[IC2] Pool of Radiance

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Elaith watches the human and iguana with little interest, seemingly bored himself.

"I am Elaith formerly of Leuthilspar, current resident of New Phlan." the sober elf introduces himself before the chatty human can speak again. "The two of us were seeking to see about the poisoning of the river. Our companion a gnome professor, disappeared not three steps after entering this pyramid."

Looking about the moon elf adjusts his clothing checking the lace at his wrist and neck.

"I think Earmy is right perhaps we should explore this strange labyrinth together. If you will join us, we would be most honored."
he adds with a slight nod.

[sblock=Description]
ElaithCraulnober.jpg
[/sblock]

Malachei

First Post
"Ja-ja-ja," comes a high voice from around the corner. "Lost again, verdammt." A pause. Whistling can be heard. Knowledgeable individuals might recognize the famous gnomish folk song Under the Rainbow, but more knowledgeable individuals will also note the whistling is off by at least two pitches. Then silence.

Suddenly, a small, slim figure appears, talking to himself, "Make mental note: develop advanced procedure for pyramid expeditions," and takes a few steps until he notices the people standing nearby.

The gnome - obviously a gnome - is small, little over three feet. To compensate, he carries a large, old-fashioned brown hat with a huge flap. The whole affair is completely oversized, and he actually has to raise the hat a bit to see. Underneath, two immense spectacles enlarge a pair of curious, light blue eyes to giant spider size. The gnome scrubs his long, grey moustache, as he speaks, "Aaaah, well met, exactly as I had planned. Precise location. Precise timing. Wonderful." and nods to himself, squinting his eyes in a rather awkward manner.

"Oh, but where your manners, Schnickschnack..." he calls out, and, after dropping his large explorer's backpack, extends his small hand in a random direction, "Schabernack. Professor Schnickschnack Schabernack. Gnome name, of course, too complicated, obviously, ja, you can call me professor, if you please. Ah, well met."

[sblock=Avatar Picture]
Schnickschnack.jpg

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
The towering orc, standing well over seven feet, greets the three adventurers with a nod. “Grynth of Thesk,” he says, but otherwise remains silent, watching the surroundings and standing guard, leaving the discussion about what to do now to the others.

Grynth is fairly tall and muscular, even for an orc. He also looks youthful and healthy. He has dark grayish skin, black coarse hair and soft brown eyes. Unlike most of his brethren he has straight posture and a high forehead. His lower canines and almost imperceptible and his wolf-like ears are extremely pointed. He wears traveler's garb under his mithral shirt and a pair of strange looking gauntlets. Upon his back are a backpack and a quiver. No signs of any weapons can be seen.

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

"Speaking of Gnomes, is that the one that you misplaced?" Emagor holds a hand to his mouth shielding his words and leaning in to whisper in Elaith's ear, "Wonder where he got the big orc? Did he have that when you lost him?"

Peabody rests on Emagor's shoulder and carefully studies both Gnome and Orc. "Eeep, oooooooop," he opines, taking in the pair in all their glory.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Elaith looks confused, "The orc is with you isn't it?" he asks putting his hand on his sword and now keeping an eye on the brute.

Leif

Adventurer

"Umm, Elaith, I'm not sure I'd recommend calling the orc 'it' where HE can hear you....." Peabody vigorously nods his agreement. Emagor smiles broadly and winks at the orc, "Don't mind him, Big Guy, we're all really quite sociable and friendly." And softly he adds, "And we taste just awful!"

Leif

Adventurer

Emagor, feeling his oats or succumbing to his deathwish it's hard to tell which, clears his throat, runs his fingers through his medium-length brown hair, and boldly strides forward, his yellow robe parting to reveal his orange shirt, a long sword hanging at his hip, and a dark yellow bandoleer across his chest bearing a small number of wands. He straightens himself to his full six feet, one inch of height and extends his muscular right arm, offering his hand in a clasp of friendship to the even larger, more muscular and more formidable orc. "Grynth, did you say? I am called Emagor Rilliance, and I am pleased to make your acquaintance, even under these less than ideal circumstances. Well met!" Peabody keeps his silence for a change and burrows under Emagor's collar, thinking he is hidden.

Malachei

First Post
With a longish nod, the gnome agrees, "Ja-ja they have. For whatever it is worth, a short memory has its benefits, as well. Scholars generally acknowledge that the terrible battle of stones -- a local conflict you would most probably not know about, your timeline put it at 1116, if my memory does not let me down... well, ja, would not have happened without the vengeance that derives from an overactive memory. And, of course, the worship of Bane is entirely based upon bad memory." At this, he stops, looks upwards for a moment, and brings forth a small leather notebook from his array of belt pouches and bags. With a small, sharpened coal pen, he quickly scribbles a few words in the book "Hmmmm... worship... deity... remembrance... ja," before he pockets the small book again. The small figure is about to scratch his head and resume the welcome procedure, as he recalls talk of the map and calls out, "A map! Oh, ja, let me see... I am an expert on maps... let me see..." Hastily, his short legs take a few steps, and he raises to his maximum height -- which isn't much -- in order to get a better view of the map.

Remove ads