D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
As the group falls back (12') the hook horror just below the trail takes a swipe at Derendil.

HH attack: [roll0]
damage [roll1]

It's claw slices through Derendil's leg and the quaggoth gives an elfie cry of anguish!

Then both creatures move so that they are both below the trail. Hook Horror 2 is below Derendil and can reach him and Orsik. Hook Horror 3 (the one that fell 20') dashes past HH2 and is within reach of all three.

HH2 Attacks [roll2] (1=Derendil, 2=Orsik)
HH attack: [roll3]
damage [roll4]

Orsik shouts as the hook catches him in the side of his neck. Blood is flowing from the gaping wound.

Last edited:

Uller

Adventurer
Orsik Concentration Save (DC 10) [roll0]

He maintains the bless spell.
[MENTION=6801331]DMAesh[/MENTION] Ezraen's turn.

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: How far am I from the hook horror below? Can I reach it from where I am at?

[roll0]

[roll=Damage (if close enough)]1d8+5[/roll]
[roll=Damage (if not)]1d4+3[/roll]

Ezraen attacks the Horror below Orsik and Derendil (whether by blade or sling), "We need to make the ledge, where we have less threat of falling!"

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
I don't think you can reach them. Don't forget they have a 10' reach. That is why HH3 can reach Bertram. Here is what it looks like looking at the cliff. The line is the trail. The Hook Horrors are below it. D=Derendil, O=Orsik, B=Bertram, Ez=Ezraen

So you hit for 4 damage :(

HookHorror.png

Surana's turn.

SunGold

First Post
Surana sheathes her swords and draws her stolen drow crossbow, taking aim at the hook horror below Orsik.

OOC: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

After firing, she stands back against the wall to allow her companions to pass her as they all move forward.

OOC: She's not moving forward with them, since she intends to melee the HHs when they get to the ledge.

DMAesh

Explorer
Seeing Surana's reaction (hopefully), Ez turns back to Bertram, offering him a knife.

OOC: I am hoping that counts as 'interacting with an object.' If I cannot do that, it'll have to wait until next round.

Uller

Adventurer
Surana misses with her crossbow.

Derendil seeing how badly wounded Orsik is: "Untie yourselves from me and I'll draw their attacks. Bert, get Orsik out of here!"

OOC: [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], Erevan is up.

Remove ads