D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"My part in this is done, and I am probably a dead man either way. What do you need to know? You're in, but you're gonna need a lot of luck to make it out. You've just scratched the surface of this place. There are horrors you can't imagine here."

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn walks to Kelley and takes care of his body. He put him into the wagon (maybe with some help). We'll give him a proper burial, if we manage to leave this place. Covering his face: "May his soul travel safely..."

"And now, it's payback time."
Leaving the questioning to his comrades, Loreen kneels and sends his bat familiar, using his senses, to explore the area. He can crowl under doors, stay hidden upside down and has blindsight.
Maybe we'll be able to locate some idols.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"There are horrors here..."

The image of Rowloe shimmers and distorts. A moment later an entirely different creature stands before the guard. Mord's true form materializes in the form of a pale man. He is tall and slender, but his shoulder length hair and clothing are dark as pitch. Yet even they seem pale as in comparison to the black pits that are his eyes. And his voice, when he speaks seems to reverberate with discordant tones. "And we have come to call."

OOC: action: Casting 'Disguise Self' (not actually using his racial ability, just giving the appearance of it')

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lorenn sends his bat familiar to explore the area.

GM: Where would you like him to go? I'm going to assume that if sound doesn't travel well through those doors, than a bat can't either. It can go down the stairs, or back up the hall to see if the gatehouse are alerted.

Mord's true form... Casting 'Disguise Self

GM: Is it Mord's true form or Disguise Self? I assume you mean "what Mord looks like" even if it's not the true form of the 'entity known currently as Mord', correct?

At any rate, he is suitably impressed and will answer questions, if you have them.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
OOC: You are correct sir. Disguise self to 'look' like his true form. Wouldn't want to waste his once a day power.

Mord smiles as he watches the man'sreaction to his transformation. "Good. Now, you can start by telling us what is down each of these passageways..."

Squirrels are evil!

Fradak

Explorer
"Guys, if the alarm didn't go off we can disguise as mercenaries or cultists and keep sneaking into the place."
OOC:
I don't see the other side of the room, if she can crowl troughs little spaces, maybe she can go on the right or up. If not I send her to the stairs to map the place. Maybe some doors are not closed.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oWKvCcpLihs

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: She can crawl troughs little spaces. Maybe some doors are not closed.

She flies around counter-clockwise checking each of the doors. They are large and heavy, and would do a fair job of blocking sound. There aren't any holes big enough for her to crawl through (even at her size). She can, however, tell that both rooms are well-lit, and by the noise, that there is some activity behind them.

She then flutters across the room and goes down the stairs.

OOC: I have to find out what's down there first, which depends on the actions of others.

What is down each of these passageways..."

OOC: He goes clockwise, opposite the bat.

The man shrugs, "Down the stairs are prisons and a store-room. Through the main doors is the audience hall, beyond that is the old temple altar. Down the hall over there is the way to the kitchen. Dinner's almost ready, if you want some. Attached to that is the barracks and the guard hall, where you'll find more than enough mercenaries. The way to the watchtower is that way, if you want another way out. If you get through any of that, you'll eventually find the vaults. I can't tell you what's in them, aside from a whole lot of Dragon Cultists, their creations, stuff that's been down here for who knows how-long. Oh yeah, and there's a great frikkin' dead dragon that doesn't know it's dead; so it's still walking around using it's magic to create more stuff to kill you with. Good luck with that."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
SnorLoska is hurt. He goes to the wagon and picks up his gear and then sits down in the driver seat. He rummages through his backpack and fishes out a healing pack. SnorLoska got a nasty cut on his left arm and with the needle and thread in the healing pack, SnorLoska patches up the cut. This will add to my collections of scars, SnorLoska muses. Next he bandages some minor cuts and bruises on his right leg. These don't need any stitches.
SnorLoska feels he just needs to rest a little. But here is probably not the best spot. It will be crawling with mercenaries and cultists very soon, if the what the guard says is anything to go by.
SnorLoska clears his throat and says: Let's move this wagon out of the way and get out of here. I don't want to be here when dinner is served. There's bound to be more people coming through here. I'm in no shape for another big fight. We grab the dead and throw them on the wagon so it's not so obvious there's been a fight here, and then we take the wagon down to storage room and hide it there.
After some thought, he adds: And let's take the guard here, gag him and throw him into the prison. Or, if you like, I can slit his throat...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The enforcer shrugs again, as if death means nothing to him. "They will find you in the store-room, then."

The bat flies down to the prisons and discovers four empty cages. She flies through a lowered portcullis and into a dark store-room. There is a group of people hiding in the dark of the store-room, with one on watch (who may spot the bat come down the short hall between the two rooms).

GM: It's in line-of-sight when it comes down the hall, so under normal rules should automatically be spotted, but it's a bat, and the hall is at least partly dim light. In the end I am going to rule a straight stealth-vs-perception contest. No advantage or disadvantage for either party. Roll stealth for the bat.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Terrus stretches his sword arm. That was a good hit. She fought well. She diserved more than just rotting in a cave.

He went to the shield maiden's body and began searching it. Perhaps he would find something he could keep, as a remembrance of her. If nothing else, he could take her broken shield.

Remove ads