Blay (27/35) <-- Your turn
Karis (15/34) <-- Your turn
G1 (58 damage, divine challenged, kick used)
G2 (40 damage, blinded till end Karis next turn, kick used)
G3 (11 damage, kick used)
G4 (24 damage, blinded till end Karis next turn)

Encounter Resources Used
Blay - 2nd wind
Karis - tumble, bait and switch, used action point, Elven Accuracy
Joshua - Force Orb
Rellek - Dragon Breath

Daily Resources Used
Kraegyn - 6 surges, one action point, inspiring word
Joshua - 2 surges, sleep
Blay - one action point, two surges
Karis - short sword power, one daily magic item power, blinding barrage, one action point
Rellek - 3 surges, one action point

covaithe

Explorer
Blay steps to the southeast, away from the guard who can still see, and strums his bandore, a tangled, un-rhythmic melody that tugs at the feet of Kraegyn's foe, causing him to stumble. He smiles dazzlingly at Karis, quietly praising her maneuver of the previous round, cheering her.

Karis smiles back at Blay almost despite herself, and viciously stabs the blind guard in front of her, preparing a riposte should he attack her in turn.

[sblock=actions]
IC is still down, so please roll for me.

Blay shifts to the southeast, and attacks G1 with Blunder. No OA from G2, since he's blinded at this point. +5 vs. Will, and if it hits, 1d6+4 damage, slide the guard 1 square west, and Kraegyn gets a free melee basic attack with +2 power bonus to hit. Blay then uses majestic word on Karis, healing surge+1d6+3. I think that's his second use of majestic word.

Karis attacks G2 with riposte strike, with her shortsword. +2 from CA (blinded), +1 from nimble blade, for a total of +12 to hit, 1d6+6+2d6+2 damage. If it hits, and G2 attacks Karis before SNT, she makes another attack, +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4.

[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Everyone - your turn

Blay maneuvers into position, and with a mix of magic and music, causes the leader to stumble toward Kraegyn (OOC: Blunder +3 vs will after cover hits Will 16 for1d6+4 = 9 damage), who eagerly takes a broad swing at the disoriented guard (OOC: +11 vs AC hits AC 24 for 2d4+7 =12 damage), slamming him hard.

"Get... them..." the leader says weakly, before tumbling to the ground, unconscious. Karis is renewed as Blay encourages her (OOC: Majestic word heals sv + 3 = 11 and grants 3 tmp hp).

Karis brutally stabs into one of the blinded guards, severely wounding him as he cries out in pain (OOC: +12 vs AC hits AC 24 for 20 damage). The guard's face flashes with panic, but it fades as he recovers from his momentary blindness. Frightened and angry, he slashes hard at Karis, knocking her readied blade out of the way (OOC: riposte +7 vs AC = 14 misses), but failing to connect himself (OOC: G2 +9 vs ac = 13 - miss). He steps delicately between Karis and Blay, setting up his comrade for a flanking attack. (OOC: G2 Shift SE).

"Oi, you!" he shouts, and the other guard takes up the call, surrounding Joshua (OOC: G4 move to west of Joshua). He plants his boot squarely in Blay's midsection, sending the Bard to the ground (OOC: G4 +11 vs Fort hits Fort 16 - Blay is knocked prone) He winds up for a huge overhead swing, but greatly overreaches, and the tip of his blade ends in the dirt, buried (OOC - critical miss)

The remaining guard continues his pursuit of Joshua (OOC: G3 shift NW), and slashes mercilelessly at the wizard, drawing blood (OOC: +9 vs AC hits AC 25 for 1d10+4 = 11 damage. Joshua is bloodied)

Status

Kraegyn (25/46, +2 damage all attacks) <-- Your turn
Joshua (11/34) <-- Your turn
Rellek (31/41) <-- Your turn
Blay (27/35, prone) <-- Your turn
Karis (26/34 +3 tmp) <-- Your turn
G2 (69 damage, kick used)
G3 (11 damage, kick used)
G4 (24 damage, kick used)

Encounter Resources Used
Blay - 2nd wind, Majestic Word one and two, blunder
Karis - tumble, bait and switch, used action point, Elven Accuracy
Joshua - Force Orb
Rellek - Dragon Breath

Daily Resources Used
Kraegyn - 6 surges, one action point, inspiring word
Joshua - 2 surges, sleep
Blay - one action point, two surges
Karis - one surge

Attachments

• outsideandusk5.jpg
    outsideandusk5.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 73

The Digger

First Post
"Swine!" grunted Joshua through gritted teeth. "I'll show you."

"CHROMATUS PHOBIUS" his voice was thick with venom as a spray of multitudinous colour erupted from his fingertips. The whole area between the huts was filled with the technicolour display, covering the nearesr guard aas well as the guard to the west of Blay.

[sblock=OOC]IC still down: Colour SPray +6 vs Will on guard 3 and 4. If hit they are dazed till the end of my next turn and take 1d6+5 damage.[/sblock]

Remove ads