D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
Oops...forgot...we'll retcon that attack from the hook horror (I editted it away). Do you want everyone to back away before they go. One of them will get an OA on Orsik or Derendil. You can move back 12'. if you do the one that didn't fall can move and attack. the one that is 20' down can only dash to get back within reach.
[/ooc[

Last edited:

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: I think that they should run as well, but if it takes any attack against a target other than Derendil, they should get cover bonus. My opinion. ;)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: I'm not sure what you mean. Do our allies run or stand to take a beating from those monsters? I imagine they would run and shoot except for Derendil.

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: I think he means, do they take the Disengage action and only move 12 ft, or do they run the full 25 and take an Attack o Opp?

SunGold

First Post
OOC: They can't disengage; they both attacked. (They can only move 12' because the terrain is rough.) This is why I said I thought Orsik should disengage instead of hitting HH1, but oh well.

I still think they ought to take the OA and run. Reasoning: If they run now, they'll take one OA, then one hit when the HHs go (since, if they move, the fallen HH will have to dash to catch them).

If they stay, they'll take no OAs, but then two hits when the HHs go (fallen HH can still get to their current spot without dashing).

Either way, two hits, but if they move now they'll be 12' closer to favorable ground.

Remove ads