Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: The map doesn't show enemies next to Moss and the description makes it seem like he's surrounded...

OOC: [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], miasma area je 25' RADIUS, 50' diameter circle.The description includes only 3 casters - is this those I know of or did you take into consideration all those around us?

Kaodi

Hero
Shrugging off the ineffectual blows of his enemies Batknight smiles grimly. If the soldiers wanted to wander around in the dark trying to find him it made his work that much easier. He focuses for just a moment and then unleashes another barrage of attacks on his foes, this time realizing the benefit of his increased alacrity. His blade tastes blood three more times but on his fourth and final strike a lucky step by one of his foes leaves him with a rend in his protective mail rather than his chest.

[sblock=Full Attack]_: 1D20+24 = [13]+24 = 37
1D8+12 = [1]+12 = 13
1D20+19 = [10]+19 = 29
1D8+12 = [7]+12 = 19
1D20+14 = [2]+14 = 16
1D8+12 = [4]+12 = 16

Extra attack from hasted: _: 1D20+24 = [13]+24 = 37
1D8+12 = [4]+12 = 16

_: 1D100 = [72] = 72
1D100 = [71] = 71
1D100 = [78] = 78
1D100 = [38] = 38

Since Batknight can reroll misses due to concealment I am just take the target to be over 25 rather than over 50 on one of two rolls.[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
(Sorry guys, map's still on tje old version. I'll correct it as soon as I return. [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION], the description refers only to the casters you can see. The others are hidden by the darkness, but still affected.)

Arduniel leaves Bat to his cleaning up in the darkness and flies away toward the melee. In passing he throws fistful of runes toward the caster that managed to escape the darkness peppering her with force effects.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: W13
Standard: Striking vs visible caster (AG 2): 1D4+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D4+2 = [3]+2 = 5
1D4+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D4+2 = [1]+2 = 3
1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6
- if it falls before all the missiles hit target the warrior at AC 3

Next round plan: another miasma in the lower right corner
[/sblock]

OOC:
Charges: 1 destruction
Scripts:
Striking 1/2
Float 1/2
Alter Flow 1/2
Miasma 1/2

CharlotteOz

Explorer
As Aranel lit up the battlefield, Alice was momentarily distracted by the display. "Help, I'm gay," she said softly.

She recovered adroitly, downing an extract that rendered her arms stretchy and fluid, then closed to attack the nearest mage, figuring them to be top priority. Her moment of observation paid off, and she aimed carefully at a half-glimpsed gap in their defenses...

OOC:
Using the Long Arm extract to give her five feet of reach, then attacking a mage. Since she has combat reflexes, people wandering around within that reach zone will get smacked barring mitigating abilities.

Alice attack and damage; +6 is from Studied Combat: 1D20+18+6 = [6]+18+6 = 30
1D6+8+6 = [4]+8+6 = 18

OOC: That also applies to Zyara who has 9 of her 9 reactions left this turn. Anyone running past her is getting tripped and stomped twice. (Or at least the first three get that treatment. :) )

Zyara moves gracefully forward, past a green night, past a shadow and in the face of a drow. She then spins and strikes the shadow demon and somehow misses.

OOC: Acrobatics to end up at W16 [roll0] vs CMD of shadow demon or he gets an AoO
Trip attack on Shadow @W17 [roll1] vs CMD of shadow demon
if trip successful, vicious stomp [roll2] (include prone bonus) damage [roll3]
if trip successful, greater trip [roll4] (include prone bonus) damage [roll5]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Ouch for nat 1 :( This is my second 19 in two rounds, I'm so taking Improved Crit next
Not waiting anymore for new map, I'll change this if Moss is surrounded
This action assumes Moss is alone as shown at the current map and only needs to avoid spriggan at V25

Moss makes another run, enhanced by his holy amulet and another minor dark fey bleeds out on the battle field. Even in the middle of the battle, his moves are so fast and so low to the ground he passes the gnome-like fey without drawing undue attention.

