D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
SnorLoska looks through the first archway to his left but can't see anything special (?). He then sneaks forward and quickly peaks in through the second archway to get a good overview of the room. He pulls his head back and gestures to the rest what he saw, confirming what Eko has relayed already.

OOC: Stealth check: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
Is the necrotic haze along the wall (B3-B10) or near what looks like a door (G16)?
Is there another door further south in the room where the enemies are?

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mords form shifted to that of Zalena's as he watched the men around the pool. Noting that they seemed primarily occupied with the scrying pool, he walked towards them, attempting to be quiet about it, so as to avoid drawing their attention. But a stray rock found it's way under his foot and skittered away noisily. Changing tack, the Image of Zalena smiled coyly at the upturned faces. "Hello boys..."

OOC: Stealth:: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6

Deception:: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15

Let me guidance that...[roll0]

Funny, I figured the disguise wouldn't be necessary. Lets see how this works.[/roll]

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: The long hall on SnorLoska's left has rows of terracotta warriors. The necrotic haze is at G16. There is an open arch at the "bottom" of the scrying room.

Fradak

Explorer
"Maybe it's time for Terrus to redo the interior design. I think a wooden wall will fit perfectly down there..."

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mord

Turning to see Zalena walk boldy into the room, the scrying coven appear shocked. "Traitor!" one of them yells, "Don't try to deny it! We know you gave information to our enemies!"

OOC: They appear as if they are likely to attack her.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The image of Zalena pulls up short, so as not to provoke them further. She doesn't act overly afraid though, and replies confidently.

"Of course I did! I knew you would be watching and be able to plan for them. They are stumbling through your traps even now."

OOC: Deception:: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10

I may have overplayed my hand. o_O I have a counterspell ready if they throw anything particularly scary.

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Begin Round One

The woman (who Zander knows to be a spellcaster named Josana) waves her hand over the scrying pool and yells, "She lies! They are with her! Kill her now! Beware attack! They are there!"

At which point, one of the cloaked cultists thrusts out a hand and a glowing bolt of energy strikes Mord, racking him with pain and leaving him glowing for the next attack to target.

...then the room bursts into chaos.

GM: [sblock=rolls]Spell: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20
4D6 = [1, 5, 6, 4] = 16
Guiding Bolt vs Mord
[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) None; (BGs) Adept1
Damage Taken: (PCs) Mord 16; (BGs) None

GM:
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Aquaria (K10) AC17* HP 51/51
Lorenn (K15) AC16(18) HP 42/42
Mord (Q14) AC14 HP 21/39
Terrus (L10) AC16(17) HP 57/57
SnorLoska (L11) AC17* HP 65/65
Zander (L14) AC19* HP 43/54
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
Josana (AA17)
*Adept1 (X17)
Adept2 (AA20)
Acolyte1 (AB17)
Acolyte2 (Z19)
[/sblock]

Scry1.png

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Guess it's the hard way then" Mord says in his own voice. Stretching his hand out, he calls forth the essence of his patron's home plane, enveloping the group of casters in a zone of darkness and horror before moving to wards the other entrance to the room in an attempt to block any escape.

[Sblock]Hunger of Hadar at Y17 (20 ft Radius, should get them all and make them move at least a few spaces to be able to get out.)
Starting turn in zone= [roll0] Cold damage.
Ending turn in zone= [roll1] Acid damage.
[/sblock]

Squirrels are evil!

Remove ads