D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: Bertram has the lowest roll of those that failed so he loses it...

[roll0]

While you are all focused on Topsy and Turvy you suddenly hear Bertram giggle a little bit and then say "Why yes...I would like the check please..." followed by a thud as he collapses on the floor. He lies there motionless. When you talk to him he answers questions and he keeps asking questions like "Where are we?" "Who are you again?" "I don't remember coming here...how did I get here?" "Why is it so dark?" Whatever you tell him to do he seems unwilling or unable to do it, he won't even stand up.

OOC: basing this on a couple real life experiences I've had...very disconcerting when a person is there but not there. Like they are unconscious and conscious simultaneously...

Last edited:

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: Hoo, I was afraid that Erevan's natty 1 was going to be a problem... :p

Ezraen casts a concerned look on the halfling, "C'mon little man, let's get you up."

Then turning to Surana, Erevan, and Topsy, sparing a glance at Turvy, "I got an idea, but it will tap me out on Lathander's blessings for the day. There is a blessing from the gods that can protect from dangerous sources, and it may be able to give peace of mind to the twins, and help them stave off the darkness. Though, if we don't find a cure soon, it will all be for naught... Then, there is Bertram. Perhaps Orsik can help with this as well... I think if I cast it upon the twins at the start of each day, we might be okay."

Ezraen hoists Bertram on his shoulders, fireman's carry style and turns to face the others, "Can someone help Turvy?"

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: It's the other way around for protection from evil. You have to cast it on them at the end of the day as they start their long rest. I chose that mechanic so during the day you will have to choose...do you want to cast bless or something else during a fight or do you want to save the spell slot for helping out the gnomes at the end of the day? You've already cast one spell. Orsik has 3 slots remaining for the day (he case purify food and water as a ritual). So between the two of you you will have to burn two of your four remaining slots on PfE.

[roll0]

SunGold

First Post
Surana kneels to pick up Turvy, but stops when she sees his eyes are still red. She turns to Topsy. "I know you deep gnomes can do magic to hide and change your appearance...can you or Turvy do something about his eyes? The others will have questions if they see him like this."

OOC: Hoping that 20 on deep gnome lore would be enough for her to know about their magic.

Uller

Adventurer
Topsy: "Turvy...your eyes. You need to fix 'em...at least for a bit, my darling." His eyes return to normal. He still lies motionless. "There you go. I know. But Mr. Light Britches sez someone can fix us. We just have to hold on a bit longer..." She smiles bravely but it's pretty obvious she's only being polite and has no faith in any of this.

You gather up the little ones and begin making your way but almost immediately become unsure of where you are going. Without Bertram's superior since of direction it is almost impossible to know which way to go. You can hear the sound of the stream you left the others waiting beside but it echos down various passages and you can't even be certain that there aren't multiple streams nearby. Fortunately within a few moments of indecision, Ezraen hear's the halfling's voice in his ear. "You're going the wrong way, you dolts! It was the left passage...not the right. Now put me down!"

SunGold

First Post
When Bert wakes up, Surana pulls him aside for a sec and says the following in hushed tones:

"I'm glad you're awake--I've been wanting to talk to you, away from Sarith. You clearly know the Underdark better than any of us. Have you noticed Sarith's face? The orange...mold? I tried to figure out what it was, but I know little of what grows down here. It's worrying me. Would you take a look?"

OOC: I was the only one who made this Nature roll when Uller offered. Everyone is being suuuuper casual about the dude whose face is growing...something.

Remove ads