• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

SunGold

First Post
"Assuming that all the stones will be small enough to be moved, that you won't need to break through any with pickaxes, and that you'll be able to do this in time seems far more dangerous to me. As you just said, it could be a long way up. We have no idea how much fell."

OOC: I don't think we got an answer about potion time for Ezraen's int roll.

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: Hate this roller.

[roll0]
You recall hearing that each portion of a potion divides its potency by half. So an hour duration split by two people would last 15 minutes for each dose. Some quick calculations and you realize at best you can divide it 4 ways to get less than two minutes out of it. 5 portions will give you 30 seconds. Once you get above 8 portions it will be less than a second.

Of course measuring such small portions would be tough and will make the durations random (+/- 50%)

DMAesh

Explorer
After relaying the information, Ezraen seems a bit crestfallen, though with Orsik's suggestion he does see a glimmer of hope, Orsik, do you think you and Eldeth can figure out a way to collapse the cracked area in such a way that it doesn't bring the whole place down on us?

OOC: He is probably saying this as he is in the middle of combat with this ooze! ;)

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:

After relaying the information, Ezraen seems a bit crestfallen, though with Orsik's suggestion he does see a glimmer of hope, Orsik, do you think you and Eldeth can figure out a way to collapse the cracked area in such a way that it doesn't bring the whole place down on us?

He is probably saying this as he is in the middle of combat with this ooze! ;)

You're not in combat yet...I'm away from my books. Tonight I'll kick it off.

Orsik smiles "Well. It's 10' or more up in that room, but if we get that slimey thing out we can have a look."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EN World mobile app

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
You arrive back at the room with the gray ooze and the high cracked ceiling.

Turn order is:

Erevan
gray ooze
Ez
Surana
Orsik

The ooze is alert to your presence but Erevan can probably sneak up on it to get advantage on his shot.

GrayOoze.PNG

Edit: hehehe....I subscribed to roll20.net so I could use dynamic lighting for my table group (they are in Ravenloft) and my son and I are playing through Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan with it. So I enabled it for this map...so I updated the image to show what it looks like with Surana having the sole light source (yes, you can move back or send Erevan ahead or whatever you like).

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Erevan moves up to the front while making sure he stays out of reach of the ooze. With a practised ease the elf shoots an arrow at the creature before stepping aside to let the others move in.

OOC: Attack with shortbow: [roll0]
Advantage: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak attack: [roll3]

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:

Attack with shortbow: [roll0]
Advantage: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak attack: [roll3]

You need to make a stealth check vs its passive perception (DC 8!) to get advantage and sneak attack damage. Make a stealth check and if you succeed I'll apply the extra damage.

The arrow makes a splat sound as it smacks into the creatue. It retreats deeper into its new found pool out of sight (if you move closer to it you'll be able to see it and attack it...but it probably readied an attack for anything that gets close).

Ezraen is up.

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:

Stealth check: [roll0]

12 damage then. Your arrow hisses and dissolves. It is badly injured.

Since it moved into the water if you want to attack it with a ranged weapon you can but it gets half cover or you can move up on it (and get advantage vs half cover...it is equivalent of "prone" as it tries to hide in the water. But it is ready to spring on anyone that comes close.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads