• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC Thread] Delving the Mists

Salzorin

First Post
Quilan lets a dart fly at the dog still standing in an attempt to take him out. Having a hard time finding a good angle to let the dart fly, he gives a toss of the dart with the best shot he can find at the time (RollsAtk: 14, Dmg: 14).

"Omar, you're just wasting your time fighting. Would you rather answer our questions or end up in a body bag?"

Gramcrackered

First Post
Orum, Fighter

Init: 6.
AC: 20.
Position: B8.
Dice Rolls

Attack of Opportunity (Just in Case): To Hit = 25, Damage = 9.

Orum twists his face up into a scowl. This wasn't proper battle for anyone, nonetheless a city guard.
What choice did he really have though? He couldn't help but imagine that Omar was going to be quite willing to let his animals die, even if it served little real purpose.

Grimacing, Orum draws his glaive up high for some more swings at the dogs. Best to simply try to get this over with.

Full Attack on Any Dog; Take a 5' Step to Avoid AoO if Needed: Attack 1 = 16, Damage 1 = 13. Attack 2 = 21, Damage = 15.

Cerebus13

First Post
- Round 2 -

Quilan expertly tosses a dart from the shadows and is able to catch one of the dogs unawares as he pierces it's side.
Anton moves in closer to get a better shot at Omar and is able to connect with it.
The remaining dog moves away from Orum and bites at Anton, tripping him to the ground as it gets a hold on his leg.
Omar moves up behind the dog and takes a shot from his bow at Orum, but it merely bounces off his armor.
Orum steps forward and takes a swing at the remaining dog. His attack cleaves it's head off.

[OOC:
Quilan:
Quilan (Dart) hits (3+12) for 14 HP (3 P + 11 Sneak Attack) of damage
Dog #2 has received 14 hp of P, Sneak Attack damage.
-----------------------------------
Anton:
Anton move action from B9 to A6 (Still takes you within 30' and you avoid provoking AoOs from Dog #2 here).
Anton (Crossbow, light +1 (Merciful), #1) hits (10+8) for 13 HP (10 P, magic + 3 Subdual) of nonlethal damage
Omar has received 13 hp of nonlethal P, magic, Subdual damage.
Dog #2:
5' step from C6 to B5.
(Bite) hits (13+7) AC 20 for 6 HP of damage
Auto-attack: Anton has received 6 hp of S/P/B, damage.
Dog makes free trip attack, his Str check is: 21.
Anton defends a trip: 12 (Roll 10, +2 Str).
Anton goes prone.
Omar:
Move action from E2 to B4.
(Longbow, #1) Natural 1 (1+11) (AC 12) for 5 HP of damage
Auto-attack: Orum is not hit (AC 20).
Orum:
5' step from B8 to B7.
(Glaive +1, #1) hits (5+11) AC 16 for 13 HP of damage
Dog #2 has received 13 hp of S, magic, damage.
Dog #2 has died.
================= Round 2 ==============

I'm using DM Genie now so you'll just have to take my word on what the roll results are, and if any of you would rather stop rolling I can easily automate it with this program now. I took a quick screenshot of the map for this round, go to my tripod.uk webpage to look at it here.

As always if I made any mistakes in where your PC moved please let me know and I will adjust the round accordingly.]

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: I'm fine with you making all the rolls, but I'm not sure you got all the modifiers included in the damage roll. Within 30' I should be doing d8+d6+6 (assuming he's human) If I'm understanding the notation from the DMGenie correctly my Favored Enemy damage wasn't included.

Anton stands & reloads his crossbow. "Your move Omar. We can do this the easy way or the hard way"

Gramcrackered

First Post
Orum flips his glaive about as Anton speaks, aiming the butt end at Omar. It's all fine and well if this ends here and now, with no more battle. He simply doesn't think that's very likely.

Salzorin

First Post
[[OOC: Go ahead and automate all of my attack and damage rolls Cerebus]]

Quilan delays taking action to see if Omar will continue to fight or not (delayed action, response to him attacking anyone). "One wrong move and you end up with some metal in your leg." Quilan holds the dart up so that it's nice and visible to Omar.

Cerebus13

First Post
Quilan prepares himself to attack Omar if he continues to resist.
Anton stands up and reloads his crossbow.
Omar begins to attack and Quilan interrupts him quickly by hitting him in the leg with a dart. Growling Omar turns and fires twice at Quilan...only hitting him once. He steps backwards after this to give himself some space.
Orum twirls his glaive and stands firm.

[OOC:
================= Round 3 ==============
Quilan:
Quilan starts readying.
Anton: Prone, Favored Enemy +4
Move action stands up. Move action reload crossbow.
Omar:
Quilan stops readying. New init: 6 (just before Omar)
Quilan (Dart) hits (9+10) AC 19 for 3 HP of damage
Auto-attack: Omar has received 3 hp of P, damage.
Omar:
Omar (Longbow, #1) hits (13+11) AC 24 for 6 HP of damage
Auto-attack: Quilan has received 6 hp of P, damage.
Omar (Longbow, #2) hits (2+6) AC 8 for 2 HP of damage
Auto-attack: Quilan is not hit (AC 21).
5' step from B4 to B3.
Orum:
Does nothing.

Gram would you like to do something different at all? I will edit the post if you would like me to. Any other problems lemme know too.]

Salzorin

First Post
Quilan, furious to see an arrow gracing his fair skin, decides to make the man suffer a little more. He begins to toss the dart around from hand to hand, placing it back in his palm so that Omar won't see it coming. ((Feinting this round for the sneak attack next round))

Last edited:

Gramcrackered

First Post
If it ain't one thing, it's another. Yeah, I would have preferred to attack last round, taking a five-foot step forward first. Goin' for nonlethal damage though, which means I get a -4 penalty to attack. Here are the rolls: To Hit: 22, Damage: 16, To Hit: 10, Damage: Who cares?

Orum continued to lash about with his weapon reversed, grunting at the effort; it wasn't like a glaive was exactly designed to take criminals in alive. Nonetheless, there were questions to be answered here. Ones that would be mighty hard to get answers to if Omar ended up disembowled.

Second round of attacks. To Hit: Natural 20, 26 for confirmation. I'll assume that's a crit. Damage: 40. I seriously doubt he's gonna be conscious after that, but if he is...To Hit: 10. Pffft.
Anyway. Rolls are here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads