Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

I don't think that was what he said. And in this instance where we're effectively unstoppable precise positioning plays less critical role. I believe this is just warm-up and resource drain before some kind of uber-hyper-turbo-creature makes an entrance. Or multiple demons if some power.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I meant only that we don't see any threatening enemies yet and that I can continue 'run and kill' actions. Not that map isn't needed. And one CAN play without a map, people did it long before 5e. Only 4e brought MMORPG feel and supporting mechanics to the game that effectively required a map.

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I have already been thinking about how to describe it when the darkness comes down, so rest assured ending it is on my mind. In the mean time though I should probably be the one person who feels like they are kinda cheating by being able to see a map, ;) .

Archon Basileus

First Post
MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fyc0nwHsb96NWjzXgsx0fPqYKd2EKPuv2nZ9RCZMK4w/edit

[Daxio's confusion might be a bit obfuscated. I'll fix it if it gets too hard to id. Again, sorry for this, guys. I had a deadline pushed back from mid-September to last Friday - kind of a big project - and my partner sort of bailed on me. I tend to do the map first, but since I had been away for so long I decided to anticipate the posts, so you'd know I'm still rolling - I'd hate to lose you because you thought I had abandoned the game. :) That being said, my original idea was to test a more abstract battle system, but given the demand for a more precise sort of game, I established this battle over the map. It takes me a couple of hours to work the map because I consider every move made by every soldier in the field, so we don't waste a good set of rules on empty gameplay. Be sure of it, everything I describe happens according to the rules, and every movement happens within the confines of the ruleset. Beyond this, the map served me as a test. I wanted to see how a huge battle could be reflected within the rules set in Pathfinder - never had the chance. Turns out it's wonderful, but very, very demanding. We could set an entire game around a single battle, and this marvels me. In this case, a huge battle had a second purpose as well: to give you guys a chance to feel the degrees of power wielded by your characters against the average individuals of this world. To me, that was another satisfying experience, since it presented and opportunity to place the reach of your powers and allowed me to set the lore on a better compass. Sorry if this has caused any distress, but you guys shouldn't worry. I have a firm grasp of the happenstances and I'm calculating all reactions as we go. :)

Oh, and @MetaVoid might be right about the role this battle plays as far as our planned mechanics go... :p.

I'll wait till all the round's moves are set to update the map again. This update corresponds to my last game post, ok? This should put things in order so you guys can plan your next moves.]

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Charlotte of Oz @MetaVoid @Shayuri @Kaodi

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Moss moves slightly southward for better position before slaughter continues.
"Bat, drop the darkness, we cannot advance any further!"

Ooc: 5' step down, full attack on demon and two drow. Please roll for me if needed. Thanks.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Did you get Daxio's last action in there? He did Mass Suggestion to cause drow to flee. I had him target casters, but it seems all the casters visible are already under his Confusion, so he will leave them be and target all the drow soldiers and any other enemies beneath/around him that he can see with that Mass Suggestion, up to 12.

Arduniel is done playing tactics on great scale. He focuses his power on the remaining pockets of drow, ignoring those next to his more martial companions and speaking to one of the warriors. The words manifest and twist around doomed warrior, magic twisting the space around him opening hair-thin lines like those from the finest blades. From above, small flash comes along hovering for the moment behind one of the drow. Tiny blade flashes forward and at the same time spark leaps into the flesh. Drow warrior stiffens in surprise and drops dead in front of the satyr engaging it.

Metal creature hovering changes shape into rune-like shape of elven language "I help!" before shooting straight up and continuing its observance of the battle.

[sblock=Actions]
Arduniel casts Pain
[roll0]
[roll1]
Furia moves and attacks from flanking position Y21
[roll2] - it is +8 and just hits flat-footed - I have to correct RG it is +6 from my BAB and +2 from DEX
[/sblock]

OOC:
Charges: 2 destruction
Scripts:
Striking 1/2
Float 1/2
Alter Flow 1/2
Miasma 1/2
Negation: 1/2

Last edited:

Remove ads