[sblock=Actions]
Acrobatics to pass through enemy square; bite; damage; extra damage: 1D20+15 = [2]+15 = 17
1D20+26 = [19]+26 = 45
2D6+15 = [2, 5]+15 = 22
2D6 = [4, 6] = 10
- 17 beats CMD of the spriggan
End in W26, kill the shadow demon in X 27
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Ok, I've updated everything according to the new posts! Map's up and I'll make this one short and sweet! Sorry for the delay... I arrived on Saturday, but I've been sick again. Winter's here and my room was improvised, to say the least... Cold got the best out of me... :/]

MAP UPDATED

[Legends stretch for a page, but I kept it like this for time's sake.]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fyc0nwHsb96NWjzXgsx0fPqYKd2EKPuv2nZ9RCZMK4w/edit

BATKNIGHT

Fast attacks are enough to cut his enemies down under the cover of darkness. True, his last strike was empty, but the others were enough to bring the matrons down, bleeding and screaming! Only their corpses cover the area, his armor covered in their blood! Around himself, the knight overhears the cries of war, and confusion strikes him: drow soldiers reatreat, not because they chose to flee, but because they decided to attack the matrons! They scream 'betrayal' and the women respond with cries of 'sacrilege'!

Soon afterwards, an explosion can be heard. He doesn't see what's happening, but the sounds are clear: destruction rains from the sky, targeting allies and foes at the same time!

[All adjacent casters down!]

ARDUNIEL

The runes find the shortest way towards the caster. She doesn't even see them coming! Distant lights explode against her body as the runes bruise and weaken her. She's left bending over her own staff, almost dead for all accounts, as Arduniel lands right in the middle of the fight! Around him, fire rains copiously from the skies, and he realizes that many allies and enemies are blinded by the explosion. Fire scorches the grass and hits the very first trees at the edges of the woods, and the soldiers on both sides struggle as their bodies catch on fire, instigated by the ruinous storm!

On the other side of the battlefield, Aranel clashes down like a comet, increasing the flash from the rain! Arduniel quickly realizes how destructive this battle can become, if it goes beyond this area and into Alessia!

[One - almost dead - caster and a warrior under a rain of fire! Since he was outside the area when the rain began, no damage taken.]

ALICE

Alice's arms grow larger as she moves across the fiery battlefield, protecting her companion knights from blind swings of her enemies. She moves around the northern cliffs and towards the closest caster she can see. Her keen vision is enough to grant her safe passage, her blinded foes none the wiser. Jumping forward, she realizes the matron is already bruised - she could see Arduniel's runes descending upon her. Quickly and pragmatically, she stretches her long arms, working on a decisive, precise attack against the creature! Before anyone can notice, the matron falls down, bleeding from her neck in an agonizing posture! Alice's precision is impressive, and grants her a subtle takedown!

[Yup, the caster's down! I moved her to AG-0, since she'd profit from the distance and stay away from darkness... Feel free to move her around. Also, check the end of the map for the legend!]

ZYARA

The monk stops in front of the soldier and, as the half-blinded drow motions to defend himself, her body spins, taking down the Sluagh instead! The creature falls flat on its back, spitting blood upwards as her foot falls over his ribs! He cracks, unable to breath, and gasps for air right before dying...

But Zyara does not have time to contemplate the scene. A soldier approaches, and as he does, her legs spin, bringing him down; the same happens to a second one, and as her body spins and turns, she manages to bring both down, stomping one's head and the other's neck...

[Three kills!]

MOSS

The spriggan doesn't even notice Moss passage. He focuses on figthing the knights, instead, and with a roar shambles towards them. The small dragon slides around and jumps against the Sluagh, making quick way of him! His strength is so great that he breaks the creature's balance, bringing it down as the neck cracks within the dragon's jaws!

[Another one down! No need to wait or re-write! In fact, I'm glad to see how into the fight everyone is! :) Again, sorry for the delay! Back to normal, now!]

[Ok, I still need @Shayuri's actions and Aranel's location - I'll place her as soon as you give me her position! [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION], Daxio has another action this turn as well. Also, don't worry about the battle flow! As fights get more sensitive, I'll make sure we get a very specific view of the battlefield, so we can work strategies with greater precision! Please, check map and posts and give me your feedback on things! This is the first time I do such a massive battle on pbp!]

[MENTION=6847138]Charlotte of Oz[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

MINI-SHEETS!

[sblock]
DROW FOOTMAN

The bulk of the Underworld's armies on Alessia. They use light armor and melee weapons, an uncommon choice for such an evasive people...

