D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: Mr. Light-britches! :D Ok, I have one PvE left, so we will rely on Orsik to cast the other one. As for Sarith, I completely forgot about that! Maybe he is infected by something... :p I can cure disease!

At Bertram's comment, "Right, left, dammitall halfling! If you hadn't gotten all catatonic on us, we wouldn't have had to fumble our way through here."

Ezraen takes a breath, "I am sorry. This place is getting to me... Lead the way, Bertram."

Ezraen looks a little puzzled as Surana pulls Bertram aside, suspiciously. Cocking his head he asks, "Can we get back to the group? I am concerned that they may have given up on us by now..."

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Oh, I assume you guys would've been able to hear everything. She's speaking quietly because she's not sure how close we are to the main party, but this little party is all pretty close together right now. It's Sarith she doesn't want to hear all this, not you guys. Sorry if that was unclear.

Uller

Adventurer
Bertram, sees that Ezraen is also listening jokes "I thought all you people turned a colors. Like leaves in fall or something..."

nature check (not proficient) [roll0]

He draws a blank. "No...I have no idea why. Maybe it's just patches of mud or something."

Uller

Adventurer
It only takes you a few moments to rejoin the group. While you were gone Orsik and Klep got everyone loaded up and ready to move with the fresh water supplies.

Klep: (sorry...I can't type with the same accent Zansy was going for...) "We were startin' to wonder if you weren't coming back. Every moment we don't move is a moment our former captors gain on us."

Sarith: "He's right. We shouldn't have wasted time looking for stragglers unless you want to see the City of Spiders and the glory of Narbondel."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Erevan nods and attempts to smile, while stealing glances at Topsy and Turvy. The elf has grown fond of the little critters and he sincerely hopes they'll be alright.

Uller

Adventurer
Everyone is eager enough to continue moving that no one asks any questions although you do catch some sidelong glances from Sarith and Jimjar toward Topsy and Turvy. You get another 2 or 3 hours in of struggling through the dark before exhaustion starts to take hold and you decide to break for a bit of sleep.

Nothing much happens during the night. No additional food is found.

You do notice that at one point Jimjar talks to Topsy a bit. They speak in hushed tones. Jimjar becomes agitated and moves away, visibly shaken. He is normally so happy go lucky...it is odd to see a look of such concern on his face. When he sees he has been noticed, he turns away and sits off to the side by himself.

OOC:
You have one day of food left plus 8 doses of good berry and 3 days of water.

Are you going to cast PvE on Topsy and Turvy (I make their saves in secret).

How will you travel the next day?

I know you are starting to be suspicious of Sarith. Anyone want to do anything about it or are you going to stay in observation mode for now?

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: Ezraen has one PvE left for the day, so Orsik will have to cast the other one, if he has spells left. Are we able to scavenge any food for today? If not, perhaps we should move normally this next day, and if we are lucky enough to find some natural terrain to help lose pursuit, that will help us.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Erevan follows Jimjar and approaches the fellow in an obviously nonhostile way. "Are you alright, little man? You seem shaken."

OOC: I want to gauge his emotions and what he may have learned from Topsy. If necessary, I will try to persuade him that the twins are no threat, at least not at the moment.

If there is still time, I would like to talk to the drow when the others are sleeping (because we elf buddies need only a little rest, so naturally the "night" watch is mostly on us). I'm curious what he thinks of his current situation and to see if there are any obvious signs of hostility towards the group.

Last edited:

Uller

Adventurer
You rest for several hours without incident.
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]: JimJar tells you that when he left Blingdenstone, the settlement suffered from two major problems. Evil earth spirits began attacking the settlers recently and forcing them to take shelter inside Blingdenstone, making it hard to mine or forage for food. To top it off, there has been a plague of lycanthropy inside the city. Anyone suspected of being cursed is driven off. He was one who was driven out. (You take it that his odd behavior is probably a contributing factor). Topsy has confessed to him that she and Turvy are afflicted. "I don't know what you think you are doing bringing them back here. They have endangered us all and we have our own troubles."

Sarith is unaware of their curse but when you talk to him, he knows there is something wrong with them. "Whatever drove those two to try to leave us, you should have just let them. The greyfolk are prone to causing trouble for all who associate with them. Even as slaves they aren't worth that much."

The next day you rise, stiff from your ordeal and feeling low on energy. You hadn't realized just what a toll your captivity has really taken on you. Gathering the energy and the will to pick yourself up off the ground and start moving requires a surprising amount of effort. But you do. Bertram hands out bits of his special mushroom and herb concoction and within moments you are all feeling well fed and able to take on the day.

You spend another day following Shuushar, nothing much happens but the ground becomes muddier and muddier as you travel. Everything is covered in a fine, smooth silt. There are occasional pools of dark still water, which you avoid. Eventually you come to a large wide passage. It is faintly illuminated with a greenish glow from lichens high on the ceiling. Is it your imagination or do the little "stars" of mold mimic the constellations from a sky that now seems like a vague memory from a dream? Outcroppings of rock and stalagmites rise up out of a floor that appears to be made entirely of brownish ooze. A few steps in it becomes clear that the muck is several feet deep (or deeper) throughout.

Shuushar: We must cross (he lies down on his belly and starts to scoot like a mudskipper...something most of you probably can't do very effectively).

Derendil (sinking deep after one step): Ugh...my fur...I'll have to comb for weeks to get this out!

Shuushar: There is a way around but it will take us the rest of the day. It's only a hundred feet or so and then it rises back out and we can be on our way. It's safe.

OOC: The passage is a series of muck pits filled with silt. Usually the passage is filled with water but sometimes the water level gets so low that it leaves nothing but mud. For everyone but Shuushar, it is difficult terrain and while in it you have disadvantage on dex saves

Remove ads