D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Eldeth is able to help guide Shuushar but for the better part of the next hour you spend trying to go the way Shuushar thinks you should go but running into one dead-end after another. Derendil is still having trouble navigating the webs but manages to keep up.

After nearly an hour of going in what seems like circles you gather on a canopy of webbing that seems strong enough to rest. Surana, Erevan and Shuushar, along with Eldeth gather to discuss what to do next. Sarith has been quieter and keeping separate from the group even more than before.

Someone asks how far you have to go when Bertram exclaims "A foot!" Everyone looks at him, confused. "What do you mean we only have a foot to go?" "No. Look there in the webbing...there is a foot!"

Then you see it. The foot of a small grey humanoid creature is sticking out of the webbing. It appears to be a creature (you can't tell if it is alive or dead) wrapped tightly in webbing...

Uller

Adventurer
"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....Hmphmufhmph.....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

The big toe wiggles reflexively. Looking closer you can see the outline of a smallish figure. Smaller than a dwarf. Bigger than a gnome or halfling. Wispy white hair sticks out from the webs where the head and face are. Reminds you a bit of Buppido.

SunGold

First Post
Glancing at the twisted little creature and thinking of Buppido, Surana approaches Ezraen with a stony expression.

"We have enough problems," she says quietly but with urgence. "If the spiders are eating this...creature...they may be less interested in risking themselves to make a meal of us," she whispers.

DMAesh

Explorer
Ezraen looks at Surana with a pained look on his face, "I... I cannot just leave him to his fate... Not while I can help."

Ezraen looks torn, his eyes turning from his companions to the trapped figure, then back again. The paladin says a quick prayer, asking his god for guidance.

Uller

Adventurer
Sarith: "It's better to leave it to it's fate than put the rest of us at risk."

Derendil: "How do we know it can even travel? Things are hard down here."

Eldeth: "If we're going to leave it, we should at least slit it's throat so it doesn't have to endure any more torment."

Ezraen get's a feeling like the cocoon-like webbing is obscured by shadow...or more like it is obscuring a light.

OOC: Ezraen...make a perception check.

DMAesh

Explorer
Looking hard at the others, Ezraen spits in disgust, "Fine. I'll do it."

The reformed burglar draws his dagger as he moves to perform such a distasteful task, reciting a prayer for absolution. As he slides the blade into the heart of the small form he says quietly, "I am sorry. I wish there was another way..."

As he draws back, he deftly slices the straps to the satchel, calling upon skills that he had not used for years... [roll0]

Remove ads