BAB: +2
CMB: +2
CMD: 15
AC: 17 (touch 12, flat-footed 13)
DAMAGE: Scimitar (1d6+1); Halberd (1d10+1)
HP: 20
SAVE: Fort +2 Ref +2 Will -1/+2 vs. enchantment
SPECIAL: dancing lights; fairy fire; darkness; poison (DC 13, unconscious for 2d4 hours; cure 1 save)

DROW CASTER

Drow maidens and women, sent to support the armies in their wars. Not as powerful as their matron counterparts, but still considered dangerous casters.

BAB: +2
CMB: +1
CMD: 13
AC: 18 (touch 12, flat-footed 13)
DAMAGE: Ritual Bloodblade (1d6+3)
HP: 30
SAVE: Fort +0 Ref +1 Will +3/+5 vs. enchantment
SPECIAL: protection from good; cure light wounds; delay poison; bestow curse; dispel magic; circle against good; cure serious wounds; fire fall; summon III

SPRIGGAN

The cursed spirits of the Autumn Land, distant cousins to the gnomes, protect their groves with jealousy and violence. An ancient pact with the queen of the Dark Fey led them to fight alongside the Drow.

BAB: +4
AC: 18 (touch 14, flat-footed 16)
DAMAGE: Massive club (1d8+3/1d10+3)
HP: 22
SAVE: Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +1
SPECIAL: growth; spriggan magic (+1 concentration and DC against their own species' magic); spriggan skills

SHADOW DEMON (SLUAGH)

Named shadow demons, the Sluagh have been called from the Autumn Lands to serve as spies for the Dark Fey. Their cruel nature and insatiable appetite makes them easy to ensnare and recruit.

BAB: +6
CMB: +4
CMD: 19
AC: 18 (touch 14, flat-footed 16)
DAMAGE: Claws (1d6+3); bite (1d4+2)
HP: 30
SAVE: Fort +3 Ref +8 Will -1
SPECIAL: shadow form (becomes immune to normal damage); invisibility; telekinesis (DC 19)

GREEN KNIGHTS

The main line of allied warriors, the Green Knights are the living embodiment of heroism. Many Fey join their ranks in defense of Alessia.

BAB: +3
AC: 18 (touch 10, flat-footed 11)
DAMAGE: Longsword (1d8+2)
HP: 20
SAVE: Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +2
SPECIAL: protection from evil; cure light wounds; bless

SATYRS

The festive satyrs are less used to war than the Knights, but they lend their support with clever incantations and ranged attacks.

BAB: +3
CMB: +4
AC: 17 (touch 13, flat-footed 15)
DAMAGE: Short bow(1d6+3); Short sword (1d6+1); horns (1d6+1)
HP: 25
SAVE: Fort +2 Ref +4 Will -1
SPECIAL: charm person; sleep; suggestion

DRUIDS

Those who commune with nature. |They serve alessians by stimulating crop growth and mediating the relationship between the Fey and the Ents of the surrounding woods.

BAB: +1
AC: 16 (touch 10, flat-footed 11)
DAMAGE: Ent staff (1d6+2)
HP: 15
SAVE: Fort +0 Ref +1 Will +5
SPECIAL: aspect of the falcon; call animal; charm animal; flaming sphere; iron skin; call lightning.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
His immediate foes vanquished Batknight indulges his discomfort from the momentary searing by the mystical flames as he gets his bearings. Even with the din of fire, steel, and shouting he was sure that there were foes within reach to both the West and the South. Those to the South seemed closer though, and it would likely be safer for him to not move toward his own allies.

Hefting his blade he takes only a few short steps before his nose warms him of the presence of another enemy. He draws his arm back and then thrusts forward, nearly skewering the soldier in front of him.

[sblock=Rolls]Now that I can see where that Fire Fall spell was here is my Reflex save: My firts natural 20, :D ._: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30

Perception to get a sense of the direction of my foes: _: 1D20+20 = [3]+20 = 23

I think it is probably enough to tell me where to go. Even with a possible -10 for being in the thick of battle hearing a creature walking is only DC 10.

Attack: _: 1D20+24 = [6]+24 = 30
1D8+12 = [6]+12 = 18

[/sblock]

Remove ads